Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 44 of 46 1 2 42 43 44 45 46
stranger
stranger
In the new patch, the characters have a strange perception of beams and wooden decks, on which they used to calmly walk and jump. Now almost always the jump "ignores" them, offers to jump down somewhere, or it is impossible to reach.
This bug can be most clearly seen in the Shattered Sanctuary, a locked room in the western part of the map in front of the Infernal Shrine.
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by Milly_Fires
In the new patch, the characters have a strange perception of beams and wooden decks, on which they used to calmly walk and jump. Now almost always the jump "ignores" them, offers to jump down somewhere, or it is impossible to reach.
This bug can be most clearly seen in the Shattered Sanctuary, a locked room in the western part of the map in front of the Infernal Shrine.

I felt patch 9 was worse at handling verticality, too, and that I was too often accidentally clicking on the wrong level for movement and jumps. So it’s reassuring to hear that it’s not just me and that there may actually have been a change in the game that can hopefully be fixed!

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
enthusiast
enthusiast
Using Disguise Self changes my Tav's portrait, but not the character model.

Edit: Strangely enough, Astarion's and Shadowheart's models do change. And there is a brief moment when casting the spell where we see them in their underwear 😉

Second edit: in dialogue, my Tav's model is changed. This is a weird bug 😄

Last edited by Lyelle; 10/01/23 10:13 PM.
stranger
stranger
Unsure if it's been mentioned yet

There's a bug when purchasing healing potions from a trader. When purchasing with my main character the healing potions disappear. I have been able to purchase with the other party members, but any attempts to gift the potions to my main results in them disappearing into the void again. I have only experienced this with the trader in the grove after you get the Teiflings out. Unsure about any other merchants in the game.

Forums still look like this huh
enthusiast
enthusiast
The Disguise Self bug is getting even weirder: my character model did eventually change, but the change remains even after a long rest. Since the spell should not be active any longer, I could not dispel it. I tried to cast it again and then dispel it, but my character model was still the Disguise Self model I had chosen. In dialogues, my character is her old self again, but in every other situation, it seems like I am stuck with the illusion frown

Edit: other characters are not affected, Astarion and Shadowheart both change back when the spell is either actively dispelled or subsides automatically.

Last edited by Lyelle; 11/01/23 01:29 AM.
M
stranger
stranger
M
Exsanguinated Boar, Forest X 138 Y 408 : there is no image of the dead boar when party member examines it, just the empty ground.

(v4.1.1.2084795)

Last edited by Moozure; 11/01/23 03:23 PM.
D
stranger
stranger
D
Feathers on top of the helmet of smithing are invisible for some companions.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Invisble for Gale, Lae'zel, Astarion and Shadowheart

It is visible for Wyll and the player character.

I know... non-paladins don't have a real benefit from that helmet, except the protection against critical hits, but somebody may use this helmet for style reasons. smile

D
stranger
stranger
D
All icons when looting the dead deep gnomes are weird.
These are at the pile of the dead deep gnomes in the Grymforge.

Some of those icons:

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Dyphsos
Feathers on top of the helmet of smithing are invisible for some companions.

It is visible for Wyll and the player character.
I never know there are some. laugh
SO ... its certainly invisible for Dwarf Male PC character.

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
M
stranger
stranger
M
After saving druid Holsin (spelling?) in the worgs' pen, during discussion, the druid says "let me tell you what I know" and then nothing happens; the image just stays there (not frozen, but not going on with the discussion either)... Had to click on right button to skip to the next part of the dialog, but missing at least one sentence.

Edit: this happens several times during same dialog.

Last edited by Moozure; 12/01/23 04:04 PM. Reason: added fact
M
stranger
stranger
M
Bug: In Shattered Sanctum, combat with Roah Moonglow, Yerle, and Erna: they attack the party (ranged attacks and spells) through a wall (PCs are in the next room) X 256 Y 24. They shouldn't be able to target them.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Bug: Boots of Striding are not granting immunity to Prone while concentrating on a spell.

Specifically my tiefling is concentrating on Legacy of Carnia: Flame Blade and has been knocked prone by the Backbreaker action from a warhammer and by the bulette so far.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Volo interaction.
I met him in goblin fortress, spoke to him outside. Found him inside in the cage but I was being nice and dandy with the goblins so I had convo with him but didn't release him, just left the convo after few lines.
This made him appear in my camp and without cage, but when I tried talking to him, in dialogue, he was indeed in his cage and I was only able to talk to him about freeing him, which I didn't want because I'm a fucking Lolth-sworn drow. This stopped after I went underdark, can't find Volo in my camp.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Quick question: why is it that every time I try and sell a soul coin, these noises start, and won't ever stop? Re-loading is not enough (the noise continues), unless I re-start the entire game client and THEN reload the game.

This is a bug, right? From what I see online, it's been happening since 2020.... will it ever be fixed? And... is there some lore-reason for it?

Haste helm does not display on a halfling. Both the paper doll and in game. Plain leather & metal MA helms display normally. Yes I made sure I have helmet displayed.

Last edited by BraveSirRobin; 14/01/23 04:18 PM.
M
stranger
stranger
M
I have finished the Auntie Ethel quest by killing her and saving the prisoner, but the quest isn't marked as "completed". (I pushed Auntie Ethel down the shaft, so she was killed by dropping her to 0 hp with weapons or spells... that might be the reason?)

N
stranger
stranger
N
Not sure if this has been posted here yet, too many posts to read through. Basking in Loviatar’s Love is bugged. Healing with Second Wind removes the buff. I’m not sure if other class specific self heals, like the bear hearts, do as well, but all other methods of healing do not.

Last edited by Natas013; 08/02/23 10:11 AM.
K
stranger
stranger
K
Small little issue that I found annoying. After siding with Nere and convincing him that the Absolute is a cult he remains in Grymforge. However, after a long rest if you return he's no longer there. Shadowheart says it looks like he's dead from the poison and we can take his head, but there is no body. The quest log for the Myconids also updates that all I have to do is chop it off. But there's no body and no head.

I found it annoying and it would be nice for the game to register I've spared Nere and won't be betraying him. If you must have him die off screen, as annoying as that is, at least have the body remaining there so I can finish the other quest.

Last edited by kavosplz; 15/02/23 05:37 PM.
stranger
stranger
Suddenly I Can't Do Anything

All buttons, actions and items suddenly become unresponsive. Not a game "freeze" or "crash" per se, because the game continues running with graphics, sound and even camera panning.
- Mac (Intel), Patch 9
- Frequent, persistent: happens 2 to 6 times per hour, only since Patch 9
- Totally random: happens in combat, outside combat, during dialogues, in inventory, etc.
- Quicksave also gets disabled, so progress gets lost
- Cross saves and autosaves are off

Sometimes I can move the current character around, switch characters, or go to various menus and submenus, but clicking on actions or items or trying to save the game are all unresponsive. If I can get into the Options menu, 'Quit Game' is the only option that works.

When Patch 9 for Mac was first released, this would often occur when I tried to save (or during Autosave), so I switched off Cross Saves and Autosaves about a week ago, and that stopped it from occurring during saves. Nevertheless, it still happens so often and so randomly that I need to Quicksave every couple minutes to prevent losing progress.

Obviously I get no crash report option, so I wonder how much this issue is on Larian's radar...

Last edited by shmeck; 20/02/23 05:04 AM.
stranger
stranger
NPCs don't consider a harmful spell effect like Moonbeam to be a hazard. If the effect persists after combat ends, NPCs run through the harmful effect when the party automatically "gathers." My NPCs have dropped themselves to 0 hp many times this way... NPC's do a great job of avoiding fire and other environmental hazards, so I imagine this won't be a tough bug to fix.

Last edited by shmeck; 20/02/23 05:01 AM.
Page 44 of 46 1 2 42 43 44 45 46

Link Copied to Clipboard