Next Thread
Print Thread
#842425 25/01/23 08:46 PM
O
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
O
So i am guessing i have to destroy that gem in order to go out of the outpost , as i watched a minotaur get burned in two shots. Found a key on a skeleton above the portcullis, but i dont know what its for?

Pretty Scary down here, i like it.

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
You can hop out of a window to the left (as you look towards the portcullis) and jump along the ledge. You might come across some petrified drow going this route. If so, save!

You can destroy the gem to get out, too.

And I keep thinking there should be some other way to turn off the beams, and that the fact that one beam strikes the altar/font thingy in front of the statue might be relevant. But if there’s something you can put in the font to turn off the beam then I’ve not worked out what. I am bracing myself to feel a right ninny when someone here points out an obvious solution that hasn’t occurred to me!

The key, I think, might open the gate/door to the right when you first enter the temple from above, but I could be wrong about that.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by OldGamer71
So i am guessing i have to destroy that gem in order to go out of the outpost , as i watched a minotaur get burned in two shots. Found a key on a skeleton above the portcullis, but i dont know what its for?

Pretty Scary down here, i like it.

The key opens the metal door on the right as you come down the stairs to the Selunite Outpost from the Shattered Sanctum Selunite Temple. There are multiple chests, some trapped, in that room.

Blackheifer
veteran
veteran
the gate has a lever just inside it which locks / unlocks it
p.s, you can also stealth past the trap as it only shots what it can "see"

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.
veteran
veteran
You can also bypass the gate by working outside around the edge to the area with petrified Drow

O
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
O
Thanks for all the answers.

old hand
old hand
For me jumping down from the wall on the far right side was the easiest way to bypass the beam cannons.

veteran
veteran
Going on a bit of a tangent here but I think...

1) The Selunite Outpost is a really cool and interesting location.

2) It would make perfect sense to take a Long Rest there, behind a locked portcullis and a magical security system that burns attackers into ash.

3) Having to teleport out of there to an unknown Underdark pocket location to rest feels very wrong.

4) Resting in the Outpost and potentially being attacked by some flying Underdark vampire bats would do wonders in making the game more immersive. You're in danger there even behind such heavy defenses.

5) Putting the gem back to re-activate the defenses would be great in addition to 4. If you forget, Minotaurs will smash the gate and storm the outpost.

Last edited by 1varangian; 31/01/23 12:08 PM.
old hand
old hand
I don't know. I returned up the ladder and rested in the temple underground in my first playthrough. Because you don't know what is in the outpost, I expected attacks.

In later playthroughs I always rested in the Underdark "camping area" on the right side in front the gate. Jumping down the wall on the right side (it's near the cannons but they don't shoot this direction) you lose about 10 to 15 hp, so you have to short-rest or rest. Immediately after this I fight the two minotaurs which are quite easy with lvl 4.

Last edited by geala; 01/02/23 07:18 AM.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard