Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Hello friends!
First, i love small details that addition more immersive in game, and i know you can say "duuude just wait and instal mods" but I prefer "pure" game ( @_@ )
Second, maybe there are people who think same and we can "sign" larian :3 (you know forums...)
Thirdly, i love tieflings, in BG3 they so aweome + Larian create so many hairstyles - thanks for it! but horns (yes...maybe i ask to much)

My dream see it in realise game:

-quiver, why not?
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

-sheath + fix this back weapon.

-More personality i thinks, and looks great (sorry paint skillz)

at the end - i very love customize character in RPG, I hope like you.
(maybe we get body types....dreams)

Have nice day!

What you think?
single choice
Votes accepted starting: 19/02/23 01:11 PM
Last edited by White.Kelevra; 19/02/23 01:17 PM.
veteran
veteran
I picked no for same reason as allways ...
Simmilar suggestions were here several times, so i wont be repeating it whole and say jut this:

Personaly im all in for toggles ... we should certainly have option to pick whatever suits our aestetic needs ... bcs this is all about aestetic, i strictly refuse to accept any of that "realism" nonsence ... not in a game where hilt of a Longswords (thats the Versatile one) have length of your arm, its blade have length of your leg, and whole sword almost length of your body! laugh

So since voting is only yes, or no ... its no from me.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
S
old hand
old hand
S
Arrows being stored in the no-where mystic space is something I consider in need of fixing. However, since switching weapons is free and doesn't cost an action -- that means the quiver will teleport onto your back mid combat. It removes a problem to introduce yet another problem. Ideas?

Better weapon placement has been asked for several times. Face customization... body types is necessary, but the demands for aesthetics in the face area after a point are best left to modders.

For example, some people love modding their game so any woman looks like a 16 year old teenager, specifically. I find this off putting. Some people want Instagram worthy looks. I find this off putting. Some people want ---

On and on. Preferences are just too different. A tool that lets /you/ paint your character's face would be optimal, but is unrealistic currently frown

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Silver/
Arrows being stored in the no-where mystic space is something I consider in need of fixing. However, since switching weapons is free and doesn't cost an action -- that means the quiver will teleport onto your back mid combat. It removes a problem to introduce yet another problem. Ideas?

Here is an idea: make switching weapons have a cost. It is more immersive. It requires advance planning. It can cause discomfort if you are caught bringing a knife to a bowfight. All good to have!

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by Ikke
Here is an idea: make switching weapons have a cost. It is more immersive. It requires advance planning. It can cause discomfort if you are caught bringing a knife to a bowfight. All good to have!

See eg https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=839854 for discussion on this point.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
S
old hand
old hand
S
Originally Posted by Ikke
Originally Posted by Silver/

Yeah, that's the thing. I'm decidedly not pro action cost 😅

As to the original sentiment of "devil is in the details"...I agree. If we're carrying around numerous suits of armor, dozens of weapons, hundreds of potions, scrolls and food and crafting items...they need to either have pack mules following us around, or give us all bags of holding.

I'd personally prefer to limit what large items we can carry without a pack mule following us. Small items, fine. Maybe those potions are travel size even though they look like a glass beaker that could hold a liter or more.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard