Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#658701 09/02/20 07:06 PM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hey fellow godwoken!

I've been trying to get a GM mode campaign going for a few weeks now, and am running into an interesting problem. I'm hoping someone here has had a similar experience, and can help me troubleshoot.

The bug is an infinitely loading screen when I try and load a new scene. This was first discovered when I tried to load the Character Creation scene, but it happens when I try and load any scene. The loading bar makes it about 60% of the way, then stops there. To clarify, the client is not frozen; tips at the top of the screen continue changing, but the loading bar simply never progresses.

Things I've figured out so far in trying to troubleshoot:

-The problem only occurs in games with add ons (mods). However, it does not matter WHICH mods the game has running, nor which mods the campaign was "prepared" with. If the game is loading ANY mod, I get this problem.

-The problem does not occur the first time the game is run from the Play Campaign>Create Lobby. it only happens when loading a saved game. To clarify this point, the game initially loads the saved scene with no problems. This loading error only occurs when I try and change to a different scene.

-The problem occurs regardless of if players are connected or not. I first thought it was a problem with the mods not loading correctly on a connecting client, but this error happens even if no one is connected.

-I tried booting into administrator mode just in case, and it made no difference.

-I unsubscribed and deleted all my mods, then downloaded a single map mod, and the error persisted.

-I repaired local files, but have not done a full uninstall/reinstall. I will, if someone thinks it's worth trying.

Any thoughts are very appreciated; I've been beating my head against this for awhile now.

Support
Support

Try quitting the game, restart, check the mods enabled, load the GM save, make a new named save, quit, restart, load the new save and see if that gets the level load to proceed normally.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Thanks for the reply Raze.
I tried your suggestion taking the following steps; let me know if I botched it or something

- Launched save, tried loading new scene (in this case, character creation scene). Got the infinite loading at about 60%.
- Hard reset (alt- F4), then relaunched game
- Loaded save, double checked that mods were correct using the cog button before loading.
- Saved game with a different name.
- Exited to menu, closed game, relaunched game
- Loaded new save
- Had to recheck the mod boxes this time; it didn't have any of them checked for some reason.
- Tried to load a new scene (again, character creation scene). Got the infinite loading bug at 60% again.

If you have other suggestions I'd love to hear them. Someone on the subreddit was offer a suggestion that seems to be working though. I'll leave it here for your comment, or in case anyone else comes looking for answers. He said:

Veteran gm mode dm here. It's a common problem. There a bug that gets rid of ALL the maps that aren't the first one you load into when loading a saved game. Easy fix though. All you need to do is load into PREPARE campaign first, using the same campaign your saved game is in, THEN load the saved game, and poof it's all fixed. Hope this helps!

Support
Support

I'll try reproducing this in the latest developer build, and create a bug report.

Support
Support

Did you add or remove any mods after the initial save, when this problem starts?

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I did not add or remove any mods initially (though I did both while I was troubleshooting the problem, and only by removing EVERY mod did the error go away. It also returned when I enabled a single mod, regardless of which mod I tried).

Also, I don;t know why I didn't notice it before, but when the error is going to happen, the scene thumbnails are blank. Going into Prepare Mode for the related campaign and then loading the save loads the thumbnails correctly, and does not get stuck loading. Notably, this is the case even for scenes that are not present in the Prepare Campaign mode, as they were added during play to the save.

Support
Support

I was only able to reproduce the hanging loading process by changing mods. That may be why the fix that worked for me (re-saving with the updated mod configuration) did not help you.

Can you reproduce this problem with any mod and one of the default GM campaigns? If so, how is it triggered besides saving in a scene, quitting and restarting?

Please email supportdos2@larian.com with a save where this has happened (or a Dropbox or Google drive link, etc), if possible, as well as a list of the non-Larian mod(s) used.
Each save is a folder in the '..\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition\PlayerProfiles\<ProfileName>\Savegames\GM' folder.
In Windows Explorer you can zip a file or folder by right clicking on it/them and selecting 'Send To | Compressed (zipped) Folder' (and similarly in OSX/Finder).

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Sorry for the delay, Raze. I lost track of this thread somehow.

I tried replicating the error in the Prison of Shadows campaign, and it did not occur, even with the same mods enabled and custom scenes loaded.

I'll send a copy of the save to that email now, with a list of mods used (though the error occurs even if only one mod is active, regardless of which mod).

S
stranger
stranger
S
So i know this thread is over a year old but I am actually currently going through the exact same problem, when preparing campaign I had no issues at all, started campaign with players and first scene went smoothly, ended session and loaded into to continue building onto existing save file, stuck infinitely loading into next scene, I have tried creating a default scene, loading into a scene already built during prepare, I uninstalled and reinstalled the entire game, I have changed my mod list around... Nothing works. I have no idea what i need to do to fix this

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard