Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Eguzky Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
I mean, Dragonborn are a PHB race, and no party is complete without a beast race, IMO.

S
old hand
old hand
S
Dragonborn is in the PHB and has been datamined recently.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Tabaxis aren't PHB, so they are very unlikely to be added.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by snowram
sigh ...
Endless topic. :-/

As far as i know, Larian never confrimmed anything about races, both from PHB, nor outside of it ...
This statement is often misstaken from their AMA before EA even started, where somebody asked about Classes and Subclasses ... and yes, it was confrimmed that all PHB classes and subclasses will be included in final release.
(Note that this dont mean that ONLY PHB classes and subclasses will be there, only that anything beyond this particular book is not ensured.)

But as far as i know, not even a single word about Races.
(Feel free to corect me, if you have other source.)

I remember Swen was asked about races in QA section of one PFH (they dont answer any questions anymore, do they?) ... i believe it was patch 5 but not sure ... and that he said something like there will be no info about Races, since they keep them hidden for final release as a surprise.

As for datamining ...
That is anything but confrimation, every decent dataminer (and this screenshot i have seen on Chubblot twitter, and im certain that he do) keep repeating the same warning that datamining stuff can be anything from concepts, over unplayable npcs, to cut content.
In other words: Just bcs dataminers find something, doesnt mean that we will get it.

Now dont get me wrong here ...
I would like to see both Races, just trying to keep expectations real.

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
S
old hand
old hand
S
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
sigh ...

As far as i know, Larian never confrimmed anything about races, both from PHB, nor outside of it ...
This statement is often misstaken from their AMA before EA even started, where somebody asked about Classes and Subclasses ... and yes, it was confrimmed that all PHB classes and subclasses will be included in final release.
(Note that this dont mean that ONLY PHB classes and subclasses will be there, only that anything beyond this particular book is not ensured.)

But as far as i know, not even a single word about Races.
(Feel free to corect me, if you have other source.)

I remember Swen was asked about races in QA section of one PFH (they dont answer any questions anymore, do they?) ... i believe it was patch 5 but not sure ... and that he said something like there will be no info about Races, since they keep them hidden for final release as a surprise.

As for datamining ...
That is anything but confrimation, every decent dataminer (and this screenshot i have seen on Chubblot twitter, and im certain that he do) keep repeating the same warning that datamining stuff can be anything from concepts, over unplayable npcs, to cut content.
In other words: Just bcs dataminers find something, doesnt mean that we will get it.

Now dont get me wrong here ...
I would like to see both Races, just trying to keep expectations real.
I am just judging on what we know, not on what we don't.

veteran
veteran
Allright ...
Can i ask for your source then?

S
old hand
old hand
S
Allright ...
I never pretended to have a source. Read my post, I said very unlikely.

I deducted that from official statement which says they are planning to include all classes from Player’s Handbook, so it seems likely it would also extend to races. We are also still missing two races from early access and they stated in the previous PFH that they are getting in the polishing phase.

But yes, perhaps there are more classes waiting for us at release, perhaps I will win the lottery tomorrow too!

A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A
You do understand they have not been sitting on their hands for the last 2 years- or their gonna get sued into oblivion for false advertisement. Just because it’s not in EA does not mean it’s not there. The game itself is 80Gb of the 150+ they hinted at earlier.

veteran
veteran
Read my post
Oh but i did .. you said:
"I am just judging on what we know"

In order to "know" you need source ...
Otherwise you just speculated it yourself and therefore you dont "know", you just presume. ;-)

And since such source dont exist as far as i know ... i "knew" you dont really "know". laugh

I deducted ... seems likely ...
See?

There is nothing wrong in having an opinion ...
But why pretend its confrimmed fact?

S
old hand
old hand
S
Read my post
Oh but i did .. you said:
"I am just judging on what we know"

In order to "know" you need source ...
Otherwise you just speculated it yourself and therefore you dont "know", you just presume. ;-)

And since such source dont exist as far as i know ... i "knew" you dont really "know". laugh

I deducted ... seems likely ...
See?

There is nothing wrong in having an opinion ...
But why pretend its confrimmed fact?
I'm granting you this semantic win since you want it so badly. Next time I'll preface with a bold blinking text that something is my opinion so you can finally tell.

veteran
veteran
You do that. smile
Would be appreciated.

Now back to the topic ...
Funny enough i actualy agree with you.

If Larian dont include Dragonborns ... i think this game would get lots of (unfair?) negative reviews ... and nobody wants that.
My inly fear is that they will look exactly as Lizards from DoS. :-/

As for Tabaxi ... it realy depends on implementation ...
I say that the less human the Race is, the lesser are chances for it to be included.
For example Genasi are basicaly just humans with weird skin, hair, and/or eye collors ... so i would say their chances are high.
Same goes for Aasimar ... but there are those wing racials ... so lower.
If Tabaxi are basicaly just humanoid cats, like Khajiits ... i would say there is much better chance than if they should have catlike paws rather than hands and feets like human.

veteran
veteran
You do that. smile
Would be appreciated.

Or just please stop with the nonsense. This is a moderation warning.

And there's no reason to PM me about it, this is an ongoing issue and you're reaching the limit of patience. It is on your responsibility to figure out why I keep addressing you, and why we've had this conversation multiple times before. If you can't figure it out, then well...

A few hints;
No one is beholden to you, or need to prove themselves to you; They don't answer to you.
You need to improve on affording a wider level of good will in understanding others - As they frequently have to afford you.

Allright ...

This is unnecessary. Also completely missing the point that you're both actually agreeing and saying the same thing.

sigh ...

You make it so.

This does not need to be replied to, or dissected into 7 separate quotes (somehow) to get defensive about or counter-argue. It's simply a clear and blunt message of informing you to either stop, or force me to take other action.

veteran
Online Content
veteran
Replying to OP, I'd imagine that Dragonborn are being saved for launch for two reasons. The first is that they probably couldn't get Dragonborn models done in time for EA due to their relative complexity and they don't seem interested in adding races to EA. Second is that Dragonborn are a really cool-looking race and it makes senseto have them saved for launch as a carrot to look forward to.

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
Originally Posted by Gray Ghost
Replying to OP, I'd imagine that Dragonborn are being saved for launch for two reasons. The first is that they probably couldn't get Dragonborn models done in time for EA due to their relative complexity and they don't seem interested in adding races to EA. Second is that Dragonborn are a really cool-looking race and it makes senseto have them saved for launch as a carrot to look forward to.

Agreed. This also falls in line with the only reason Gnomes were really added is because Sven accidentally announced them during that one speech he was giving or whatever it was.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by The Composer
Or just please stop with the nonsense.
I dont see any nonsence ...
Foundation of statement was false ... so i pointed that out ... just as other people did in the past:
https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=799656#Post799656
(I was searching for different post, but this one should serve aswell.)

You know this remind me scene i have seen in some sitcom i believe:
Her: Stop this!
Him: What?
Her: This?
Him: And that is?
Her: This, what you do.
Him: And what do i do?
Her: This! For christ sake!

And im just as confused as he is ...
Im quite sure you know exactly what "this" is ... sadly i dont, and you dont tell me, yet you expect me to somehow figure that out. :-/

And there's no reason to PM me about it
Yeah i noticed few last times ...
As you may noticed that i no longer do that.

No one is beholden to you, or need to prove themselves to you; They don't answer to you.
Im aware ...
And i never said they do.

snowram (sincerely/sarcasticaly? dunno, not important tho) offered ... i (sincerely) accepted and expressed my gratitude for that.

Dont know what else you read there but this is what it is.
In Czech, this is concidered to be polite. O_o

Allright ...
This is unnecessary.
Depends ...
In light of the rest conversation, since snowram admited that he have none, it may seem unnecesary bcs it dont really change anything in argument, nor the flow of the conversation.

But i dont concider mysellf to be flawless being, and as i keep saying from the begining i simply didnt know about any confrimation about Races from Larian ... so if he would have some (wich i didnt know for sure, when i asked that question ... even tho i admit that i did expected this outcome) it would be very neccessary for me. :-/

Also its exactly the same question that is asked here quite frequently ...
Not exactly in the best way sometimes.
But i myself asked for this countless times allready, and it was never a problem before ...
And feel free to corect me, but i believe i asked politely. O_O

Also completely missing the point that you're both actually agreeing and saying the same thing.
I wouldnt say that we say the same thing ...

Im concidering amount of work that will be required to implement something ... ignoring sourcebooks entirely.
snowram is concidering sourcebooks ...

Yes, in the end we reach the same finish ... but since it was the way that seemed arguable, i dont really see that as relevant. O_o

You make it so.
Well, i presume i can let people claim things that are not true and dont corect them ...
But what would be the purpose of such act? :-/

This does not need to be replied to, or dissected into 7 separate quotes (somehow) to get defensive about or counter-argue.
I swear to Gods that there are 7 quotes is just coincidence!
I didnt do that on purpose!

But yes, i do feel urge to defend myself, when i feel to be falsely acused ...
If i should have read this last quote as "shut up imediately and completely, or else" ... then im affraid we both knew that "or else" was inevidable. frown

So i presume this is goodbye.

veteran
veteran
Or just please stop with the nonsense.
I dont see any nonsence ...
Foundation of statement was false ... so i pointed that out ... just as other people did in the past:
https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=799656#Post799656
(I was searching for different post, but this one should serve aswell.)

You know this remind me scene i have seen in some sitcom i believe:
Her: Stop this!
Him: What?
Her: This?
Him: And that is?
Her: This, what you do.
Him: And what do i do?
Her: This! For christ sake!

And im just as confused as he is ...
Im quite sure you know exactly what "this" is ... sadly i dont, and you dont tell me, yet you expect me to somehow figure that out. :-/

And there's no reason to PM me about it
Yeah i noticed few last times ...
As you may noticed that i no longer do that.

Im aware ...
And i never said they do.

snowram (sincerely/sarcasticaly? dunno, not important tho) offered ... i (sincerely) accepted and expressed my gratitude for that.

Dont know what else you read there but this is what it is.
In Czech, this is concidered to be polite. O_o

Allright ...
This is unnecessary.
Depends ...
In light of the rest conversation, since snowram admited that he have none, it may seem unnecesary bcs it dont really change anything in argument, nor the flow of the conversation.

But i dont concider mysellf to be flawless being, and as i keep saying from the begining i simply didnt know about any confrimation about Races from Larian ... so if he would have some (wich i didnt know for sure, when i asked that question ... even tho i admit that i did expected this outcome) it would be very neccessary for me. :-/

Also its exactly the same question that is asked here quite frequently ...
Not exactly in the best way sometimes.
But i myself asked for this countless times allready, and it was never a problem before ...
And feel free to corect me, but i believe i asked politely. O_O

Also completely missing the point that you're both actually agreeing and saying the same thing.
I wouldnt say that we say the same thing ...

Im concidering amount of work that will be required to implement something ... ignoring sourcebooks entirely.
snowram is concidering sourcebooks ...

Yes, in the end we reach the same finish ... but since it was the way that seemed arguable, i dont really see that as relevant. O_o

You make it so.
Well, i presume i can let people claim things that are not true and dont corect them ...
But what would be the purpose of such act? :-/

This does not need to be replied to, or dissected into 7 separate quotes (somehow) to get defensive about or counter-argue.
I swear to Gods that there are 7 quotes is just coincidence!
I didnt do that on purpose!

But yes, i do feel urge to defend myself, when i feel to be falsely acused ...
If i should have read this last quote as "shut up imediately and completely, or else" ... then im affraid we both knew that "or else" was inevidable. frown

So i presume this is goodbye.

For a little while, yes. When you return, consider not posting unless you're directly adding something to the topic and conversation; If it's nitpicky on grammar, to hold someone accountable to answer to you (which they don't) or otherwise make the flow of conversation and dialogue unpleasant/difficult for everyone else - Then don't post. Just like I warned you not to this time.

I
old hand
old hand
I
I think the cinematics, including the more graphic romance scenes, prevents the inclusion of more nonhuman races because people will then start screaming furry.

P
addict
addict
P
Originally Posted by Ixal
I think the cinematics, including the more graphic romance scenes, prevents the inclusion of more nonhuman races because people will then start screaming furry.

People already scream furry, even though beastfolk and monstrous non-human races are in no way a new thing for DnD, and have never exclusively been played by people in the fur community.

Back in DOS2 days there were people against being able to take romance options as a lizard, for the same reason, people screaming furry, or even more stupidly, bestiality. I didn't see nearly as many people protesting being able to literally bone a skeleton.

veteran
veteran
Fane unknowingly propositions your skeleton character, just to see how humans do it. **Aggressive xylophone noises** "Ahh, interesting!"

Just think... if Helia still makes it in, and is a romance option, you'll have a certain section of the internet strangling themselves and turning blue as they try to work out whether they want to screech 'pedo' or 'bestiality' louder.

P
addict
addict
P
Yes, my first experience with Fane, proposition, was with a skeleton character, and I just.....

*flashes back to imagining rhythmical clattering noises in my head*

And that kind of coloured my entire skeleton play through, Ifan trying to romance me? Ifan! This is bones! No wobbly bits!

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Piff
Yes, my first experience with Fane, proposition, was with a skeleton character, and I just.....

*flashes back to imagining rhythmical clattering noises in my head*

And that kind of coloured my entire skeleton play through, Ifan trying to romance me? Ifan! This is bones! No wobbly bits!

Is this where the expression "jump someone's bones" comes from? Sorry, I'll see myself out... grin

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard