Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Salo Offline OP
Community Manager
OP Offline
Community Manager
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Hello everyone,

We’re entering 2023 with a new hotfix for you, taking care of several crashes, bugs, and more!

We’ve heard of tough crowds, but we think our NPCs may have taken things a little too far. Previously, if you played an instrument badly in front of them you gained the permanent cold shoulder. While this might sound like a cool pauldron, it just means they would ignore you for the rest of the game. We’ve explained stage etiquette to everyone and they should be a little more forgiving of your instrumental ineptitude. Also, Shadowheart now remembers where her artefact is.

As ever, thank you to everyone who took the time to report these issues to us.

CRASHES AND BLOCKERS
  • Fixed a crash that would occur when carrying out an action immediately after having prepared another one.
  • Fixed a crash that would occur when loading a savegame made after killing Gekh Coal while controlling one of his zombies.

MULTIPLAYER
  • You no longer get stuck in a Long Rest if you agree to go to camp as you enter a dialogue.
  • You can no longer interact with nearby objects while listening in on another player's dialogue.

GAMEPLAY
  • Playing an instrument badly in front of NPCs no longer makes them refuse to speak to you ever again.
  • Fixed projectiles looking like they materialise out of thin air when you shoot them.
  • Fixed several issues with how Dror Ragzlin and his lackeys react to crimes and other questionable business.
  • Rebalanced the Spider Companion's Entomb action to be a little weaker.

CINEMATICS
  • Fixed Shadowheart walking in the wrong direction to get the artefact from her pod on the nautiloid.
  • Fixed the background and animations for the paladins when interacting with the hag's talking door.

UI
  • Fixed several characters' portraits - including Krolla's, which showed off her hip instead of her face.
  • Fixed the placeholder icon for the Poor Performance condition.

ENGINE
  • Fixed screenshot previews not uploading to Steam Cloud, which resulted in missing savegame images when syncing on a new PC.

Salo Offline OP
Community Manager
OP Offline
Community Manager
For players on MAC OS, our team continues to work to bring you Patch 9 as soon as possible! Please keep an eye on our socials for any updates on this.

addict
addict

Last edited by avahZ Darkwood; 17/01/23 08:38 PM.
veteran
veteran
I wonder if there is any work planned about hair collors ...
I mean, its ben two patches since it was reported. :-/ Certainly would be nice to at very least know if anyone bothered to read it. :-/

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by avahZ Darkwood
yes its still very busted

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.
S
S
i was hope the new area "moon raise towers", i think this area should be the final area of stage 1, but it doesn't appear in the last patch.

still, patch 9 is the best patch includes more reasonable plots than patch 8 and improves many major and detail places.

veteran
veteran
A patch adds new content (the paladin class in patch 9s' case)

This is a HotFix... They repair bugged code but add nothing new to the game

The key point is you need to start a new game after each patch but can continue your saves after a hotfix

S
S
Originally Posted by Ussnorway
A patch adds new content (the paladin class in patch 9s' case)

This is a HotFix... They repair bugged code but add nothing new to the game

The key point is you need to start a new game after each patch but can continue your saves after a hotfix

i know. maybe "moon raise towers" will reveal too much info of the game.
acturally, i think class can be added later, the game content release further is more important laugh

patch 9 does many improvements, include boss fight strength, level 5 unlock, halsin's right manner, flaming fist consultant's clothes and so on.

Last edited by stevelin7; 18/01/23 04:04 AM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by stevelin7
patch 9 does many improvements, include boss fight strength, level 5 unlock, halsin's right manner, flaming fist consultant's clothes and so on.

it made a few code changes (we disagree about calling them "improvements") to show off how far Larian has come and prove they are on track dispite the rumors... unfortunately they did not test these changes worked before kicking them out the door in a world wide "look at us" event

i mean to call a game that won't even fire up "buggy" is like calling the ocean a bit wet

S
S

it made a few code changes (we disagree about calling them "improvements") to show off how far Larian has come and prove they are on track dispite the rumors... unfortunately they did not test these changes worked before kicking them out the door in a world wide "look at us" event

i mean to call a game that won't even fire up "buggy" is like calling the ocean a bit wet

i know your disappointment, but we only can expect august -- game release, we are hopeful to play the formal edition soon. wink

Hotkey? Hello......

STILL WAITING FOR NEW COMPANION AND CUSTOM PARTY WITHOUT MULTIPLAYER.
BECAUSE WHY FUCKING NOT???
veteran
veteran
i know your disappointment, but we only can expect august -- game release, we are hopeful to play the formal edition soon. wink
sorry my frustration is because of their lack of feedback not your enthusiasm

yes August is coming!

S
S
sorry my frustration is because of their lack of feedback not your enthusiasm

yes August is coming!
cheers smile

H
apprentice
apprentice
H
[quote=RagnarokCzD :-/ Certainly would be nice to at very least know if anyone bothered to read it. :-/[/quote]

Totally agree on that, but reading alone wouldn't be enough. Would love to get some Larian feedback on everything reported.
And would love to know if there are any plans on reverting changes made, that where not really well received.

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by Hoppa
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
:-/ Certainly would be nice to at very least know if anyone bothered to read it. :-/

Totally agree on that, but reading alone wouldn't be enough. Would love to get some Larian feedback on everything reported.
And would love to know if there are any plans on reverting changes made, that where not really well received.

I find that the Larian support team are very good about responding to feedback and bug reports I submit via their form, and will confirm whether something is a known issue or as per design. They don't comment on potential changes to systems or unreleased content but then I would expect messaging around that to be tightly controlled so I'm not surprised.

(I'm not saying that I wouldn't also appreciate more interaction with Larian on these forums, or communication from them on the future direction of the game - which hopefully we will get as release gets closer - just wanted to make sure you were aware that if there is some specific point on which you want a reply from Larian rather than fellow players, it's probably better to use their feedback or bug report forms than report here.)

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
Salo Offline OP
Community Manager
OP Offline
Community Manager
Originally Posted by The_Red_Queen
Originally Posted by Hoppa
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
:-/ Certainly would be nice to at very least know if anyone bothered to read it. :-/

I find that the Larian support team are very good about responding to feedback and bug reports I submit via their form, and will confirm whether something is a known issue or as per design. They don't comment on potential changes to systems or unreleased content but then I would expect messaging around that to be tightly controlled so I'm not surprised.

(I'm not saying that I wouldn't also appreciate more interaction with Larian on these forums, or communication from them on the future direction of the game - which hopefully we will get as release gets closer - just wanted to make sure you were aware that if there is some specific point on which you want a reply from Larian rather than fellow players, it's probably better to use their feedback or bug report forms than report here.)

Reporting any issues directly to our Support team (https://larian.com/support) is usually the fastest way to get them reported directly to the team! But we do pass on the bugs reported in the Technical & Gameplay Problems section regularly too.

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by Salo
Reporting any issues directly to our Support team (https://larian.com/support) is usually the fastest way to get them reported directly to the team! But we do pass on the bugs reported in the Technical & Gameplay Problems section regularly too.

Thanks, Salo! Good to get (re)confirmation that bugs reported here will get passed on.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
H
apprentice
apprentice
H
All right, let me rephrase: Is there any way for me to know which issues are reported and being looked into, or is it necessary for anyone experiencing any issue to report it.
You'll probably get overloaded at support then.........

veteran
veteran
Beyond posting the bug here on the forum and others confirming it's a known issue no

Tracking down a bug takes time to retry different options and see which ones do or don't effect the bug so a basic report of g something looks but don't know what happened is still helpful but less likely to be sorted quickly... On the other hand basic script bugs i.e spelling mistakes have been pointed out and still unfixed unfixed a year later

I'm sure Larian has a to do list but we have no feedback which bugs are at the top or even which are forgotten

F
journeyman
journeyman
F
Can we expect an August 2023 full release for Mac as well, or is that the PC date only?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard