Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Back_Stabbath
Also it might be a bit weird when all the young and hot party members are horny for some 90-year old dude.

Don't underestimate the hotness of intelligence, wisdom and/or charisma :p

veteran
veteran
More face presets, choose starting gear, and rolling for attributes.

These are things I think wouldn't take too much extra development time. I like the idea of body types, but again, with intimate scenes, they're going to have to account for each type of height/body which means that it could get complicated very quickly.

I don't know what the other two are (bonds and flaws/custom races)

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by MelivySilverRoot
I also like the others, especially "Rolling for ability scores " (although...I would abuse it 😅)

Yep, I can’t be trusted with ability score rolling either. And given the number of hours each playthrough takes, I don’t think I could manage to force myself to just play a character with the rolls as they fell, much as I appreciate in principle the skill and interest in making the best of what you get.

But while I personally probably need the discipline imposed by point buy or standard array, I can see why folk want rolling so wouldn’t object to it being added as an option even though I’d need to try to force myself not to use it.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Boblawblah
I don't know what the other two are (bonds and flaws/custom races)

(I copied this from dndbeyond.com, it's part of the character creation in the Player's Handbook for 5e)

Bonds
Bonds might answer any of these questions: Whom do you care most about? To what place do you feel a special connection? What is your most treasured possession?

Your bonds might be tied to your class, your background, your race, or some other aspect of your character’s history or personality. You might also gain new bonds over the course of your adventures.

Flaws
Finally, choose a flaw for your character. Your character’s flaw represents some vice, compulsion, fear, or weakness—in particular, anything that someone else could exploit to bring you to ruin or cause you to act against your best interests. More significant than negative personality traits, a flaw might answer any of these questions: What enrages you? What’s the one person, concept, or event that you are terrified of? What are your vices?

stranger
stranger
What I would like to see the most, is saving and reloading the character, before starting online play, it seems like only natural to prepare the character beforehand. Or as useful import pre-defined character.

Now there are also races - more the better, goblin race could be fun, but probably not gonna happen.

Finally, just to get back old days of re-rolling endlessly - dice rolls, although I admit there is some cheese spending hours in the char-creation, all in all this feeling you were able to roll well, like above 90 or 100 is great.

veteran
veteran
Personally, I've picked :
- Body type options (the current male one is too muscular for how I would envisioned non-STR based characters, especially casters, like Gale).
- Choose starting weapons and armor (I don't normally play STR based characters but players that do should be able to pick heavy armor)
- Tasha's custom races (I just think it's better and makes more sense to me)
I picked exactly these too! smile

addict
addict
Originally Posted by The_Red_Queen
I also like the others, especially "Rolling for ability scores " (although...I would abuse it 😅)

Yep, I can’t be trusted with ability score rolling either. And given the number of hours each playthrough takes, I don’t think I could manage to force myself to just play a character with the rolls as they fell, much as I appreciate in principle the skill and interest in making the best of what you get.

But while I personally probably need the discipline imposed by point buy or standard array, I can see why folk want rolling so wouldn’t object to it being added as an option even though I’d need to try to force myself not to use it.

I rolled for stats once on a tabletop character. Sorcerer.

I had 3 18s.

My DM rejected it and made me do point buy.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Im not sure wich races are "Tasha custom" ... so maybe i should have picked that, since i really want as much races as possible ... but i presumed it was about fluid starting scores?

Yes, for instance, instead of +2 DEX and +1 INT for High elves, you can to put +3 abilities score wherever you want (max +2 per ability, max 20 total), like +2 DEX and +1 CHA.

😅 I completely confused the books and was thinking of Tabaxi and Kenku... I've only got the PHB.

Then I would like to change my vote, I would like this very much, too.

I'd like to be able to customize my character's ability scores according to the kind of character I would like to play. It does not make a lot of sense why every high elf gets a +2 DEX, for example. There have to be clumsy ones, too 🙂

B
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
B
Originally Posted by Grieg
What I would like to see the most, is saving and reloading the character, before starting online play, it seems like only natural to prepare the character beforehand. Or as useful import pre-defined character.

Now there are also races - more the better, goblin race could be fun, but probably not gonna happen.

Finally, just to get back old days of re-rolling endlessly - dice rolls, although I admit there is some cheese spending hours in the char-creation, all in all this feeling you were able to roll well, like above 90 or 100 is great.

Yes, for some reason I never got bored of re-rolling stats for hours before every Planescape run to get an 18/00 strength.

apprentice
apprentice
Face / Body type - yes 100%
But, one very important thing! -
https://ibb.co/108JxPP
https://ibb.co/m6NFr2x
https://ibb.co/X4FBShp

veteran
veteran
My priorities:
1.) rolling for stats (Character creation without rerolling for ages? IMPOSSIBLE!!! I think it took me over an hour to create my chars in BG1/2 and Solasta)
2.) more races (though having all PHB races should be the first priority here)
3.) body types (all barbarians must look like Arnie in Conan, even elfs and halflings ;-) )

groovy Prof. Dr. Dr. Mad S. Tist groovy

World leading expert of artificial stupidity.
Because there are too many people who work on artificial intelligence already :hihi:
veteran
veteran
Voted for more faces, height options, and Tasha's custom races.

B
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
B
Originally Posted by White.Kelevra
Face / Body type - yes 100%
But, one very important thing! -
https://ibb.co/108JxPP
https://ibb.co/m6NFr2x
https://ibb.co/X4FBShp

It bothers me to no end that rapiers get sheathed on your back.

enthusiast
enthusiast

So I am not the only one 😄 It would be nice if our character could wear it at the hip.

B
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
B
Originally Posted by Lyelle

So I am not the only one 😄 It would be nice if our character could wear it at the hip.

I can only guess that it's a clipping issue, but IMO it'd still look better on your hip than on your back. Like, entire armor sets have clipping issues by themselves so I don't think it'd be a big deal if rapiers/maces/longswords clipped through characters' arms a bit.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I can only guess that it's a clipping issue, but IMO it'd still look better on your hip than on your back. Like, entire armor sets have clipping issues by themselves so I don't think it'd be a big deal if rapiers/maces/longswords clipped through characters' arms a bit.

I think so, too. I don't think clipping issues can be completely avoided, and I would prefer if my bard could wear her rapier properly, even if this would mean it would clip through her arms or legs a bit.

I get why there are no scabbards etc. for weapons though, the animations for drawing a weapon would become quite complex - or the weapons would simply go through them.
It does look funny if weapons are somehow magically glued to the characters, but that is something I have learned to ignore in games 😄

addict
addict
I voted for more body types, heights, and Tasha's custom races.

Heights especially would be nice. Some characters lose their oomph if they're just head height with everyone else that exists.

Tasha's rules are a priority for me too because most of my favorite races just have absolute crap stats for my favorite classes.

G
addict
addict
G
Rolling stats, more faces, choose equipment.

I
journeyman
journeyman
I
Voted for only More Face and Starting Gears. I also want more type of voice, at least one that sounds evil or savage

apprentice
apprentice
Those are awesome. It's amazing how much personality scars can add to a face. It makes a difference between very green characters, and characters who have already seen either a bit of combat, or extensive battling.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard