Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 15 16
T
stranger
stranger
T
Originally Posted by Maximuuus
Day&Night cycle ? Thank you Larian all my dreams come true !

Originally Posted by dwig
I'll believe they are implementing a Day/Night cycle when I boot up the game and see a day night cycle.

Did someone mention d/n cycle? Here I am.

I can’t stop laughing at your quotes xD xD sorry but thank you…
Personally, I don’t want to give myself hope about this anymore, till they show they actually implemented it in the game too and not only in cinematic trailers xD but it is some start, huh? xD

Really looking forward to the Awards day and new PFH content.
Release Date announcement would be nice too.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Topper
Some good stuff coming. Does anyone else ignore the PFH until after the patch release? I prefer to discover what's new each time rather than see it played by the team.

I've never watched them. I read Niara's commentary (more entertaining and well written) for the coles notes. Also, I like seeing the changes by myself in-game.

Also Also, I don't like theatre, so Swen's whole personality is kind of obnoxious to me, but that's just my opinion, nothing against him as a person.

L
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
L
As a note to those expecting all sorts of crazy things at The Game Awards...

Keep in mind it is an awards show - not a Baldur's Gate 3 showcase. It is pretty obvious we are going to get a trailer and it seems heavily implied that we will get a release date. But there is a Panel From Hell the next week. So odds are they give us the trailer and a release date, then the Panel From Hell is where all of the rest of the information will come out.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Lake Plisko

Keep in mind it is an awards show - not a Baldur's Gate 3 showcase. It is pretty obvious we are going to get a trailer and it seems heavily implied that we will get a release date. But there is a Panel From Hell the next week. So odds are they give us the trailer and a release date, then the Panel From Hell is where all of the rest of the information will come out.
Too late! You already said BIG THINGS are coming at the game awards, and you can’t take it back now.😜

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Zellin
Originally Posted by Etruscan
I made my comment about day/night cycle firmly tongue-in-cheek; I know there will be no D/N in this game. Also slightly concerned how Larian make Minsc, given his already unique personality and Larian's penchant for turning everything up to the max.
Ok. But so far you weren't the only one from whom I saw a comment about D/N-cycle.
I saw that people commented about the day/night circle and said, I would be more excited for that than for the Return of a companion, I didn't like in the first games. That was it. I have no Idea , how likely d/n cycle might be.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Icelyn
Originally Posted by Lake Plisko

Too late! You already said BIG THINGS are coming at the game awards, and you can’t take it back now.😜

And I hope these BIG THINKS are not only or mostly old wine in new bottles https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=831373#Post831373

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Tabyss
Did someone mention d/n cycle? Here I am.

I can’t stop laughing at your quotes xD xD sorry but thank you…
Personally, I don’t want to give myself hope about this anymore, till they show they actually implemented it in the game too and not only in cinematic trailers xD but it is some start, huh? xD.

Not really... No one think they will add D/N cycle because there's a few night seconds in the trailer.

I still hope about D/N but I don't really expect it anymore.
Larian does not seem to really care about giving the players the feeling that their world make sense. Could even say that they are assembling playgrounds rather than creating a world (which is not bad, but not what I like the most in rpg).

Last edited by Maximuuus; 07/12/22 03:46 PM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
S
old hand
old hand
S
Even as someone who like RPGs with day/night cycles, I do not miss it in BG3. Sure it would add some variety to the scenery, but I see it as a massive scope creep with little payoff for a CRPG like this one. I imagine that if we got it, people would shift the blame on something else like weather or NPC behavior tree.

veteran
veteran
Day/night cycle isn’t important to me, either. I am more focused on the characters, story, quests, and spells.😊🐻

I am hoping that after the trailer is released at the game awards, they will be able to talk more about the game and confirm what will be in it!

Last edited by Icelyn; 07/12/22 05:06 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
I am not too bothered about D/N cycle but it would add to the immersion. Hope they get some decent wild and wet weather in as well. My fantasy head always imagines its wet and windy or misty and frosty when I'm walking down a sword coast town or city street. With a cloak and hood of course.

A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A
Maybe the patch is more than just a new class. "Patch 9 draws near and it will be roughly 33 GB, bringing the full game size to 84.7 GB."

I sometimes use thought experiments. I don't necessarily believe in every idea I post for discussion on this forum
veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
Well...
Patch 8 was 40GB ... and it was single new class ...
Patch 7 was 32GB ... and it was single new class ...
Patch 6 was 60GB ... and it was single new class and new region ...
And for Patch 5 Larian as it seems didnt anounced the size, so i dont really know. laugh

Anyway, if this tells us anything, it tells us that patch size dont tell us much about its content. smile

Most of it can be visual (models and textures), or sound files ...
Lots of it will be replacement of curently existing things ...

After all ... we download 33/85 of that game again ... so logicaly, almost half of it will be changed somehow.
And since our curent game size is 104GB ... we may aswell loose some things.

//Edit:
That, or Larian once again found some way to save some space on our machines, and this patch is just really complressed beast, that would in older patches take twice as much space. laugh Who can really tell? laugh

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 08/12/22 06:30 AM.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
Hey this is interesting ... i just chcecked game awards and Baldur's Gate 3 is not nominated in any category.
Wich kinda suprised me, since i would expect it to show in at least "most anticipated". O_o

I dont usualy watch theese shows, can someone shed some light for me?
Do they often also get some "but meanwhile lets look what next year have prepared for us" between anouncing winners? Bcs otherwise, i dont really know where BG-3 could show up ... and i really dont want to spend another hour or two watching bullshits that dont interests me at all, just to get 7seconds trailer, that i allready seen bcs i was teased by it to that event ... as it was in Guerilla Games event. -_-

S
old hand
old hand
S
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Hey this is interesting ... i just chcecked game awards and Baldur's Gate 3 is not nominated in any category.
Wich kinda suprised me, since i would expect it to show in at least "most anticipated". O_o

Do they often also get some "but meanwhile lets look what next year have prepared for us" between anouncing winners? Bcs otherwise, i dont really know where BG-3 could show up ... and i really dont want to spend another hour or two watching bullshits that dont interests me at all, just to get 7seconds trailer, that i allready seen bcs i was teased by it to that event ... as it was in Guerilla Games event. -_-
You are talking about an event where Genshin is nominated and winning 2022 game of the year over Elden Ring because they are paying players to vote for it. Game Awards has absolutely no credibility in my eyes.

veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
Thats one of reasons i have no interest in that part (rewards) of the show. laugh

veteran
veteran
I've really never cared about awards shows period, gaming or otherwise. I just wait for any trailers or news that came out to be released on youtube the next day. (Fingers still desperately crossed for Dragon Age news.)

addict
addict
Do they often also get some "but meanwhile lets look what next year have prepared for us" between anouncing winners?
In the first episode of Noclip’s Hades documentary, the dev team goes to the game awards to show a trailer announcing early access. (It’s on Youtube, around the 30 minute mark).

I assume Larian are doing the same thing, which seems to be common practice.

Larian, please make accessibility a priority for upcoming patches.
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Gray Ghost
I've really never cared about awards shows period, gaming or otherwise. I just wait for any trailers or news that came out to be released on youtube the next day. (Fingers still desperately crossed for Dragon Age news.)

My fingers are crossed too. eek

veteran
veteran
BG3 hasn't been finished. Look at whose game's "most anticipated" nominees are and you will find you answer, I think - all major publishers and most of the titles are from long established, strong IPs.

Game Awards is half award, half advertisement show. BG3 will be in the advertisment half of it with a full trailer.

L
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
L

Baldur's Gate 3 is in a weird spot in terms of 'anticipation' because it has been in early access for so long.

Are people excited for the full release? Yes.

But people can actually just go pickup the game and play it - thus kind of dulling the 'anticipation' for it in a lot of ways. I imagine if you could play the first three major planets of Starfield right now or explore everything but the castle in Hogwart's legacy in some Early Access capacity they also wouldn't be on the list.

I'm sure BG3 will be nominated for plenty of stuff next year when it releases.

Page 4 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 15 16

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard