Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
1. Slane (obvious one, but luckily doable even without chicken claw with good strategy + reviving other characters)
2. The fight against voidwoken that spawn when you take the ring. (ended my first ever honor run)
3. The fight against the geenie (Ended my second honor run because I saved during his turn, forgetting that he has unlimited hydrosophist spells AKA no cooldowns. You should never save during the enemy's turn on honor mode.)
4. The devourer.
5. The doctor.

I then switched to regular tactician again (disc gave out on my first tactician playthrough so I lost the save), but plan to eventually play honor mode again.

What fights should you watch out for in honor mode? Only the fights will concern me since I know all the out-of-combat ways to die, and if by some small chance there is something which I haven't explored and which can kill you out of combat, I will google it before making any decisions around it.

What fights have ended your own honor runs? Which ones should you watch out for the most? Or do you think the ones I listed are the only ones that can end your honor mode run if you're experienced with tactician?

Also would recommend disabling autosaves, especially before the final fight since the final fight is 10x more difficult if you let braccus call on the god king and if I remember correctly the game autosaves.

Instead of that, using enrage + onslaught (with anathema equipped) on braccus kills him, then using the chameleon cloak + skin graft + chameleon cloak combo is basically enough to win the fight after that.

apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Oh, the game saved automatically when the murga fight started and she did 400 damage (my armor) then 550 damage (my HP) in one turn.

I know she does this much damage, but I thought I turned off autosave. And the sad thing is, everything else was so incredibly easy and intuitive I would have beaten it but swore I would never try again if I somehow died to something this time. Even dying during the final fight would be preferable than dying because the game destroyed your save file.

apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
On solo honor mode, you should be playing as if you have the glass cannon talent. You can kill lohar and the dwarves around him at lvl 10 with one character without exiting the fight if you have chicken claw but it's risky. (Cade can oneshot you but can be killed or CC'd before being able to kill you, lohar's what makes the fight difficult.) I have done it on one previous run but not on this one. The retribution damage done by the blues wolves around aetera and sallow man is extreme, don't underestimate it. Also if the game "cheats your turn" you should reload if you're relying on living on the edge since it might not carry on to your turn.

Last edited by Epimetus; 05/12/22 06:56 PM.
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice

Also I meant to say the blue wolves around aetera explode when they die, retribution damage isn't really a problem. There's unfair ways to die like that but honor mode was actually just as easy as tactician this time around. Looking at the date of my previous post really shows how act 2 took so much longer than acts 3 and 4 combined.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard