Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#838523 28/12/22 03:23 PM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Lawrence Lilarcor, is an enchanted talking two handed sword in BG2.
it would be a cherished easter egg!

When asking Lilarcor about its status:

"I'd appreciate some quality time in my scabbard. Take a break... ahhhh, who am I kidding? Attack! Battle! Kill! Hee heeee...... this is what I live for!"

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Hah! Lilarcor was one of those comedy characters I expected to become profoundly irritating, but which I actually continued to love. I particularly enjoyed a Minsc/Lilarcor combo.

I’m not sure how well it would translate to BG3, but if Larian can make it work, even as a cameo if not a usable weapon, then why not?!

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
E
E
I don't feel Lilarcor, but my childhood game was NWN and I'm down to brand new talking sword.

addict
addict
I've looked it up. That sounds fun 😅 not sure it would be well accepted by the current community of BG3 but, personally, I would be ok with it...just, let's avoid making it a vital item to the story.

E
E
Originally Posted by MelivySilverRoot
I've looked it up. That sounds fun 😅 not sure it would be well accepted by the current community of BG3 but, personally, I would be ok with it...just, let's avoid making it a vital item to the story.

I was talking about Enserric (sp?) from Hordes of Underdark.

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by EstherEloise
I was talking about Enserric (sp?) from Hordes of Underdark.

Oh yes! I had to look him up as I’d forgotten him, but I sort of remember now. It’s been much longer since I played HotU than BG2. I think he was fun, too, but Lilarcor gets my vote as being a more BG-appropriate talking sword smile.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
P
P
I don't see how a talking sword would be that out of place, especially since we already have a sentient pendant.
Fun fact about that pendant too, if you play a Lathander cleric you still have to roll an investigation check to identify the symbol of your faith. The one that appears every time you channel divinity. Then again, intelligence usually is the cleric dump stat...

I would actually kind of love if the talking sword and talking pendant could have a conversation or gave extra party banter if you have both equipped.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Princeps08
I don't see how a talking sword would be that out of place, especially since we already have a sentient pendant.

Oh I forgot about that charming fella! A fair point!

old hand
old hand
Bringing back the immortal two-handed sword would have been more conclusive than Minsc and Volo together! I could well imagine "freeing" Lilarcor again from a previous owner.

veteran
veteran
Yeah, Lilacor would really be nice , even as a cameo. If it comes back as wieldable, I have the strong urge to give it to Lae'zel - I love annoying her XD

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
enthusiast
enthusiast
I had to mod Lilarcor's voice barks out, it was positively maddening. But the immunity to Charm and Confusion were great. Make no mistake though, Lilarcor is right up Larian's alley, in my opinion.

veteran
veteran
I never cared for a sword. Like the concept, didn’t find the character or its lines funny or even memorable. It was a bit like 2nd Minsc, but forgettable.

old hand
old hand
It just occurred to me that there might be some epic dialogue in a cutscene between Lilarcor and Gale:

Gale: This two-hander is so loud and annoying. It would be my pleasure to absorb it.

Lilarcor: That would suit you so well. No wonder you crazy mages can't handle swords!

Gale: Come Two-Handed, the table is set. Only the cutlery is missing.

Lilarcor: You mean your main dish, vile charlartan! How about I chop you up and throw you to the dogs!

Gale casts Protection From Magical Weapons

Lilarcor switches to Dancing Blade mode

Lae'zel: Hey Gale don't play with food!

Astarion: But that's what's so intoxicating about it.

Last edited by Lotus Noctus; 01/01/23 10:05 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard