Print Thread
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Krom
Originally Posted by Terminator2020
Originally Posted by Krom
Muticlassing without paladin is a steak without salt :P
Hmm I would set some limited expectations. My strong guess is that Hexadin of Warlock will not be released in BG full release which makes Warlock/Paladin build is much less popular. There are of course other multiclass possibilites.

I don't expect -at this point- to see Hexblade warlock in the official release of the game, at least at start. Maybe however, we will see it, either because of story reasons, or because it would fix the problem of melee warlocks not working in the base PHB conveniently.

Another way would be to buff pact of the blade, but you also need eldritch smite ability, without it, there-is-not a melee warlock. It would be much faster and easier to just put hexblade in and be done with it, than trying to rebalance pact of the blade, along with any imbalances that arise because you changed an already established and -somewhat- balanced system.

Mizora is obviously not the raven queen or a sentient weapon, so Wyll can not really be a hexblade. Some more XGtE invocations (like Eldritch Smite) would be cool, but I would not expect them at this point.

Imo, the easiest way to make meelee warlocks work is just add hex warrior to pact of the blade. That is the main reason why only hexblades work as meelee warlocks atm.

veteran
veteran
I think seeing some XGtE invocations isn't THAT unlikely, same with feats from there as well. I think the odds of anything outside PHB being added are directly tied to how many new assets and interactions adding them would entail. So eldritch smite would probably not require much in the way of either. And we've seen them make some pretty big alterations to the Ranger, as you've pointed out. Since Wyll is clearly meant to be a blade pact warlock, I suspect that the reason they didn't include pact of the blade from the beginning is that they're conscious of the limitations you're pointing out and are trying to figure out how to fix that behind the scenes, much like they altered Rangers. They just had Rangers ready to go first for EA since they're something of an archetypal class, so starting EA without one would have felt 'wrong'.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Yeah, I hope you are right smile
XGtE massively improved the PHB, without introducing too much power creep (unlike TGtE, which also has a lot of interesting options, but clockwork soul sorcerer, twilight cleric etc just straight out invalidate all other subclasses)

DnD without the Xanathar options kind of feels empty imo
I really hope they add some other subclasses also. Hexblade obviously, Zealot Barbarian, Whispers Bard, Kensei Monk, Conquest Paladin, Gloomstalker, ...

Oh yeah, and while we are on Warlocks, Shadow of Moil was introduced in XGtE, without that spell, warlocks are a lot weaker too!

The racial feats you mentioned are cool, but imo only Dragon Fear and Elven Accuracy are truly "must picks" for their respective race. I would be ok, if they were not included (though it would make the game better if they were included)

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Qoray
Also, I want to see how exactly extra attack interacts with a couple Larian features!
100% +1 ...

Also, to be completely honest, i want to see howw exactly extra attack itself will work ... bcs what we can see curently with Githyanki (who basicaly just get two actions) seems quite broken. :-/

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
T
Banned
Banned
T
Originally Posted by Qoray
I mostly want level 5.
I want Paladin and more then any level 5 in Alpha.
I am happy this game has not level 20 (well not at full release in 2023 at least they could later do an expansion and rise max level to even 20). I dislike slightly super high level gamplay in DnD. However if max level is example level 11-15 that is ok with me.
Yes I get it you want most things and if they do them then fine. We will see how it will be.

That said I listen to this info:

Well and Wolfheart has meet Larian. That info is 3 months old true, but I believe it and they focus on Players Handbook much indeed. Anything outside of Players Handbook I take as happy surprise with exeption of perhaps races, monsters and stuff not related to classes or subclasses. We have Githyanki race included and that race is not in Players Handbook.

Do I know if Patch 9 will have Paladin and/or Monk or no class? I do not know that answer.
I do hope Patch 9 will have Paladin class at least. Finally only Larian decide/know how much they will exactly do.

Last edited by Terminator2020; 28/11/22 08:26 PM.
veteran
veteran
Well and Wolfheart has meet Larian.
That is true ...
But he also said himself that he didnt get any internal information ... i beleieve he said something like:
"When i get into Larian studios Swen himself asked me what i want to know ... and i said tell me only things that are either allready confrimmed or subject of this upcoming patch ... bcs i wouldnt be able to speak about anything else i learned there, since that would be violation of NDA(?)"
Just paraphrasing ofc.

So his speculations and guesses are as good as anyone of us. smile

veteran
veteran
Wow, I admire his restraint. Even if I couldn't talk about it publically, I'd have still asked to know EVERYTHING if I were in his position.

S
old hand
old hand
S
Since there are already play testers in the wild, I would assume he probably got to test later acts too at some point. I can only imagine the pain of trying to convey excitement without leaking a single thing. :P

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Gray Ghost
Wow, I admire his restraint. Even if I couldn't talk about it publically, I'd have still asked to know EVERYTHING if I were in his position.
Know what you mean, but take under concideration that he would need to hold every video about BG-3 til release. :-/

Same thing basicaly ended Outstar (one of REALLY big youtubers about Bloodlines and World of Darkness), when she signed contract for Paradox.

T
Banned
Banned
T
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Well and Wolfheart has meet Larian.
That is true ...
But he also said himself that he didnt get any internal information ... i beleieve he said something like:
"When i get into Larian studios Swen himself asked me what i want to know ... and i said tell me only things that are either allready confrimmed or subject of this upcoming patch ... bcs i wouldnt be able to speak about anything else i learned there, since that would be violation of NDA(?)"
Just paraphrasing ofc.

Well you can call this conspiracy theory if you want.
How come both me and him has come to same conclusion without even that video? From earlier information said. Well and if he guesses wrong then so be it but I would say his guesses are likely more then 90 % true for sure. No I am not going to bother search some more links to you as I did already provide something and not my task to do that.

Guesses only? Larian has said that they will keep and deliver PHB classes and subclasses (at least mostly anything outside it in classes and subclasses I take as happy and welcome surprise of course). Well and if he tells some info that he should not tell us that is between Wolfheart and Larian.

As I see it Wolfheart and Larian are in symbiosis (it means they benefit from each other). He has defended Larian also against some negative reviews fo BG3. I agree with his defence. Funny BG 3 reviews some lies said about what has been promised. Well and this game is not some fake project. I absolutely believe BG3 will be released during year 2023.

Sure you can call that video guesses, but I believe it to be true. Some things he does mention like this is not in Players Handbook so very unsure if it will be included I think he mentioned about Death Domain Cleric which is not in PHB. Well and personally I would be delighted if Twilight Domain Cleric would be included, but I doubt that and my guess it will not be in full release date at least.

An expansion could of course of course later increase level cap and bring more Dnd features such as classes/subclasses, cleric domains and races.

As for patch 9 please add Paladin class that is my highest wish.
Actually I must say if they would add Paladin class and rise max level to 5 in Alpha both these things I would forsee a huge increase of people returning to test BG3 again and play it in Alpha. Well so I have never said I am against level 5 in Alpha. A warning though Larian is perhaps preparing to finish this game in 2023 and do not bother to release level 5 in Alpha. Level 5 has not never been promised to be included in Alpha. I have said indeed I want Paladin class released as most for Patch 9 if I can only choose one thing for Patch 9.

Last edited by Terminator2020; 29/11/22 09:39 PM.
veteran
veteran
Guesses only?
Eh ... no? O_o

I repeat:
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD

old hand
old hand
As I see it Wolfheart and Larian are in symbiosis (it means they benefit from each other). He has defended Larian also against some negative reviews fo BG3. I agree with his defence. Funny BG 3 reviews some lies said about what has been promised. Well and this game is not some fake project. I absolutely believe BG3 will be released during year 2023.

Well, he addressed some reviews that were actually hardly reviews at all, but apparently more like "three-liners.", which quintessentially say this game is bad. The very few, larger selected negative reviews were also often cursorily highlighted, I felt. For topics like graphics, you look at streams and not reviews. Frustrated discussions about the or no release date or buying / not buying an EA game also do not help me to get to know the game, besides, there is a forum for that. A more exciting topic for a review would have been, for example, the in-game conversion from RTwP to TB mode. (Both from the people who write the reviews and from Wolfheart who selects and analyzes the reviews).

Of course, you can't take something like that seriously as a review, so I would have liked them to ignore such very short, meaningless reviews and focus on real ones. There are very well negative reviews with good arguments / good points of criticism, but there you have to look for... I didn't get the impression that this happened at all. From there it was very one-sided, not to say pro Larian. ;-)

EDIT: I just noticed that he has videos on YT one from three weeks ago and one from a year ago on the subject. I had only watched that one with the Steam reviews and that's what I'm referring to.

Last edited by Lotus Noctus; 30/11/22 07:42 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Okay. The PFH is on Dec 14th and it's called Holy Knight. So, that pretty much tells us what class is being added there.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Yup, very happy with this!
Hope it still comes to Stadia despite them shutting down

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Eagle Pursuit
Okay. The PFH is on Dec 14th and it's called Holy Knight. So, that pretty much tells us what class is being added there.

Right. Artificer. Obviously, I mean Santa Makes toys after all.

/s

Blackheifer
old hand
old hand
Two weeks to find out how they're going to handle smite. That also means we'll most likely see whatever Reaction rework they have cooked up, if there is one.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Blackheifer

Right. Artificer. Obviously, I mean Santa Makes toys after all.

Haha! Good one! I wouldn't have put it past LArian to do something like that. But of course it's the ELVES that make the toys, Santa just delivers them. Clearly Santa wouldn't have any class anyway, he's obviously a god.

veteran
Online Confused
veteran
Okay. The PFH is on Dec 14th and it's called Holy Knight.
Geoff K. as guest is I think a more significant - I think release date announcement is coming, especially with game awards happening just couple days prior. I don’t think they would bring GK just to discuss the newest patch.

Last edited by Wormerine; 01/12/22 01:37 AM.
veteran
veteran
[Linked Image from i1.sndcdn.com]

SMITING INTENSIFIES. I'm so excited about paladin! Now I just need Aasimar and I am complete.

T
Banned
Banned
T
Originally Posted by Lotus Noctus

Of course, you can't take something like that seriously as a review, so I would have liked them to ignore such very short, meaningless reviews and focus on real ones. There are very well negative reviews with good arguments / good points of criticism, but there you have to look for... I didn't get the impression that this happened at all. From there it was very one-sided, not to say pro Larian. ;-)
Well I am not saying this game is right now 10/10 stars. That said my modern gaming laptop is right now in the shop guarantee that will fix some hardware issue with it.

I can first test patch 9 with my gaming desktop with a bit older hardware, but it does meet the recommend system requirements or little above it is my old gaming desktop hardware and then look at system requirements (max settings FULL HD resolution is what I aim to play at). Well and test does BG3 Patch 9 work or does it have bugs etc? In addition many times when a main patch is released a bit later might some bugs perhaps might be fixed and they release some hotfix to fix them.

It is not what Wolfheart only say. I have played Alpha before though it has been n months since last time I played Alpha. When patch 9 is released then I am interested to play Alpha again.

Well and I only laugh at people who complain this has not act 2 or act 3 in Alpha. Larian did say from the beginning that Alpha has only Act 1 as it should I think this is not a massive MMO. I want lots of content to see first time when the full game is released.  In addition, how to control characters is perhaps not the best system and get some time to get used to the first time, but generally I think this is very good game. Well and this game can even become excellent at full release and we see more subclasses etc.

Some other Dnd 5 or Pathfinder games out there? Perhaps, but how many of them can I play them in multiplayer including also my brother? Baldurs Gate 3 is right now a bit rare gem since most Dnd 5 or Pathfinder games in PC games right now tend to be single player only. Well and of course single player is supported as well in this game BG3.

Thank you Larian smile. I assume Holy Knight means Paladin. As for possible other features in Patch 9 I guess we will see. Excellent Larian you made my highest wish for patch 9 to become true that Paladin class is going to be there. Well or logically what else could Holy Knight mean then Paladin class?

Last edited by Terminator2020; 01/12/22 09:40 PM.
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard