Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 16 1 2 12 13 14 15 16
P
addict
Online Content
addict
P
I'm not sure what you're trying to argue. I never said that ancestry in PF2 don't affect your ability scores, in fact I'm pretty sure I said the opposite of that. I understand that ancestry and race are mechanically the same thing and the ability boosts they give, thank you, I've read the core rulebook, I'm not an idiot.

Regardless, this is not the topic of the thread, and I'm done discussing this point.

T
Banned
Banned
T
Fine whatever.

I hate idea "The One D&D project" that race does not give ability.

Of Dnd pen and paper I have played example DND 3.5 and DND 5.0 and currently I play once/week DND 5.0 and we do not have any crap system races can not affect ability. which is very optional system in DND 5.0.
I am very pleased Larian does have so you can not change ability scores for races in BG3. Thank you Larian.

Last edited by Terminator2020; 24/10/22 07:40 PM.
addict
addict
PHEW! My ADD makes it SOO difficult to read all these wall’s of Text lol. Good info.

P
addict
Online Content
addict
P
I can't help but notice the conspicuous lack of a new survey, even though it's beyond the time when we were promised a new one. My guess is that there is a lot of internal restructuring going on inside both companies right now, but now I'm wondering if this is going to delay the 2024 release due to the lack of playtesting, or if there will even be a 2024 release of 5.5/6e now. Given how badly Hasbro cocked up the 30th anniversary for MTG, I'm not optimistic.

Hearing information about how the surveys were handled, or mishandled in this case, makes me sad though, I know many people who spent a lot of time and effort putting thought into their comments on the survey, in the hope at least that the information would be condensed by their info team into major points and be given to the design team as feedback, but that isn't what happened at all.

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by Piff
I … but that isn't what happened at all.

Now you’ve got me curious. What did happen instead? Feel free to tell me to go look it up, if this is something I should be able to find out myself smile.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
C
journeyman
journeyman
C
Why not make all attributes useful for every class?

A warrior with high Wisdom has Experience in combat. He doesnt falter in combat and cant be flanked.
A intelligent warrior see more opportunities and has less cooldown of special maneuvers.
A intelligent/wisdom warrior have seen a fireball in his live many times, he have better save rolls against it etc. ...
DMG wise Strentgh is the important factor but hit wise dextery can give you a bonus etc.- ...

A halfing warrior cant critical hit a large creature but is immun to swipe aoe attacks and such things.

I think a core problem is that around half or more stats are absolut garbage in comparison.

P
addict
Online Content
addict
P
iirc, it was in the back and forth from information from the DnDShorts channel, where he was talking about information from employee sources, because he had been reached out to by actual WotC employees, and there was a discussion about whether that information could be trusted or not because different employees were reporting different things (this would be WotC employees vs DnDBeyond employees, and the different teams within having different levels of influence and exposure to external products, which is normal). The raw numbers were condensed and passed along, that is not in dispute, but the comments and information that people wrote in the text boxes was not, and wasn't considered important information worth gathering or condensing. We know it was read by some people, but apparently when people on the design team asked for it specifically, they didn't have the comments.

So if you mildly disliked something, but not enough to make you actually click "dissatisfied", and then went to explain yourself in the comments, your "satisfied" was recorded, but your comments were not.

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

Ugh! That doesn’t sound ideal, no. Hopefully no info was lost and there’s the opportunity to redeem the situation.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
veteran
veteran
The raw numbers were condensed and passed along, that is not in dispute, but the comments and information that people wrote in the text boxes was not, and wasn't considered important information worth gathering or condensing. We know it was read by some people, but apparently when people on the design team asked for it specifically, they didn't have the comments.
Wasn't that debunked? I remember some post coming out later saying that "no, we actually *do* read the comments. The original leaker was wrong."

The person who originally claimed that WotC didn't read comments seems to have deleted their tweets/reddit posts.
Other tweets contradicting that person:
https://www.reddit.com/r/dndnext/comments/10fl7og/former_wotc_staff_on_the_claim_of_them_not/
https://twitter.com/winningerr/status/1615845772561612800?s=46&t=6qRIo1koAyOxNL7BYdAcDg

I suppose these other people might not be on the design team, but it largely seems like that original poster was in error...

T
Banned
Banned
T
My thoughts? Honestly? I will refuse to play DnD 5.5. It is true that DND 5.0 has as an optional rule you can change the stats in race, but that is very optional rule and up to GM. In Baldurs Gate 3 you can not change stats in race as it should be!

I can forsee that many will stick to DND 5.0 or play Pathfinder. If a GM suggest to me we will play DND 5.5 then I will refuse to play and that thought is shared by many!
I believe it is the same movement that want all races to have same stats that stand for the shit Rings of Power TV series is good that is the worst Tv serie made about an excellent lore and books.

DnD 5.5 is like DND 4.0 not good. Perhaps I can play Dnd 5,5 games in PC however to really play DND 5.5 in pen and paper onsite or distance Discord and and RollD20 no way and indeed many people will not play DnD 5.5 instead play DnD 5.0 or something else. While I complained on DND 4.0 fact is that I played over 1,5 years MMO Neverwinter Online that is Action combat, but based on DnD 4.0 version Forgotten Realms World. I eventually quit Neverwinter Online MMO due to it is TIME SINK and got bored on it.

Last edited by Terminator2020; 03/02/23 09:22 PM.
P
addict
Online Content
addict
P
It very well might have been, Judging by all the comments and links in that discussion, it's still not exactly clear, inconsistencies on both sides of the issue. It's good someone detailed the feedback gathering process, which was exactly how I expected it to run, but they also used an example from before OneDnD (and before the Hadozee scandal). The little UA surveys that WotC used to run on their own website were tiny, compared to the onednd surveys.

P
journeyman
journeyman
P
What they should have done was stop with 5.0, full rebrand simply as Dungeons & Dragons (since they own the name), subsume D&D Beyond and replace it with a modern, online, web based, table top subscription service with different packages for different settings and IPs, and a large focus on developing the interface for building modules and translating them from PNP books with a basic free campaign editor. Iterations on rules at that point are simply service updates. A marketplace for community made props and assets, modules, etc.

Missed opportunity. Nothing new for Hasbro.

Last edited by pachanj; 03/02/23 11:58 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Caparino
Then we would have to distribute our attribute points evenly across all six, making for Average Joe boring uniform uninspiring characters.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Terminator2020
My thoughts? Honestly? I will refuse to play DnD 5.5. It is true that DND 5.0 has as an optional rule you can change the stats in race, but that is very optional rule and up to GM. In Baldurs Gate 3 you can not change stats in race as it should be!

I can forsee that many will stick to DND 5.0 or play Pathfinder. If a GM suggest to me we will play DND 5.5 then I will refuse to play and that thought is shared by many!
I believe it is the same movement that want all races to have same stats that stand for the shit Rings of Power TV series is good that is the worst Tv serie made about an excellent lore and books.

DnD 5.5 is like DND 4.0 not good. Perhaps I can play Dnd 5,5 games in PC however to really play DND 5.5 in pen and paper onsite or distance Discord and and RollD20 no way and indeed many people will not play DnD 5.5 instead play DnD 5.0 or something else. While I complained on DND 4.0 fact is that I played over 1,5 years MMO Neverwinter Online that is Action combat, but based on DnD 4.0 version Forgotten Realms World. I eventually quit Neverwinter Online MMO due to it is TIME SINK and got bored on it.
Yup I also am in the mood to boycott WotC products across the board. My VTT group is moving to Pathfinder after our current 5e game ends.

C
journeyman
journeyman
C
Originally Posted by kanisatha
Then we would have to distribute our attribute points evenly across all six, making for Average Joe boring uniform uninspiring characters.

Is that not the reality now?
Warrior Strength/Dex/Constitution max and the rest is roleplay garbage.

I mean useful but not garbage or Main Stat. Like a intelligent warrior see more openings in the enemies and has more chances for disarm, Riposte as Dex based char and maybe Push the enemy as Strength based char.

I mean D&D is a Game with a GM and alot of Imagination but the System is absolut boring compared to developed Computer Games.

Elden Ring

I have Strength
I can use Bigger Swords
Bigger Swords smash small enemies better than smaller Swords

Can such a simple Gameplay not implemented in a Tabletop Game, a game without Animations and CPU/GPU limits?

Last edited by Caparino; 04/02/23 05:04 PM.
P
addict
Online Content
addict
P
Wisdom is literally one of the big three stats for the most common saving throws, and completely dumping wis means that you'll be lucky to save out of spell effects thrown at you, but sure, it's roleplay garbage.

But that's not really related to the onednd stuff, they didn't change the way ability scores affect your character, and given that they were into refining classes before WotC went quiet, it's unlikely that ability scores will get changed now.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by kanisatha

Is that not the reality now?
Warrior Strength/Dex/Constitution max and the rest is roleplay garbage.
Three is a far cry from needing good scores in all six. And in your example here I would go so far as to say: Str OR Dex + Con for a warrior.

veteran
veteran

A warrior with high Wisdom has Experience in combat. He doesnt falter in combat and cant be flanked.
A intelligent warrior see more opportunities and has less cooldown of special maneuvers.
A intelligent/wisdom warrior have seen a fireball in his live many times, he have better save rolls against it etc. ...
DMG wise Strentgh is the important factor but hit wise dextery can give you a bonus etc.- ...

A halfing warrior cant critical hit a large creature but is immun to swipe aoe attacks and such things.

I think a core problem is that around half or more stats are absolut garbage in comparison.
Making all stats useful for all classes is what I would like to see. But perhaps through feats, assuming we will get more pics.

E.g.

Combat Awareness
Pre-req 13 Wis
Can't be flanked / Resistance to Sneak Attack, +1 AC, +2 Initiative

Read Opponent
Pre-req 13 Int
Advantage to Trip, Disarm, +1 Attack bonus

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by 1varangian
Making all stats useful for all classes is what I would like to see. But perhaps through feats, assuming we will get more pics.

E.g.

Combat Awareness
Pre-req 13 Wis
Can't be flanked / Resistance to Sneak Attack, +1 AC, +2 Initiative

Read Opponent
Pre-req 13 Int
Advantage to Trip, Disarm, +1 Attack bonus
Aaaaaaand we've recreated 3.5e/Pathfinder. Let's add in combined STs for good measure: Fort ST is Str+Con, Reflex is Dex+Wis, Will is Int+Cha - this encourages you to not entirely dump a stat that governs an uncommon ST (Str, Int, and Cha).

I would like it if all stats were more useful. E.g., Fighters get more maneuvers/feats based on their Int, Wizards can maybe wear certain armors with higher Str, everyone can attempt to use spell scrolls with Charisma (Use Magic Device) skill.
It wouldn't be necessary to have a perfectly even distribution; essentially each class would then have a wider range of playstyles depending on your stats.

veteran
veteran
Combined Saving Throws would be great. Attacking 6 different ST's feels unnecessarily messy. The combos just make a lot of sense.

Page 14 of 16 1 2 12 13 14 15 16

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard