Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#841780 19/01/23 04:37 PM
addict
OP Offline
addict
I'm a bit "OCD", so I don't like letting threads with the "New Post" (aka "unread") icon.
Currently, I do click on threads (to remove the "New Post" status") or click on "Mark all Read".

However, there are threads that are a bit harder to ignore sometimes (but I still prefer to ignore them).

Is there currently any way to automate ignoring certain threads that I might have missed?

If not (and I might be hoping for a lot here but), I would love if there was an option to do so.
The same way there is an option to "follow" a thread, there would be one to "ignore/block" a thread.

My own self-restrain can do the trick (usually), but that would just be that more comfortable 😅

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
That would be good!

I tend to use the "Active Threads" option to look at all new posts, which usefully gives a short preview of the content of any new messages. But there are certainly some threads I wish I could signal that I wasn't interested in and exclude from the feed.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Slightly related (or hopefully at least related enough eek), while I’d usually prefer to ignore threads than users, if I do try to use the board’s functionality to ignore a user who is posting a bunch of stuff I’m not interested in, then it seems that the text of their posts still shows up in the Active Threads/Posts feed and is only hidden when I click through to view the thread.

So given I’d tend to look at Active Threads first, the ignore functionality is pretty much useless to me. Gah!

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
addict
OP Offline
addict
Originally Posted by The_Red_Queen
Slightly related (or hopefully at least related enough eek), while I’d usually prefer to ignore threads than users, if I do try to use the board’s functionality to ignore a user who is posting a bunch of stuff I’m not interested in, then it seems that the text of their posts still shows up in the Active Threads/Posts feed and is only hidden when I click through to view the thread.

So given I’d tend to look at Active Threads first, the ignore functionality is pretty much useless to me. Gah!

+1 and yes, it's related enough haha. I actually also thought about commenting on this, recently.
Because, on top of showing up in Active Threads, posts written by ignored users still pop up as unread ("New Post" icon). I would rather not have that (visual) notification either. Just...completely ignore it.

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard