Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 40 of 41 1 2 38 39 40 41
G
addict
addict
G
Ever-burning blade should be a natural light source for those lacking darkvision

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Madscientist
But I think there is another point: Adventurers carry lots of stuff.
When you travel a lot you may need a sleeping bag or even a tent, lots of food and water, cooking equipment and so on.
haha!

V
Van'tal
Unregistered
Van'tal
Unregistered
V
-"Really, I beg to differ"

Shad is awesome...does he do reactions?

S
stranger
stranger
S
I say it again: the exploration is subpar.

I am still disappointed with the railroading through inaccessible areas. Please give us more opportunities to climb and explore areas.
When you are told "there isn't enough space" or the like when trying to reach an area, exploring is no fun.
You really have to guess where there is a way to get through, if there is one at all.

This makes exploration more of a lottery game and very boring.
Give all objects, be they rocks, stones, trees or whatever, a climbing difficulty level and let's really explore. Especially when you offer a game with so much verticality.
Let's cut down trees to cross rivers, give us the opportunity to repair one of the broken canoes and enter the crypt in a canoe at the point of the river cave near the ladder.

Give the characters the ability to reach areas by swimming, and much more fun.

It was said at the very beginning: what you can think up, you can do.
While I understand that not everything imaginable can be implemented....
could you please make at least some essential things possible.

Last edited by siddsz; 18/12/22 09:47 PM. Reason: spelling mistake
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by vometia
UNOFFICIAL LIST OF REQUESTS, THEMES, ETC

List II: D&D rulebook

[*] Dice rolls: these should have the bonus/penalty modifier added to the value of the dice rather than subtracted to the target. Apparently this is not just a subjective matter but contradicts the D&D rules that rolling a 1 is an automatic fail no matter what.

[*] Guaranteed skill-checks: If there's literally zero chance to fail, I shouldn't need to roll.

Hello there, i dont know if that was already mentioned. But rolling a 1 on skill checks does NOT result in automatic failures. Here is the PHB reference quote:

To make an ability check, roll a d20 and add the relevant ability modifier. As with other d20 rolls, apply bonuses and penalties, and compare the total to the DC. If the total equals or exceeds the DC, the ability check is a success — the creature overcomes the challenge at hand. Otherwise, it’s a failure, which means the character or monster makes no progress toward the objective or makes progress combined with a setback determined by the DM.

in the whole text for ability checks it is not mentioned that 1 is an automatic failure or 20 a automatic success. An Ability Check can fail on a 20 if the total exceeds the DC required and the same for rolling a 1, it can succeed if the total is equal or more of the DC required.

Cheers

G
stranger
stranger
G
I have played this game for 160 hours.
Some small bug reports and suggestions for developers in patch 9.

The first is the bug with patch 9 that I encountered.

1. The double-layered shelves in some scenes seem to lack Rigidbody (usually the upper shelf), causing many items to get stuck in it and cannot be picked up, especially in Waukeen's Rest and its cellar.
2. If you steal repeatedly around certain NPCs, even if you pass the test, it may still happen that the NPC cannot communicate, and your character will be stuck if you talk with the NPC. You can only load the save again!
3. Using the priest's skills in the check of the conversation will cause the battle interface to cover the subtitles!

The following is the suggestion I would like to give

1. In Druid Grove, you choose to help Tiefling win. After they left, they left behind a lot of sundries, including sleeping bags and even important bullock carts. Hopefully future updates will modify some map scenes instead of just removing NPCs from the scene!(At least let them take the car away)
2. In UnderDark, you chose not to kill Dhourn (using a female drow), but you did not remind the wand parts that Dhourn has, and the character and his teammates will disappear afterwards, so you cannot reassemble the wand . This may not be considered a BUG, but currently if you miss it you can't get it again.

Last edited by Gehon; 27/12/22 04:12 AM.
stranger
stranger
More of an aesthetic proposition.
Is it possible to have more different art on the loading screen?)
After two years of testing, you don’t like the loading screen, and when you look at it for the thousandth time, t's enough to make one hang

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
Bug in paladin oath.
I saw how goblins tried to throw guy to spiders in the temple, and i tried to speak with them.
But, i didn't see the option, how to save this guy, and i attacked the goblins, and the system shows me, i break my oath.

apprentice
apprentice
New patch is killer. So nice after waiting a nice while. Too sleep deprived to be more clever. Nice buffs to encounters.

No other game has rewarded my low impulse control with so many glorious unintended consequences.
Z
stranger
stranger
Z
Dear Larian Studios!

So far I like your game, and in many points so far your game is one of the most correct one in details among all the games which play in Faerun. But in the character creation have some mistakes which is a little bit disturbing:
- First: the Drow (Dark-Elves) is a sub-race of the elves
- Second: the (true) High-Elf(s) is one of the less common sub-race even among the elves (mostly live in the Moonshae Isles), so it's a bit funny, (even after the "Spellplague" and the "Second Sundering") that for all of a sudden every elves and half-elves around Baldur’s Gate became a "High-Elf" (or half high-elf)
The most common elf sub-races in Faerun is the Moon-Elves (Silver-Elves) and Sun-Elves (Gold-Elves) The "High-Elf" (Eladrin) is an absolute correct "collective noun" for the Seldarine Elven Races so it's usable, but not exactly corret as sub-race from the earlier mentioned reason.
Suggested solutions:
- For the Drows: not neccessary to put under the "elf tab", just add a line(s) like this: "Drow also known as dark elves, were a dark-skinned sub-race of elves ....etc." (from the D&D guide book "Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting”) to the "race's description" and after can continue the description with the original lines.
- For the High-Elves: again don't need to put the moon-elves and sun-elves into the sub-races if you don't wish it (but personally I think it would be better), just add some additional lines to the "race's description" about the moon-elves and sun-elves, or just correct it like this: "High-Elves (Eladrin) is a collective noun of Seldarine Elf Races in Faerun, among them ....etc." and after continue with the original description.
I know, both of this isn't a "collossal or catastrophic" things, but both can be corrected without any drastic changes, just with some little "cosmetical" efforts. And if you do it, it made your game more correct and more "Faerun like" which can be a huge point for the players who know the Forgotten Realms not just from games but the hundreds of novels what already published in the Realms.

Other racial things/ideas:
So far it looks like (at least for me) the story’s main plots is around the Illithids and some of Shar's secret plots.
(tadpoles touched by Sharran "shadow magic")
- In this main story settings it's a huge opportunity if you can play as Aasimar (for example aasimar paladin/cleric of Lathander), and a colossal missed chance if you can't, especially because (from the "planetouched" races) the tieflings already have among the races. Not to speak about the memorable conversation chances between the Sharran Shadowheart and a this type of M.C.!
- The Duergars (Grey Dwarfs) already have in your game as enemies and NPC’s, but not as a playable sub-race of the dwarfs, which is I think again a huge missed opportunity because they are the other race in Faerun who hate the mind flayers equally as the Githyankis.

Other opinions/ideas:
In Faerun every "faithless" soul after death ending in the "Wall of the Faithless" so deities and religion are important even for the common folks. From this reason it would be good if the player can choose a deity in charater creation not just for clerics, but (even remain in this way) this isn't colossal problem as well.
The more bigger problem is (which connetced to this topic in a sort of) many characters and class can make some really and absolutely illogical and irrational "mistakes" in the game:
For example: in the "Temple of Jergal" (next to the wreck of the Nautiloid) the party need to do a "perception check" to recognize "Jergal's Statue". The funny and "illogical" event:
-1st time my party was M.C. Human Cleric of Kelemvor(!), Lae'zel, Astarion, Gale, perception check to recognize the statue: everybody failed except Astarion. 2nd time my party M.C. Shield Dwarf Fighter(!), Astarion, Shadowheart, Lae'zel, perception check to recognize the statue: only M.C. and Lae'zel recognized it! Which is real funny because in both case a clerics failed the recognize and in the same time the "absolutely nothing to do with it" characters can recognized it.
Other example M.C. Drow Sorcerer(!) in Underdark failing nearly every second checks (perception and others) but in the next dialogs M.C. can proudly said (conversation option [Drow]) "The Underdark is my home ..." and "This is where I belong ..." (both dialog in Myconid Colony)
So it would be so great and more logical if you flagged/make some of this checks as an "automatic success" for the connecting species/classes etc. because I think even the most riggid and strict G.M. don't force a checking throw to a "Cleric of Kelemvor (or Shar) can recognize a statue of Jergal or not" and "an Underdark Drow can recognize a "Bibberbang" mushroom".... and this ones just some examples from the many similar situations.
I know you wish to implement the "tabletop RPG" experience as correctly as you can, and that's why make every dice throw as an "equally needed" but please be logical in this cases/situations.

Thanks for your time!
Best Regards!

N
stranger
stranger
N
Electrical based spells and electrical effects. There seems to be a lack of electric dealing spells, lightning bolt (great for rebounds and tight areas) Scintilating sphere, plus the druidic call lightning. We should be experimenting with them by now, they make a big difference to gameplay. As for the electrical effect, it seems we ought to be getting some kind of secondary effect, daze perhaps, but so far electrical seems very limited.

Spellfire. If it hasn't already been considered, i'd like to see a chance to unlock Spellfire. A great potential way to be rid of the bug yet keep power. Compared to the potential power levels of other classes and opponents, plus the settings, it could fit in well and give another 'path' in the game

apprentice
apprentice
I came here to talk about SHARED INITIATIVE in multiplayer mode.

We should have the option to disable it. Usually, when three or four players act at the same time, it ends up hindering gameplay rather than making it more dynamic.

Therefore, having an option at the beginning of the game to choose between individual and shared initiative would be ideal.

stranger
stranger
Hello Larian Team,
I've been playing the beta again after a long break and now that it's getting closer to the release, I have to say a few things that are burning my mind.

I love your games and I love Baldur's Gate.
You've done a great job so far and the franchise is in the right hands.
So I hope my criticisms don't sound too harsh. Although I must admit that there are a few things that really annoy me and I just can't understand why Larian can't and or won't stick to certain genre conventions (character selection via dragging a frame, inventory).

Here we go:

Highlighting objects

There is a button to highlight manipulable objects in the game world. Unfortunately, not all objects are highlighted. This leads to moving the mouse back and forth across the screen, like in pixlehunting adventure games from the 90s.
Currently the function is nothing half and nothing whole.
The button should either highlight EVERYTHING or this function should be abolished.
I currently press the button, but I am rightly afraid of missing important items or containers. (On the bridge before the abandoned village, a chest is highlighted and the crate right next to it is not. Why? Both can contain items!)

Inventory / Items

Please excuse my harsh words, but the inventory and character sheet is one big annoyance.
I think that many problems could be solved with a common group inventory. But anyway...
- It should definitely be possible to tag multiple items to send them to camp or to another character, for example.
- It should be possible to send items to a character waiting in the camp.
- There should be a button to sell all "wares" at once.
- Each character should automatically and always have a container for potions and one for scrolls in their inventory.
These containers should NOT be inventory items that I can accidentally sell with all their contents!
- There should be a key ring where all keys are automatically collected. (So that they do not clutter up the inventory).
- When I move the mouse pointer over equipment in the inventory, it should be shown which values improve and deteriorate compared to the currently equipped item.
- Camp supplies that I have sent to the camp should not have to be laboriously taken out of the box to rest there.
- I should be able to click on a character in-game and then open his inventory.
- When I'm at camp, I should be able to select ALL my characters and open their inventory, not just the ones currently in my party.

In-game view and map

- When I double click a certain location on the overview map, the ingame view should jump there.
- I want to be able to scroll the whole map revealed so far in the ingame view and not be limited to a radius around my team.

Buying / Selling

- When buying and selling, the bonus of the best character should ALWAYS determine the price. No matter who I am buying or selling with.
Shifting all the items back and forth in the inventories before buying and selling (see above) is just EXTREMELY annoying and has no added gameplay value whatsoever.

Animations

- The animation for jumping still looks very weird and unnatural. How about one or two steps of run-up for a long jump?
- If a jump is so high that my character can hurt himself, why does he jump the same way as usual? At the moment it looks like he's wantonly hurting himself.
Perhaps if he jumps from a great height he should bend his knees at the edge, or even hang onto the edge with his hands first and then let go?

Handling

- WHY can't I drag a frame to select my characters? Like in Baldur's Gate.
- I want to select a formation in which my characters run to the next location. Like in Baldur's Gate.
- I just want the game to operate, at least in terms of characters, like ALL OTHER GAMES of this type! PLEASE! Just like in Baldur's Gate, you know!

Last edited by pipboy2000; 23/03/23 04:33 PM.
veteran
veteran
Interesting ideas ...
Except:

Originally Posted by pipboy2000
- There should be a button to sell all "wares" at once.
There is ...
Switch to barter and look at bottom left corner. wink

- It should definitely be possible to tag multiple items to send them to camp or to another character, for example.
- Camp supplies that I have sent to the camp should not have to be laboriously taken out of the box to rest there.
The problem is, that once they allow this both (or basicaly just second one), they can aswell just revert to that time when we could rest any and every time we wanted without any limitation ... bcs effectively, it would be just the same.

- I want to be able to scroll the whole map revealed so far in the ingame view and not be limited to a radius around my team.
This may be a problem, since ingame map curently contains everything on/bellow surface ... including caves, buildings, etc. :-/

- When buying and selling, the bonus of the best character should ALWAYS determine the price. No matter who I am buying or selling with.
Shifting all the items back and forth in the inventories before buying and selling (see above) is just EXTREMELY annoying and has no added gameplay value whatsoever.
While this may seem like reasonable request ... its not. :-/
Your prices are reflecting your reputation in said city ...

If your Thief (and i dont mean rogue, i mean person who is stealing no matter the class) will be caught 3 times, people will not like him ... and will not give him any discount ...
In your model, they would.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
If your Thief (and i dont mean rogue, i mean person who is stealing no matter the class) will be caught 3 times, people will not like him ... and will not give him any discount ...
In your model, they would.

Then your criminal rogue will give the magical dagger to the charismatic character right next to him in front of the merchant so the group can sell it better.
I agree with pipboy2000. The system just suck gameplay-wise no matter the ""role play"" explanations you can try to find.

If charisma is supposed to influence the pricesyes, the prices for the more charismatic characters (in a defined radius, eventually) should apply.
That would be the easiest option.

A better solution would be to have some kind of reputation system for the party that define prices for every character. You know, like in BG1 and BG2...
Or somekind of "faction" system...

No matter what, the gameplay that result the system designed in BG3 is just boring.

Last edited by Maximuuus; 24/03/23 12:25 PM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
veteran
veteran
I'm with Maximuuus and Pipboy. Think about the outcomes from a player perspective and either way it's ripe for frustration. Either players will waste their time fiddling with Larian's already lacking item management systems to make the most of the bonus, or they ignore it and are missing out on the potential bonus and are aware of the bonus they're missing out on, for no other reason than the system is poorly designed. The role play potential is severely lacking as well, since as has been pointed out, tying reputation to individual characters doesn't have the desired effect when the assumption is that the party will travel together and so will always be selling stuff together. With this current system you get a situation where a hated character can just hand off their gear to their friend while still with the rest of the party and that doesn't impact anything at all.

And if you wanna go deeper, then what makes more sense on an RP level? The party all loading up the character with the best charisma, stepping back and letting them negotiate with the merchant who witnessed all that, or having the characters together and letting the most charismatic character schmooze and do their thing as each other party member presents their items to sell?

veteran
veteran
in Bg1 and Bg2 the party leader i.e, whichever character is currently in the first [F1] slot is the one used for shopping... even if another character with higher \ lower charisma talks to the shop keeper the leaders charisma is still used

that is the way D&D should work

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
My own preference would be for the charisma of/attitude to the character with whom I open dialogue with the vendor to determine prices, rather than automatically picking the best. But once I’d opened dialogue to be able to switch and trade from other characters’ inventories without then using their charisma/attitude. I’d just handwave this as them passing stuff via the character I’d started with.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by The Red Queen
My own preference would be for the charisma of/attitude to the character with whom I open dialogue with the vendor to determine prices, rather than automatically picking the best. But once I’d opened dialogue to be able to switch and trade from other characters’ inventories without then using their charisma/attitude. I’d just handwave this as them passing stuff via the character I’d started with.
+1

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Ussnorway
in Bg1 and Bg2 the party leader i.e, whichever character is currently in the first [F1] slot is the one used for shopping... even if another character with higher \ lower charisma talks to the shop keeper the leaders charisma is still used

that is the way D&D should work

Yes exactly !
It's such a hassle to have to switch constantly things from one character to the other each time
especially, money is short for most of the early access, so we have to optimise each sale, even if it's a goblet...

Page 40 of 41 1 2 38 39 40 41

Link Copied to Clipboard