Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 43 of 46 1 2 41 42 43 44 45 46
R
stranger
stranger
R
Forenote: Love the game. In beta It's in better shape than "full releases" from other titles. Keep up the good work!

OS Environment: Windows 10, manually updated before gameplay
Game state: Patch 9. Vanilla, no mods.

Issue:
Minor audio bug: On failed lockpicking attempt the lockpick sound loop doesn't terminate.
Location: Overgrown Ruins; limited to this location. Back entrance to Ruins and locked chest next to the Lich room.
User fix: Save and load the new save.

Issue:
Player state issue: Active magic effects like friends do not revert to neutral after the effect has ended in player UI. "You've been caught using forbidden magic" loop.
User fix: Long Rest. Reloading a save did not fix.

D
stranger
stranger
D
MIssing Text when interacting with the pool in the first room of the nautiloid.
Second dialogue options says 'Not Found'.

After clicking that option the following text from the narrator also says 'Not Found'.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

D
stranger
stranger
D
Tried to open the locked Wooden Trunk at the small beach next to the nautiloid.
Couldn't pick the lock although my dice role with the added bonus reached the difficulty.

Lock Difficulty: 5.
Dice Role was 1, but I had a Dexterity Bonus of +2 and a Sleight of Hand Bonus of +2. This would sum up to 5, but the bonus wasn't added to my dice roll.

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by Dyphsos
Tried to open the locked Wooden Trunk at the small beach next to the nautiloid.
Couldn't pick the lock although my dice role with the added bonus reached the difficulty.

Lock Difficulty: 5.
Dice Role was 1, but I had a Dexterity Bonus of +2 and a Sleight of Hand Bonus of +2. This would sum up to 5, but the bonus wasn't added to my dice roll.

As currently implemented, a dice roll for a skill check of 1 is an auto fail and your bonuses don’t count. Just as a roll of 20 is auto success. There’s been a lot of debate about whether it should work this way (in 5e it’s only combat rolls that it applies to, I think) and the game doesn’t make at all clear what’s happening, but it is working as currently intended.

(See, e.g. https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=836671 for further discussion on this topic.)

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
D
stranger
stranger
D
Originally Posted by The_Red_Queen
As currently implemented, a dice roll for a skill check of 1 is an auto fail and your bonuses don’t count. Just as a roll of 20 is auto success...

Oh okay, thank you, I didn't know that. Is this explained somewhere in the game and I've just missed the information?
If not, it would be great if the game tells you that a roll of 1 is an auto fail and a roll of 20 explains itself, I guess.

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by Dyphsos
As currently implemented, a dice roll for a skill check of 1 is an auto fail and your bonuses don’t count. Just as a roll of 20 is auto success...

Oh okay, thank you, I didn't know that. Is this explained somewhere in the game and I've just missed the information?
If not, it would be great if the game tells you that a roll of 1 is an auto fail and a roll of 20 explains itself, I guess.

As I mentioned the game doesn’t make it clear, though I wouldn’t swear it’s not hidden away in a tutorial topic somewhere. I agree that if this feature is kept, it needs to be better explained, perhaps with a pop up box the first time you roll a natural 1 or 20 on a skill check if you have tutorial settings on, like the ones you get in your first battle for example.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
enthusiast
enthusiast
Some door opening animations do not work properly, the gate to the druid grove does not open when I leave the grove, but I can pass right through it, and the heavy oak doors in the overgrown ruins only open a crack (though maybe this is intentional, since they are quite large and heavy).

enthusiast
enthusiast
During Shadowhearts lines after the bite scene (where she wonders whether we can get Astarion to wear a bell), the animation shows Lae'zel, not Shadowheart.

There is another thing I noticed in this dialogue: when I choose the response "Maybe later?" when Astarion asks if my Tav is looking for another nibble, the dialogue line where our Tav wants to talk about how we will feed Astarion in the future is no longer available afterwards.
Personally, I would like it if we could choose a playful "Maybe later?" response first, but then still be able to talk about his diet.

G
stranger
stranger
G
I noticed the following new major bugs in comparison to the previous version, while playing very similar storyline & same team.

- When I reload, especially from autosaves, very often Shadowheart has a couple of spells, always the same (Guiding bolt & Inflict wounds) which are no longer prepared. Icons appear in the Cleric UI, but when going in the Spellbook, there are two empty spots. When I go to re-prepare the spells, when dragging the first missing spell, the second one also re-appears. And it is always these two ones. When dragging another unprepared spell, it does not work.

- Issue with Gale storyline

The dialogue when Gale announces he will eat your best magical objects triggers only if I camp in the Underdark. Does not trigger in the Outside camp, nor in Grymforge camp. However the dialogue about this past love story still triggers.
Not urgent to solve though wink

- Issue with Shadowheart storyline

The dialogue where her hand shows some disturbing magic triggers as usual when you pick the old schoolbook in Moonheaven. But it triggers a second time when reaching the ancient forge, with exactly the same cinematic and dialogue options.

- Issue with Auntie Ethel

With good preparation, I can kill the Hag directly in the Tea House, before she has time to drink the Invisibility potion. However, in the quest journal, "Remove the Parasite --> Get help from Auntie Ethel" is still active. The marker points at the dead body of the Hag.

- Risen road, close to the skeleton couple under the bridge, there is a movable rock. But all space around is not good enough for this rock to be placed, so I cannot get what is below. I tested by bringing crates and got no problem.

- Impossible to open the door leading to the Underdark Portal in the Hag's Lair. Might not be a bug, but after careful search I found no key or such in the Lair to open the door. Also cannot open if I come from the Underdark.

Last edited by Gotrek in France; 31/12/22 01:09 PM.
old hand
old hand
Tutorial area, main demon, when you cast Tasha's hideous laughter on him, he doesn't seem to roll saves after each attack like the description says. I could be just miss understanding/misread the text.

Went to talk to Shadowheart after ship tutorial and my halfling female had no animations, her eyes just looked around and she was pretty much stiff as a board.

Last edited by fallenj; 01/01/23 11:12 PM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
Couldn't find this mentioned elsewhere, hope this is the right place for it.

After Patch 9, I ran into a problem on my Ranger playthrough where Pandirna (the Tiefling whose legs won't work, who is stuck guarding the crate) enters combat with me if I try to use a healing spell to cure her curse. If I throw a healing potion at her, it doesn't cure her curse, but her attitude towards me drops.

Not sure what I did that caused this, as I haven't had this problem before. Usually when I heal her, she's really happy about it?

Edit: Okay, this time I left her alone and went back out into the area in front of the locked room, and Eramas aggro'd on me on sight, and the game told me it was because of my 'attempt to disarm that trap.' I'm *guessing* it means the gas traps in the cave with the guardian statues? I'll try reloading to an earlier save before I did that and see if it changes things

Edit x2: Yup, looks like if I try to go into that door after rescuing the druid who was ambushed by goblins in the cave behind the grove, and disarm the two gas traps, I'm "marked" as a criminal? I have no idea why it's connected to that, particularly since there's nobody in that small space who can see me (the door leading into the druid's grove is still locked). Not sure if it qualifies as a bug or not.

Last edited by Shadowchasers; 02/01/23 02:53 AM.
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by Shadowchasers

After Patch 9, I ran into a problem on my Ranger playthrough where Pandirna (the Tiefling whose legs won't work, who is stuck guarding the crate) enters combat with me if I try to use a healing spell to cure her curse. If I throw a healing potion at her, it doesn't cure her curse, but her attitude towards me drops.

Not sure what I did that caused this, as I haven't had this problem before. Usually when I heal her, she's really happy about it?

Chucking healing potion bottles causes damage to anyone hit by the bottle, in addition to any healing effect once the bottle breaks. Not sure how new that is, as it's not something I usually do. But in addition this patch does seem to have issues with neutral NPCs becoming hostile more easily when incidentally damaged (or even debuffed) by your party, so perhaps that's it? I healed Pandirna with a spell this playthrough and she was delighted!

S
stranger
stranger
S

Chucking healing potion bottles causes damage to anyone hit by the bottle, in addition to any healing effect once the bottle breaks. Not sure how new that is, as it's not something I usually do. But in addition this patch does seem to have issues with neutral NPCs becoming hostile more easily when incidentally damaged (or even debuffed) by your party, so perhaps that's it? I healed Pandirna with a spell this playthrough and she was delighted!

As I mentioned, I tried healing her with a spell first. But some fiddling around with older saves helped me pinpoint when I offended the NPCs. Not sure how disarming the gas traps in the cave behind the druid grove got the *tieflings* angry with me, but at least I figured it out.

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
As I mentioned, I tried healing her with a spell first. But some fiddling around with older saves helped me pinpoint when I offended the NPCs. Not sure how disarming the gas traps in the cave behind the druid grove got the *tieflings* angry with me, but at least I figured it out.

Sorry, I homed in on the potion chucking bit and clearly didn't read the rest of your post carefully enough!

But it's great you've worked out what the trigger was, though extremely weird as you say. At least it sounds repeatable, which should help Larian diagnose and fix the error. It's perhaps worth using their support form to report the bug and send them your save file, if you haven't already.

G
addict
addict
G
Closed/open door animations are, yeah, not working or showing properly.

addict
addict
Reached lvl five and Gale can no longer cast chromatic orb. Rested and spells are prepared. Corb is grayed out with not saying it’s not prepared, but in wizard book it is. I suspect it’s because I may have already had the spell before level up but selected it anyway as it was an option. Before thinking about it I just chose it with fire ball…

stranger
stranger
Hi smile
It's my first time to this forum so i hope i'm posting this in the right place..

It should be noted that manual save files, do not reflect the location at which the save was made
I'll try uploading a pic of it, but if it can't been seen please let me know smile[img]https://drive.google.com/file/d/12PwVq39LsqDcnO2wD_Vh8PQVV8JkQVsc/view?usp=sharing[/img]

G
addict
addict
G
Permanent silence is back on PCs and AI even after the spell ending.

enthusiast
enthusiast
This is a very minor bug, but when I cast Speak with Dead on the dead man in the tollhouse (near Cyrel), the cinematics use the background outside, although I am still inside the room.

I appreciate it very much that Cyrel is now walking around and even leaving the room. From a role playing perspective, it makes much more sense to wait until she is gone before casting Speak with Dead. And I like that everyone now really looks as if they had been in a fight not long before.

A (belated) very happy New Year to everyone! 🍀

enthusiast
enthusiast
Before throwing a void bulb, the objects and NPCs who would be affected are no longer marked.

Page 43 of 46 1 2 41 42 43 44 45 46

Link Copied to Clipboard