Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
veteran
veteran
Patch day! Xmas claphands

K
journeyman
journeyman
K
Patch day indeed, hope we get some cool new fixes to go with the cheese.

S
old hand
old hand
S
Yup, patch day. Some are preparing their party hat while others are preparing their pitchfork. I can tell that my the party hat is already ready. grin

addict
addict
Originally Posted by snowram
Yup, patch day. Some are preparing their party hat while others are preparing their pitchfork. I can tell that my the party hat is already ready. grin

Same!

🤶 claphands

enthusiast
enthusiast
Super hyped!!! laugh

K
journeyman
journeyman
K
Lol I only hope they can keep up the little nook and cranny exploration across all 3 acts once they release. I like that exploration is somewhat rewarded in this game. Not all stuff you find is especially worth it, but it is still possible to find stuff you missed now and then. I am just kind of wanting to see how they implement the other subclasses and such. We are missing quite a lot of PHB subclasses still, especially for cleric and wizard. Another change I hope to see coming is class restrictions on spell learning. Overall I love the game, I just want the icing on said cake now really. reactions and class restrictions on learning from spell scrolls are a big-ish thing for me smile. I mean it doesn't have to be solasta reactions per se. Just give us more control about what we can react to. E.g. blocking attacks for partymembers next to us if carrying a shield. And using shield spell to block incoming attacks and stopping spells with counter spell laugh. its not too much I ask I think.

enthusiast
enthusiast

Same! claphands
And a mug of mulled wine, since it's very cold here today.

addict
addict
I’m whetting my pitchfork as we speak, but its only fair to try the new build before going pokey-pokey. We’ll have a better idea of why Swen Vincke is the antichrist by this weekend.

Originally Posted by Lyelle
And a mug of mulled wine, since it's very cold here today.
Sounds delightful!

Last edited by Flooter; 14/12/22 02:18 PM.

Larian, please make accessibility a priority for upcoming patches.
veteran
veteran
I'm genuinely excited! I at least hope I'll be able to download the patch in time to play around with character creation and make my paladin, since it'll be evening for me and the game takes forever to download due to size. I have my issues with the game, but maybe because I don't have particular reverence for either the original games or 5e as a system, a lot of stuff doesn't actually bother me that much as I play. It's unlikely to make it to my list of favorite games, but I'm having fun with it and I think it's gonna be genuinely enjoyable, even if I'm skeptical about it being the all time great crpg experience a lot of people have called it.

Also @melivysilverroot I believe I stumbled upon your YouTube channel. I really enjoy what I've seen there. My sorcerer playthrough last month was my favorite, and tour videos have made me even more excited to play my Seldarine drow paladin once this patch drops.

veteran
veteran
Patch day! I hope I can finally fulfill my dream of creating a Sussur Salami! grin

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Crimsomrider
Patch day! I hope I can finally fulfill my dream of creating a Sussur Salami! grin

I wish I have low expectations like that too smirk

Can't wait for the PFH. That said it is sad that they choose to do it during the 1/2 final of the worldcup.

Last edited by Maximuuus; 14/12/22 02:47 PM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Maximuuus

Can't wait for the PFH. That said it is sad that they choose to do it during the 1/2 final of the worldcup.
From what I can tell, the PfH starts an hour before the game. The important stuff will probably have been said before kickoff.

S
old hand
old hand
S
Originally Posted by Flooter
Originally Posted by Maximuuus

From what I can tell, the PfH starts an hour before the game. The important stuff will probably have been said before kickoff.
But then you'll miss Swen fumbling to show off new features live by having terrible rolls.

veteran
veteran
Decisions ... decisions. laugh

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
addict
addict
But then you'll miss Swen fumbling to show off new features live by having terrible rolls.
I'll add that to the list of his antichrist-like qualities.

D
addict
addict
D
Wait, is the patch definitely going out today? In past PfH they announce the patch, and then it takes up to a week (or two) for the actual patch to release. Did they announce otherwise this time?

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by dwig
Wait, is the patch definitely going out today? In past PfH they announce the patch, and then it takes up to a week (or two) for the actual patch to release. Did they announce otherwise this time?
No? Patch gets always release during the PfH. Week before they used to post steam warning about save compatibility. I don't think we got it this time (am not on steam) but we did get early blog update in November.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Wormerine
No? Patch gets always release during the PfH. Week before they used to post steam warning about save compatibility. I don't think we got it this time (am not on steam) but we did get early blog update in November.

unless you are on Mac, then the patch generally gets released a bit later. This was already mentioned in the pre-patch release post.

"Patch 9 will be live for Mac OS a bit later, as our teams are working on some final troubleshooting."

D
addict
addict
D
I know they always describe and talk up the patch during PfH. The PfH is about the next patch, but there is often a lag of a few days after the PfH before the patch is actually put out on the servers. I was just wondering if we had some official reason to believe otherwise for this one.

To be fair, I have not played the last few patches, so maybe they are faster about it now.

Last edited by dwig; 14/12/22 03:40 PM.
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Wormerine
Week before they used to post steam warning about save compatibility. I don't think we got it this time (am not on steam) but we did get early blog update in November.
We did!

I know they always describe and talk up the patch during PfH. The PfH is about the next patch, but there is often a lag of a few days after the PfH before the patch is actually put out on the servers. I was just wondering if we had some official reason to believe otherwise for this one.

To be fair, I have not played the last few patches, so maybe they are faster about it now.
As I recall, the last few patches dropped alongside the pfh. I can't find any official word stating so explicitely, though.

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard