Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
veteran
veteran
It really worries me that this is the last patch. They've been reading these comments for two years and haven't tuned Shove to a reasonable level. They haven't implemented any kind of balanced stealth system that makes sense. Throwing enemies into lava still has a 100% success rate without any Grapple checks or Attack Rolls being made. It's only overshadowed by Shove accomplishing the same as a Bonus Action. Why aren't enemies throwing small PCs into pits and rivers? Minotaurs could just fling one PC per turn into instant death without fail, because OP is so hilariously fun gameplay.

Is this really how they want their game to play? Two years is a lot of time to get the basic gameplay right.

Last edited by 1varangian; 01/02/23 08:51 PM.
P
journeyman
journeyman
P
Oh definitely, at this stage of development anyone hoping for anything not already actively being developed behind the scenes is setting themselves up for disappointment.

Almost nothing has changed since EA started in terms of the larger issues people have raised. A lot of the game has improved in terms of UI, QoL, even the writing which I am very critical of has been tweaked remarkably over EA ...

But the D&D part of the game? It's like they don't care.

GM4Him Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Yeah. I've given up on things like Day night, party of 6, more 5e, and SO much more. That's why I said I'm trying to hone in on the truly bad mechanics. Right now, the cheese is killing the game, especially stealth. As soon as you discover it, you can't undiscover it. It's there, and it is bad. My rogue is a goddess. She can't be defeated because Expertise for stealth, sit in shadows and snipe enemies.

Here's one of my "favorite" cheeses. Engage enemies with 1 character so they freeze in place and don't act because they are in combat mode. Then snipe them until they die with my expert stealth rogue who never joins combat because she is always making stealth checks and succeeding. She hits them over and over again outside of combat because she keeps winning the stealth check.

I didn't know she had the ability to cast Stop Time. Lol.

The problem with that cheese, in all seriousness, is that I have to be careful to not do it. To play fair, I have to make sure that when combat starts ALL my party has been brought into the fight. It is easy to miss that someone has not engaged and is sitting stealthed outside turn based mode. Drives me nuts. Either I'm one person short for a few rounds or I start shooting from stealth and am able to keep doing so.

Please Larian. The game is awesome, but it really won't be if you don't fix these things. You will literally kill the game if you don't change this and make it good.

veteran
veteran
Once again for those in the back
Originally Posted by 1varangian
It really worries me that this is the last patch. They've been reading these comments for two years and haven't tuned Shove to a reasonable level. They haven't implemented any kind of balanced stealth system that makes sense. Throwing enemies into lava still has a 100% success rate without any Grapple checks or Attack Rolls being made. It's only overshadowed by Shove accomplishing the same as a Bonus Action. Why aren't enemies throwing small PCs into pits and rivers? Minotaurs could just fling one PC per turn into instant death without fail, because OP is so hilariously fun gameplay.
Barbarians and the Throw Enemy action were...2 patches ago? 3?

veteran
veteran
They've been reading these comments for two years and haven't tuned Shove to a reasonable level.
Its matter of perspective isnt it?

You've been writing these comments for two years and haven't noticed that there is no sign of desire to tune Shove in any way. laugh

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
They've been reading these comments for two years and haven't tuned Shove to a reasonable level.
Its matter of perspective isnt it?

You've been writing these comments for two years and haven't noticed that there is no sign of desire to tune Shove in any way. laugh
You just can't help it, can you?

Sowing discord without any actual thoughts or content in your posts.

veteran
veteran
I gues not ...

By the ways what was your "actual thought or content" in that post i quoted? wink
Just to be clear. laugh

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
N
stranger
stranger
N
they just need to implement a search for hidden foe mechanic for enemies. last known location is already in the game, just makes enemies head towards it

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard