Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
veteran
veteran
I wouldnt even call it an argue ... that imply dialogue, or at least acnowledging what other side say ...
This feels more like unsorted list of generic insults, with occasional "you dont understand anything" wihout any atempt of explanation ... often seen equivalent is small child with stuffed years yelling "lalalalalala".

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
I wouldnt even call it an argue ... that imply dialogue, or at least acnowledging what other side say ...
This feels more like unsorted list of generic insults, with occasional "you dont understand anything" wihout any atempt of explanation ... often seen equivalent is small child with stuffed years yelling "lalalalalala".

Hm I got a feeling like your initial response held some prejudgmental aspect to it. You've even confirmed it in the last part of your post. You've just misunderstood each other, but you were the first one to make assumptions. If you've made polite questions instead to fish out OP's intentions the conversation wouldn't turn into a mess, imo.

Anyway, are there items in the game right now which are bad for your taste?

Edit: it is not some sort of third party judgment by the way, just my take on the situation. My intention is to keep things civil and I feel empathy to the both of you because I've been in the same situations when there is some sort of communication barrier and one or both parties are just too tired to figure shit out

Last edited by neprostoman; 22/12/22 07:37 PM.
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by neprostoman
Why is this argue happening, even? Hm...

That's just how Ragnarok is turning each feedback/suggestion/discussion/opinion he strongly disagree with.
It's been like this for 2 years, don't worry. My mistake is that I'm not completely ignoring him.

Last edited by Maximuuus; 22/12/22 04:12 PM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
veteran
veteran
Hm I got a feeling like your initial response held some prejudgmental aspect to it.
You would need to be more specific.

If you've made polite questions instead to fish out OP's intentions the conversation wouldn't turn into a mess, imo.
Here is my question, repeated again, as polite as i can physicaly manage:
What are Larian supposed to be inspired by within this mod, please?

Im really curious about result ...

Anyway, are there items in the game right now which are bad for your taste?
Sure, several of them ...
But i dont really think that is purpose of this topic.

We can talk about things in this mod that are bad for my taste if you wish to.

one or both parties are just too tired to figure shit out
This certainly isnt the way i (and i would bet either of us) would describe it.

---

Originally Posted by Maximuuus
That's just how Ragnarok is turning each feedback/suggestion/discussion/opinion he strongly disagree with.
It's been like this for 2 years, don't worry. My mistake is that I'm not completely ignoring him.
This one is true ...
Thats just how Ragnarok is treated around here, he ask questions, is simply either told he is an idiot (switch for any insult you want, probably had them all in the past), that he dont understand anything, none of things he "didnt understand" is ever explained to him, and then he is ignored for the rest of the topic. :-/

Its ben like this for 2 years.

old hand
old hand
Well, you've been more specific yourself in the end of your initial post. Something about you getting a feeling that Maximus hates Larian based on something he wrote somewhere. Sadly, it is too time consuming for me to quote it while sitting from the phone.

About your polite question, I could take the initiative and try and answer you shortly:
1. Ideas for cool SFX
2. Simple design is better than overcomplicated
3. It is cool to develop on the existing spells that are not restricted to one class, like the goodberry hat
4. Craftable items to be more present in the end version

Those I find the most inspiring. Did you find any?

P
journeyman
journeyman
P
Once again, mods doing a better job than the main devs, before the game even comes out. This Ragnarok person seems "nice" ...

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
This one is true ...
Thats just how Ragnarok is treated around here, he ask questions, is simply either told he is an idiot (switch for any insult you want, probably had them all in the past), that he dont understand anything, none of things he "didnt understand" is ever explained to him, and then he is ignored for the rest of the topic. :-/

Its ben like this for 2 years.

Ohhhhh sweet heart hug

Man don't make me laugh. As many players here that are mostly ignoring you now... I tried A LOT to discuss with you but you don't make the slightest effort in the way you communicate.
It is perfectly ok that you disagree with me, really. But don't try to prove that my opinion about specific things in the game is wrong.

What you wrote doesn't give AT ALL the feeling that you are trying to understand the point of this thread and why I created it.
As usual you are just nitpicking as a child, quoting and analysing every sentences and words, locked into your own opinion and turning people hostile against you with your toxic attitude.
And if I had used other/more words to be clearer, you would have just added more quote/words to your hostile answer which already have 5786 words.

I really wish I could ever have a constructive discussion with you since both of us are very active on this forum for 2 years. But you should realize that you are moslty looking like a troll even if I'm sure you are not.

Last edited by Maximuuus; 22/12/22 07:39 PM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
veteran
veteran
What you wrote doesn't give AT ALL the feeling that you are trying to understand the point of this thread and why I created it.
Tell me ...
I do want to know.

Stop shiting about what who said and just answer.
Bygones be bygones, and the other stuff people say in english ... im asking: What is purpose of this topic?

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 22/12/22 07:51 PM.

addict
addict
A mystery, really, I wonder how one might figure that one out. My guess :

This MOD should inspire Larian for items !
[...]
This mod add tons of magical items to the game and most of them sounds VERY appealing to me.
They look powerfull and gorgeous ! I wish the game could have such items without mods !

There are a lot of unique and very interresting weapon skills, a ton of new feature, new effects and so on...
All these items looks appealing even if you - don't have less than 50% HP - don't dash - don't stand on a surface - don't shove - and so on!

I wish so much that Larian get inspired by this mod for items !
We would feel so much more powerfull without conditions with such items !

[...]

EDIT : Balance is not at all the purpose of this thread. Most of those items are obviously too powerfull for level 1-5.
However, here's a few to whet your appetite :[...]

[...]

Definitely a mod I will download DAY 1 if Larian don't offer us really cool, unique and rewarding magical items like that.

Those are just templates to draw inspiration from. Sometimes less is more and having a staff that just grants you a certain spell is a good enough design. It is surely better than some overcomplicated stuff like the new paladin's gloves smile
And there are a few cooler designs in the initial post as well! I absolutely love the blood blade on a sorcerer! Looks so cool and creates a narrative just by its looks

So, if that's not clear, I think that means :

OP would love is this mod were to be a source of inspiration because the items feel exiting with a bunch of cool new ideas (new effects, mechanics, skins...).
And OP is not a fan of certain restrictions of the existing items.

So, in that regard, dissecting every presented items was not very constructive. Because it was never about adding those items as is but sharing something OP found exiting and fun. Hoping Larian would be inspired and add fun and exiting items to the game.

You could dissect this one if you want. But I won't continue this senselessness after this post.

Last edited by MelivySilverRoot; 22/12/22 08:27 PM.
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
im asking: What is purpose of this topic?

Thanks to both of you for being able to read ""between the lines"" (not sure this is a proper EN expression but whatever).
I'm not going to add my touch because I'm really afraid of making another mistake. I'll leave you to deal with him if it goes wrong^^

Originally Posted by MelivySilverRoot
So, if that's not clear, I think that means :

OP would love is this mod were to be a source of inspiration because the items feel exiting with a bunch of cool new ideas (new effects, mechanics, skins...).
And OP is not a fan of certain restrictions of the existing items.

So, in that regard, dissecting every presented items was not very constructive. Because it was never about adding those items as is but sharing something OP found exiting and fun. Hoping Larian would be inspired and add fun and exiting items to the game.

You could dissect this one if you want. But I won't continue this senselessness after this post.

1. Ideas for cool SFX
2. Simple design is better than overcomplicated
3. It is cool to develop on the existing spells that are not restricted to one class, like the goodberry hat
4. Craftable items to be more present in the end version

Last edited by Maximuuus; 22/12/22 09:22 PM.

veteran
veteran
Sigh ...
Why did i even try. -_-

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Sigh ...
Why did i even try. -_-

The 2 messages I quoted answer (in large part) your question.
Don't know what else you were trying than having an answer to your question.

Last edited by Maximuuus; 22/12/22 09:53 PM.

veteran
veteran
Oh yes, you do ...
I'm not going to add my touch

But if you preffer to hide behind others, fine ...
I just expected more ... not really sure why tho. :-/

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 22/12/22 09:57 PM.

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Oh yes, you do ...
I'm not going to add my touch

But if you preffer to hide behind others, fine ...
Whatever.

Because that sums up pretty well my thoughts. I guess it was obvious considering that those answer mostly quoted what I previously wrote in this thread...
So no, I'm not going to add anything that would allow you to go off the deep end again.

Last edited by Maximuuus; 22/12/22 10:01 PM.

addict
addict
To go back on tracks, I'm really digging the look of this "Sylvan Tunic" :
[Linked Image from staticdelivery.nexusmods.com]
It's gorgeous 😍 It would fit so well an elven rogue or ranger 💚

I also like the different recolors of the sorcerer outfit. I'm not a fan of the original colors, to be honest. But this one, "Robe of Vitriol", it's a beauty (I like the color green 💚, can you tell yet?) :

But seriously, it would be nice to be able to pick the colors of outfits during the Character Creation (the armor type as well but that's another topic).

Last edited by MelivySilverRoot; 22/12/22 10:31 PM.
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by MelivySilverRoot
To go back on tracks, I'm really digging the look of this "Sylvan Tunic" :
It's gorgeous 😍 It would fit so well an elven rogue or ranger 💚

I also like the different recolors of the sorcerer outfit. I'm not a fan of the original colors, to be honest. But this one, "Robe of Vitriol", it's a beauty (I like the color green 💚, can you tell yet?) :

But seriously, it would be nice to be able to pick the colors of outfits during the Character Creation (the armor type as well but that's another topic).

Yeah I haven't shown all items in the opening post but the cloak and the robes look really appealing to me too !

HS/ I found a mod that allow to choose colors (main/second) outfits during character creation. I hope this is something we'll be able to do at release too ! It would be a great option to custom our character and a great reference to the old BG games.

Last edited by Maximuuus; 22/12/22 10:59 PM.

G
addict
addict
G
I still hold out 0.001% hope that all that Lightning Charge stuff is just EA sandbox and those items will be removed in the full game. Please.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by gaymer
I still hold out 0.001% hope that all that Lightning Charge stuff is just EA sandbox and those items will be removed in the full game. Please.
they wont cos most peopel love them. They could stop making more of them though smile

to be fair Ragnarok did have a point that most of those items do not add anything new part from how they looks but that's a diffrent topic... there sure are some cool ideas there though i really like the healing magice missle and class items only, not the effects themselfs as much. WHen it come to looks in this mod most if not all look good to me.

anyway i think we will achieve more if we post items that need fixing but that just my opinion so.. like https://baldursgate3.wiki.fextralife.com/The+Oak+Father%27s+Embrace

Like how many people use that really?

Do i really want to carry this armor with me gathering dust for half of the game just to finaly get to that undead zone that will pay off. i don't know just doesn't look like fun to me.

Instead it should be armor that makes vines around you on hit that can snare the attacking target and it could soak up small amout of damage, it could give off violet fungi and sap that decays rot the target that's attacking giving it penalty to something if they fail that save check.

Last edited by Lastman; 23/12/22 06:32 AM.
addict
addict
Looks cool, OP.

Not sure I'd want it as part of base game.

Idk, I'd prefer Larian to work on the story part of the game for now, and add item/additional stuff later (like relic of rivellon?)

Councellor Florrick's favorite Warlock.

Back Black Geyser's DLC: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/grapeocean/black-geyser-dlc-tales-of-the-moon-cult (RTwP Isometric cRPG inspired by BG1).
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by Lastman
they wont cos most peopel love them.

Not as sure as you are that there is a clear consensus about that.

Not like if the few posts I saw on the matter were up / downvoted a lot.
My guess is more that it just doesn't inspire huge reactions... (positive or negative).

https://www.reddit.com/r/BaldursGate3/comments/t1nln7/so_the_new_sparky_set_is_kind_of_ridic/
https://www.reddit.com/r/BaldursGate3/comments/suy99q/the_speedy_lightfeet/
https://www.reddit.com/r/BaldursGate3/comments/z77udf/how_does_one_get_lightning_charges/

Last edited by Maximuuus; 23/12/22 08:49 AM.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard