Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 30 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 29 30
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Terminator2020
Asmongold has posted like a more then 1000 youtube videos I believe and generally I have nothing against him funny leftist call him racist that is not true he is indeed white man and yes white lives matter accept that. In fact despite that one bad video I would say my opinion about Asmongold is sligthly postive though would not call me some hardcore fan of Asmongold or anything like that. Perhaps he has even deleted that old WOW post years ago but that is example of Elitism in WOW that makes no sense to me demand all have earned some special mount that would not help in any way in the WOW Raid.

I support my fellow Austinite Asmongold. No seriously, he is a good guy. I don't watch all his stuff but I do like to check in - he seems to always try to be fair-minded with most things.

Although when it comes to gaming, and Classic WoW he was pretty elitist. However, it's his guild and he can run it how he likes. If he is doing a stream with everyone on a single mount for the lolz then it fair to expect everyone that wants to be in that to do what needs to be done. Nobody is forcing them to be involved.

Blackheifer
Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
Asmongold has posted like a more then 1000 youtube videos I believe and generally I have nothing against him funny leftist call him racist that is not true he is indeed white man and yes white lives matter accept that.
I don't want to argue with you about American politics, but my general understanding is that no one questions the descriptive statement, "White Lives Matter," or "All Lives Matter." Of course lives matter, black, white, and all. People get upset because it is a counter-statement to the phrase, "Black Lives Matter," which is specifically brought up because Black people in America consistently have a lower life expectancy than other Americans due to police brutality, unequal access to health and nutrition factors, and a general lack of policy-based and economy-based support that other demographics may receive. On average, a Black American lives seven years less than most other Americans (Citing the National Institute of Health from the US Department of Health and Human Services).

Also, I'm not a leftist. I'm not even on the left. I'm just making an observation.

+1 for Asmongold though.

Remember the human (This is a forum for a video game):
T
Banned
OP Offline
Banned
T
Originally Posted by Zerubbabel
Asmongold has posted like a more then 1000 youtube videos I believe and generally I have nothing against him funny leftist call him racist that is not true he is indeed white man and yes white lives matter accept that.
I don't want to argue with you about American politics, but my general understanding is that no one questions the descriptive statement, "White Lives Matter," or "All Lives Matter." Of course lives matter, black, white, and all. People get upset because it is a counter-statement to the phrase, "Black Lives Matter," which is specifically brought up because Black people in America consistently have a lower life expectancy than other Americans due to police brutality, unequal access to health and nutrition factors, and a general lack of policy-based and economy-based support that other demographics may receive. On average, a Black American lives seven years less than most other Americans (Citing the National Institute of Health from the US Department of Health and Human Services).

Also, I'm not a leftist. I'm not even on the left. I'm just making an observation.

+1 for Asmongold though.
Personally I consider their only their leftist view that it is counter statement to black lives matter and I truly think white loves matter and I am white. It does not mean I am saying that black lives do not matter of course black lives matter.

Here is the controversy that has hit gaming industry. The new" Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® II " PC game has BANNED all American flags the only USA flag you can find in the game is a destroyed one pieces of it. That is insane! Seems parts of USA decision makers have become completely insane seriously.

I am from Europe, but of course American flag should be shown if want and Americans should be proud of their country example in sport events or any other event. Yes I know everything is not perfect in America. Here is the thing I do not think any perfect country exists in the world and it is an Utopia unrealistic dream that a perfect country would exist.
EDIT. They banned all country flags. They are insane!

Some deep thoughts that has not directly to with gaming please do not see if not interested. Please do not see spoiler if not interested in such.

The laws are very different in countries and please do not think Europe has adapted all leftist values thank you. What USA decides does not affect all Europe laws.
Denmark Europe prost. is legal, and weed is legal.
Finland, Europe my country prost. is legal, but weed is illegal.
Sweden, Europe prost. is illegal and weed is illegal.
Germany prostitution super legal prost. is even considered official work employment you pay tax as prost. and brothels area exist many indeed in Germany, minor amounts of weed possession legal, but for recreation use illegal so you can not practically use weed in front of policeman in Germany or you will get problems.
USA most states 98% if not even all USA states prost. is illegal, in most USA states if not even all by now weed is legal.

It has gone out of hand what is next? Ban USA flag in sports event because it refers to "nationalism and right wing"? I am totally against this crap of banning nation flags. Nation flag represent pride true, but that is the core in many sport events to represent your country.

Oh and Europe is Europe. I am 99%+ sure Witcher 4 will have full nudity so this does not affect necessary every gaming firm these insane new ideas. Now if Witcher 4 would have example main character a woman that is very possible theory or that you can play both man or woman, but regardless it will have lots of nudity.

Last edited by Terminator2020; 05/02/23 10:15 PM.
K
Banned
Banned
K
Originally Posted by Blackheifer
Well you must be joking, because I think you said Age of Empires 2 definitive Edition. I looked at a video, even the weapon sounds are exactly the same from AOE 1 - which came out in 1997.

Eh, never played the first one for a start. You ‘looked at a video’ and could assess from just that how original AOE 2 DE is? That’s quite a skill – how does that work btw? Sounds incredible to me. I wish I could do likewise: just google a youtube video, watch 5min of it and be completely clairvoyant about all aspects of the game’s pros and cons.

I don’t think that’s even real, though, is it?

Is this a nostalgia thing?

No, like I said, I never played any of these games ‘back in the day’ – too young still compadre. So you’re getting a ‘fresh pair of eyes’ on it – yes, it is of superior quality to the modern dross, for sure, and for all the reasons I outlined and that you conveniently skipped over.

By the way, I have it on good authority that the more you snip and argue with people in the forums, the faster the game will come out. True story!

What’s that in reference to? Just came straight out of the blue with that one…

You sound salty about something – maybe you’ll tell us all why. Was it because I don’t think BG3 is quite up to scratch?

Definitely this AOE 2 DE is a million miles ahead in terms of how it’s put together – I’m just talking straight design here. It’s so much more entertaining than BG3, and every other modern game I’ve attempted to play lately.

It’s also just my opinion.

Last edited by konmehn; 06/02/23 12:15 AM. Reason: typo
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by konmehn
By the way, I have it on good authority that the more you snip and argue with people in the forums, the faster the game will come out. True story!

What’s that in reference to? Just came straight out of the blue with that one…

You sound salty about something – maybe you’ll tell us all why. Was it because I don’t think BG3 is quite up to scratch?

Definitely this AOE 2 DE is a million miles ahead in terms of how it’s put together – I’m just talking straight design here. It’s so much more entertaining than BG3, and every other modern game I’ve attempted to play lately.

It’s also just my opinion.

This you?

Originally Posted by Warlocke
Are you okay?

Seems someone just does BG3-humour... I'd ask the same thing of you mate - because maybe you should check out a comedy act or something. It's called taking the piss??

I worry about people that can't do sarcasm.

But my bank a/c seems very happy with where my 'jokes' got me for some reason...

That's the spirit! :P

Last edited by Blackheifer; 06/02/23 02:10 AM.

Blackheifer
K
Banned
Banned
K
That's the spirit! :P

I’ve never seen anyone on an internet forum ‘move goalposts’ as fast as you dude.

I suppose that’s a skill?

Instead of addressing the content, you dig up an unrelated post…

I might be talking through my hat here, but ya may have more credibility if you actually address what people are saying to you, rather than nercro-ing posts that weren’t even directed at you to begin with…

K
Banned
Banned
K
Apologies y’all. I hadn’t properly looked over Blackheifer’s post history – if I had, I would have realised he’s a ‘chad’ who also recruits other ‘chads’ (haha) to, yeah, play baldur’s gate 3, like the absolute and utter lady-magnets that they are…

Except, eh, in Ireland – at least – you are not a ‘chad’ for being good at a video game.

No, the Irish girls don’t rate that, crazy as it might sound. You’re not an alpha male for kicking ass at BG3 in Ireland.

Yeah, it’s a tough gig over here – you’d want to have a bit more than BG3 going on for ya to be attractive to the Irish ladies.

Anyways, I was just making some mild small talk by saying AOE 2 DE is a great game – I’m not trying to be ‘elitist’ or anything. I just think it’s a very a good game, and better than BG3 by a long shot.

Last edited by konmehn; 06/02/23 02:57 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Jaysus. I don’t know which is worse…the irony of a self-proclaimed alpha male obsessively studying the history of another dude’s game forum posts to then chastise the dude in that same forum for being too obsessed with that game (and forum)…or the hair in DAI.

Hmmm. Hair in DAI wins. That hair is unforgivable and definitely destroys replay value of an otherwise ok game.

The irony just merits a wee chuckle.

veteran
veteran
[Linked Image from media.tenor.com]

K
Banned
Banned
K
Does anyone in this place like to use quotes before they unload the big accusations?

Originally Posted by timebean
the irony of a self-proclaimed alpha male

Never said that anywhere, but by all means prove me wrong…

W
veteran
veteran
W
Let’s see if anybody recommended any worthwhile games- oh God.

[Linked Image from media.tenor.com]

veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
Originally Posted by Icelyn
At least according to the leak, Dreadwolf will have better hair!😂
You dont mean Solas tho, do you? laugh

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
W
veteran
veteran
W
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD

I’m still a little confused why they chose to give him such a strange shaped head. I shave my head daily. Got a Bruce Willis receding hairline, so I say screw it and just embrace having a naked scalp. I appreciate the bald representation, but something unsettles me about his proportions. His eyes are too high or his cranium is too smushed in. It distracts me. I can’t help notice it every time I see him.

Not a big deal for me though. I am not a fan of that series (or anything else BioWare ever made post Baldur’s Gate), so I would be surprised if I play Dreadwolf.

veteran
veteran

I’m still a little confused why they chose to give him such a strange shaped head. I shave my head daily. Got a Bruce Willis receding hairline, so I say screw it and just embrace having a naked scalp. I appreciate the bald representation, but something unsettles me about his proportions. His eyes are too high or his cranium is too smushed in. It distracts me. I can’t help notice it every time I see him.

Not a big deal for me though. I am not a fan of that series (or anything else BioWare ever made post Baldur’s Gate), so I would be surprised if I play Dreadwolf.

I also noticed his odd shaped head. Not to be indelicate but he looked like a "forceps baby" - where the doctor used a bit too much pressure when extracting him and deformed his little noggin.

Definitely an "uncanny valley" feeling when looking at him.

Well I hope they do at least finish Dreadwolf - but it's not looking good for that franchise. Thanks EA - you can ruin anything.

Blackheifer
W
veteran
veteran
W

I also noticed his odd shaped head. Not to be indelicate but he looked like a "forceps baby" - where the doctor used a bit too much pressure when extracting him and deformed his little noggin.

Definitely an "uncanny valley" feeling when looking at him.

Well I hope they do at least finish Dreadwolf - but it's not looking good for that franchise. Thanks EA - you can ruin anything.

While EA does pollute everything they touch, some of the vault is also on BioWare. According to the reporting their process was always a chaotic mess and every game they made was a miracle that came together only at the very end of development, held together with prayer and duct tape. That kind of work culture is bound to catch up with a studio eventually. Now pretty much everybody who made their games so successful have left. Might not be a bad thing. Maybe they hired an awesome team of people, but it’s a total shot in the dark and I’m not holding my breath.

Last edited by Warlocke; 06/02/23 08:25 AM.
W
veteran
veteran
W
I do hope that BioWare paid attention to Final Fantasy 7 Remake. They tried to make a party based, pause and play action hybrid twice and I didn’t find either particularly fun to play. Then FF7R came out and, at least in my opinion, showed exactly how to do it.

If they decide to put their own take on that formula, I’m totally down to give them a shot, despite my usual misgivings with their games. While I appreciate a strong story, gameplay is always king for me. As long as the story isn’t isnt atrociously awful I be forgiving on a good enough story.

Last edited by Warlocke; 06/02/23 08:27 AM.
veteran
veteran

While EA does pollute everything they touch, some of the vault is also on BioWare. According to the reporting their process was also a chaotic mess and every game they made was a miracle that came together only at the very end of development, held together with prayer and duct tape. That kind of work culture is bound to catch up with a studio eventually. Now pretty much everybody who made their games so successful have left. Might not be a bad thing. Maybe they hired an awesome team of people, but it’s a total shot in the dark and I’m not holding my breath.

I think it's almost time to put Dreadworlf with VTM2:Bloodlines. Paradox is really just another version of EA. It's game design by bureaucratic fiat with corporate objectives. Bleh.

Blackheifer
veteran
veteran
Apologies y’all. I hadn’t properly looked over Blackheifer’s post history – if I had, I would have realised he’s a ‘chad’ who also recruits other ‘chads’ (haha) to, yeah, play baldur’s gate 3, like the absolute and utter lady-magnets that they are…

Except, eh, in Ireland – at least – you are not a ‘chad’ for being good at a video game.

No, the Irish girls don’t rate that, crazy as it might sound. You’re not an alpha male for kicking ass at BG3 in Ireland.

Yeah, it’s a tough gig over here – you’d want to have a bit more than BG3 going on for ya to be attractive to the Irish ladies.

Anyways, I was just making some mild small talk by saying AOE 2 DE is a great game – I’m not trying to be ‘elitist’ or anything. I just think it’s a very a good game, and better than BG3 by a long shot.

Look, for what's its worth I think AOE was a fine game and I was really just "taking the piss" as you folks say it. I am not in agreement that it is better than BG3 or even comparable on almost any metric..at all...but everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Humor, as I am sure you aware is oftentimes subjective and cross-culturally hard to translate accurately. For myself I don't really get offended by anything much - even direct insults.

Having said that I have concerns about your fixation on women - Irish women in your case - and "chads" - as its terminology I have seen elsewhere. Normally here I may keep taking the piss with you but in this case I am going to encourage you to discuss these things with someone more qualified to work with you. I would encourage you to seek a professional audience not associated with male-focused Internet forums or video game forums. I think you may have a lot to say and a lot to unpack.

This is not me joking, at all. I wish you the best and I am going to invite you not to interact further.

Blackheifer
Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
FEVER DREAM THREAD
FEVER DREAM THREAD
FEVER DREAM THREAD

Remember the human (This is a forum for a video game):
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Zerubbabel

+1 for Asmongold though.

You try to explain your correct observation partly wrong, which is no wonder when we analyse media obsession with certain incidents. I'm from Europe and I have a scientific relation to criminology, I try to see it not that ideologically. But I'm a bit angry about easy peasy explanations. Black Americans are not killed more frequently by police in relation to criminal activity than Whites, Hispanics or American Indians. So the reason for higher death rates among Blacks is not police brutality but higher involvement in crimes. The latter is by and large based in worse social living conditions and life chances (not least because of the widespread racism in the US) but also in a pathetic "bros in the hood" ideology, sadly not uncommon among Black males.

Interestingly there is clear statistical data that Black people in the US are more often bullied and beaten by police, compared to their involvement in criminal activities or per police contact, than Whites or Hispanics. So there is seemingly a racist element in police attitude towards Black people. It just does not result in more careless killings, like propagandized in mass media. Killing people is not something easily done, even if you are a racist, it has enormous repercussions to your life, that's the reason for the data. Such differentiation is of course far beyond anything many journalists are capable or willing to deal with. They love anecdotes.

Last edited by geala; 06/02/23 11:19 AM.
Page 8 of 30 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 29 30

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard