Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
There likely won't be a find steed spell in the game, since i don't think mounts or riding are in it in general.

As for PHB only content, that's what we know so far. PHB plus maybe something more(like with githyanki), but they would have to decide on that, and we don't know what decisions they took.

Also, Larian usually does not overpromise, they promise something, but usually deliver something more. So there is hope, but we have no knowledge at this point. Some people claim they datamined content even up to Tasha's. So we'll see.

Last edited by Krom; 03/11/22 09:44 PM.
veteran
veteran
Just want to point out that while its true that Larian said this game content will be based mostly on PHB ...
They never said, nor even hinted that no other source will be used ... quite the contrary ... we wre told about then using other books in AMA before EA even started, we have Githyanki, Ranger Sorcerer and Barbarian were changed.

I dont understand why some people still claim that whats not in PHB will not be there ... when we all know it allready is!

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 04/11/22 07:01 AM.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
I dont understand why some people still claim that whats not in PHB will not be there ... when we all know it allready is!
That’s the safest assumption. Larian said they are aiming to have PHB content in, so that’s what people stick to. Don’t want to keep peoples hopes up for things that are unlikely to be in the game. Generally people don’t have to clarify that they are not planning to do the thing, they never claimed to be planning to do.

veteran
veteran
Keeping false hopes is bad ... i agree.
But just as bad is to needlessly frustrate them. :-/

Yes, we know that most of PHB should be present (corect me if you have link to their original statement, but i believe they didnt say "all" of it) ...
Beyond that? We dont know anything.

And stating both absence, or presence of any other content is nothing but a wild guess.
I just cant understand why people cant simply say "we dont know" rather than "nah, this will never be there since its not from PHB" ...
Just by looking at the game right now is unshakeable proof that second statement is factualy false. laugh

S
old hand
old hand
S
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Keeping false hopes is bad ... i agree.
But just as bad is to needlessly frustrate them. :-/

Yes, we know that most of PHB should be present (corect me if you have link to their original statement, but i believe they didnt say "all" of it) ...
Beyond that? We dont know anything.

And stating both absence, or presence of any other content is nothing but a wild guess.
I just cant understand why people cant simply say "we dont know" rather than "nah, this will never be there since its not from PHB" ...
Just by looking at the game right now is unshakeable proof that second statement is factualy false. laugh
Most people don't say the former because otherwise, you would have a lot of not so bright people who would endlessly complain about being betrayed. Just look how people reacted to the 2nd birthday, and there wasn't even an announcement there!

veteran
veteran
The most recent interview I found from a very quick Google search related to 5e content in BG3: https://www.eurogamer.net/baldurs-gate-3-patch-6-impressions-and-an-interview-with-larian on October 14, 2021 (~Patch 6)

Originally Posted by Interview
Interviewer: You mentioned you're doing all 12 D&D classes there.
Swen: Yeah, we're doing the classes that are in the Player Handbook. They are the ones that are going in. I hope we openly communicated that part because that's what we're doing.

Interviewer: You won't be pulling in any classes, or subclasses, added in new D&D books then?
Swen: No, that's why we... The Player Handbook on its own is already quite a lot of work, to do it the way that we want to do it, so we're sticking to that. If we manage to get it all right, we will be very happy, because that's a lot

The older statements seem to have left the topic of including non PHB/MM/DMB material more open. E.g.,
2020 Reddit AMA. Swen: "PHB/MM/DMG are the base we are starting from but we are taking material from other books too."

tl;dr: Classes/subclasses are confirmed to be PHB-only. Other non-PHB 5e material like races (besides Githyanki), spells, feats, etc are possible but unlikely given the amount of work Larian still needs to do to get all PHB material in.

D
stranger
stranger
D
1. Lvl 5
2. Opportunity to select starting gear on your own (armors especially)
3. More heavy armor variants
4. Fixed Gale dialogues and behaviour related to the magic artefacts he wants and approval he gives, while not being in party
5. More warlock pacts
6. New class

A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A
I am gonna bite my hand and say it. I want the following:

1) a boob slider
2) all the sex scenes to be added
3) paladin to be out
4) Lvl 5
5) dick slider
6) the sex scene with dream person- aka raphael

S
S
I would just like to see better single player implementation. Right now we are having the same problem as the D:OS games in that online is taking priority over single player. Cut scenes still trigger whoever was the closest to the NPC at the time, same with cut scenes that happen when out of combat. We still don't have shared skills, we can't hand over conversations to another follower when a skill is required that the one talking doesn't hold, this would also eliminate the above issues. We cannot access a unified inventory. It's all just very online first, which is great but considering a lot of people enjoy playing the single player, it makes sense to make that experience feel complete, and not just tacked on.

Last edited by SgtSilock; 13/11/22 04:08 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by SgtSilock
I would just like to see better single player implementation. Right now we are having the same problem as the D:OS games in that online is taking priority over single player. Cut scenes still trigger whoever was the closest to the NPC at the time, same with cut scenes that happen when out of combat. We still don't have shared skills, we can't hand over conversations to another follower when a skill is required that the one talking doesn't hold, this would also eliminate the above issues. We cannot access a unified inventory. It's all just very online first, which is great but considering a lot of people enjoy playing the single player, it makes sense to make that experience feel complete, and not just tacked on.
Yeah i want this too, really think dialog in multiplayer should start for all players so that you dont miss cut scenes, atm i wouldn't be able to play my first play threw with another player because the potential to miss conversations is too high and stepping in to half a conversations because the other person didnt wait is really frustrating sometimes.

Last edited by Xzoviac; 13/11/22 06:22 PM.
S
S
Originally Posted by Icelyn
My wish list:
  • Updated dialogue system: 1) Option to default to pc for dialogue that starts automatically and 2) SWTOR-style dialogue for multiplayer

This, all day long this.

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
Originally Posted by SgtSilock
Originally Posted by Icelyn
My wish list:
  • Updated dialogue system: 1) Option to default to pc for dialogue that starts automatically and 2) SWTOR-style dialogue for multiplayer

This, all day long this.

+1 again.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Disorders
1. Lvl 5
2. Opportunity to select starting gear on your own (armors especially)
3. More heavy armor variants
4. Fixed Gale dialogues and behaviour related to the magic artefacts he wants and approval he gives, while not being in party
5. More warlock pacts
6. New class

1. Ain’t gonna happen.
2. Agreed +1
3. Agreed
4. Not a biggie
5. Agreed
6. Definitely happening

T
Banned
Banned
T
Originally Posted by mrfuji3
The most recent interview I found from a very quick Google search related to 5e content in BG3: https://www.eurogamer.net/baldurs-gate-3-patch-6-impressions-and-an-interview-with-larian on October 14, 2021 (~Patch 6)

Originally Posted by Interview
Interviewer: You mentioned you're doing all 12 D&D classes there.
Swen: Yeah, we're doing the classes that are in the Player Handbook. They are the ones that are going in. I hope we openly communicated that part because that's what we're doing.

Interviewer: You won't be pulling in any classes, or subclasses, added in new D&D books then?
Swen: No, that's why we... The Player Handbook on its own is already quite a lot of work, to do it the way that we want to do it, so we're sticking to that. If we manage to get it all right, we will be very happy, because that's a lot

The older statements seem to have left the topic of including non PHB/MM/DMB material more open. E.g.,
2020 Reddit AMA. Swen: "PHB/MM/DMG are the base we are starting from but we are taking material from other books too."

tl;dr: Classes/subclasses are confirmed to be PHB-only. Other non-PHB 5e material like races (besides Githyanki), spells, feats, etc are possible but unlikely given the amount of work Larian still needs to do to get all PHB material in.
Yes Classes/subclasses are confirmed to be PHB-only. More races? Perhaps maybe and we have Githyanki and Githyanki is not in PHB.

Please I want to get Paladin in Patch 9.

Last edited by Terminator2020; 23/11/22 06:40 PM.
L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
Without the knowledge of being a developer or having done this before - it does seem like additional races would be significantly easier to implement as opposed to additional classes. Especially if the races have a 'body type' that would be similar to a normal sized human character.

addict
addict
I seem to remember something about a Githzheri(sp) possibly being in, but I dunno (it would be fun seeing the dynamics with the other Gith's in the game).

I hope they expand on the sub classes though. I would really like to see the undeath Warlock and the Oath Breaker Paladins. The most probable would be the Oath Breaker considering those are pretty much the first "Paladins" we see in the game.

T
Banned
Banned
T
Originally Posted by avahZ Darkwood
I seem to remember something about a Githzheri(sp) possibly being in, but I dunno (it would be fun seeing the dynamics with the other Gith's in the game).

I hope they expand on the sub classes though. I would really like to see the undeath Warlock and the Oath Breaker Paladins. The most probable would be the Oath Breaker considering those are pretty much the first "Paladins" we see in the game.
I do not believe they do Oath Breaker Paladins. However I understand correctly then they will add subclasses from Players Handbook. Oath of Breaker is not PHB. Oath of Breaker is Dungeons Master book.
Perhaps maybe, but I believe they do not do Oath of Breaker, but if they do that then ok. There is a chance however from the roleplay idea since it could happen that Paladin would be oath breaker. Therefore I really do not want to guess chance for this to happen and I do not know.

I also want this BG3 in 2023 really done so I can play this with my brother. My brother have said he will buy this game when it is done and you can play it all.

I hope they add all Oaths from Players Handbook at least for Paladin. Please add Paladin in Patch 9.

Last edited by Terminator2020; 27/11/22 06:25 AM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Terminator2020
I do not believe they do Oath Breaker Paladins.
Even if not ...
Some moder surely will. wink

Maybe they allready did. laugh

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 27/11/22 10:15 AM.

addict
addict
@Raz oh you bet I have been playing the devoted Oath Breaker Paladin smile - I would just like to see an official port with a few dialog choices…

enthusiast
enthusiast
I mostly want level 5.
There are a lot of level 3 spells that could go REALLY wrong without some proper feedback and balancing.

Stuff like animate dead, conjure animals, counterspell, fly, major image, ... come to mind.
Depending on how exactly they implement this, animate dead for example (especially with the necromancy wizard, that is in the PHB) could completely break the game, in ways that shatter just can not.

Summoning in general is a "problematic" category of spells that starts at level 3 and so can only be playtested for player feedback if we get another level.

Also, I want to see how exactly extra attack interacts with a couple Larian features!

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard