Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by Ussnorway
Originally Posted by The Red Queen
I shall endeavour to live up to that trust and use my new powers for good rpg001
Evil is more fun and you get force lightning but gratz on becoming a mod

I’m sure being evil would be SOOOO much more fun. At least to begin with, until the locals quite rightly came with flaming torches and pitchforks to run me out of town!

But cheers for the congratulations grin.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Ignatius
Sorry, but how do the DOS items have any place in a Forgotten Realms D&D game? So, not only do we need to suffer your mechanical additions, which actually reduce options in the game. But now we need to suffer thematic additions to a D&D game from DOS. If I wanted a DOS game, I would have bought a DOS game.

Hmmm.... a fantasy game that includes multiple planes of reality AND a multiverse.... yeshhhh.... how could THAT poooooooossibly work as a believable thing in a - again - FANTASY game?!

I bet I could beat ChatGPT in coming up with 20 plausible (reality tear in the Weave, etc. etc. etc.blablabla) ways of making up a believable explanation for something like this to happen. But that's not even the point.

Incidentally, are you acquainted with the terms "gag gift" or "easter eggs"? Because THAT's the point.

veteran
veteran
Back in 90' nobody complained about Spielberg giving easter eggs to his other movies ...
(race of ET in Galactic Senate, hieroglyphs of C3PO and R2D2 in Indiana Jones temple, etc.)
Bcs we all understand its just for fun and should not be taken seriously. O_o

Now for some reason people demand absolute purity and any easter eggs to different product seems to almost insulting them ... i wonder what happened. :-/

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 26/02/23 07:50 AM.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Back in 90' nobody complained about Spielberg giving easter eggs to his other movies ...
(race of ET in Galactic Senate, hieroglyphs of C3PO and R2D2 in Indiana Jones temple, etc.)
Bcs we all understand its just for fun and should not be taken seriously. O_o

Now for some reason people demand absolute purity and any easter eggs to different product seems to almost insulting them ... i wonder what happened. :-/

Easter eggs are free content/references.
"Deluxe edition items" are items you have to pay for.

It doesn't really matter to me as I already bought 2 "deluxe edition" without knowing it (EA+collector), but I'd be more happy if my money had allowed me to have exclusive Forgotten Realms / DnD / Baldur's Gate 1-2 related content.
As a non-member of the DoS fanbase I don't particularly feel rewarded with these new items.

Last edited by Maximuuus; 26/02/23 04:28 PM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
veteran
veteran
As someone who knows basically the same amount about Rivellon and the Forgotten Realms, what would be good items for this sort of thing from the forgotten realms? Personally I would hope that any such items tied into the previous games would be freely available to find within the base game, rather than needing to be paid for.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Gray Ghost
As someone who knows basically the same amount about Rivellon and the Forgotten Realms, what would be good items for this sort of thing from the forgotten realms?

The only books I read are The Legend of Drizzt. There are already a things they could have been inspired of for the deluxe edition :
- unique companion : black panther
- unique bow/quiver : unlimited magical ammo
- unique warhammer : always come back in your hand when you throw it. It could be very cool in BG3 for str based characters !
- unique magical scimitar : cold damage to certain ennemies + fire resistant

That's only a few I have in mind but I think some other characters have some magical items too.
We may find items inspired by those in the game though.

Last edited by Maximuuus; 26/02/23 06:38 PM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Maximuuus
"Deluxe edition items" are items you have to pay for.
Or ... dont ... if you dont want them, nor care about them. O_o
As im sure many such people will be out there ...

I agree with some youtubers who comented on this ...
This "edition" seems to be just small cosmetic reward for us, who buyed the game earlier and participated in Early Acess ... and since its a token of apreciation from Larian, it makes sense it wears their collors, if you know what i mean. smile

I'd be more happy if my money had allowed me to have exclusive Forgotten Realms / DnD / Baldur's Gate 1-2 related content.
I see ...
But im not sure, if its even possible. O_o

Wouldnt that require some cooperation with BG1-2 creators? (BioWare, wasnt it?)

We may find items inspired by those in the game though.
I certainly hope so, they sounds amazing. :3
But honestly, i hope items from Deluxe edition would only provide unique skins, or non-combat effects ...

I mean items you described sounds really great!
As long as they are in game for everyone ... having to pay extra 10€ to have such items, smells like pay to win, or microtransactions ... and i think that is not reputation Larian would deserve. :-/

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 26/02/23 07:47 PM.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
veteran
veteran
I really don't think it is only for us. I guess they're going to sell a deluxe edition, which is very common now. You often have unique items in deluxe edition.

I personnaly never buy them (outside physical collector edition) but I guess having unique items is also a reason people buy them. I think only DoS fans may spend extra money specifically for those unique items, but I may be wrong and there are other content other people may be interrested by.

Last edited by Maximuuus; 27/02/23 11:52 AM.

Z
addict
addict
Z
Well i don't really care about this deluxe edition .
I already payed twice for bg3 ones in stadia ones in steam.
I am still waiting from google to get my money back.

But i am happy if they can make some more money with it.
Cuz i really really wish them to be successful with this project.
I wish they should have greater success with this game ,then anything else what they maked till now.
And i hope Swen will consider to make another dnd games in the future.

Last edited by ZOZO1006; 27/02/23 12:46 PM.
veteran
veteran
I really don't think it is only for us. I guess they're going to sell a deluxe edition, which is very common now. You often have unique items in deluxe edition.

I personnaly never buy them (outside physical collector edition) but I guess having unique items is also a reason people buy them. I think only DoS fans may spend extra money specifically for those unique items, but I may be wrong and there are other content other people may be interrested by.

I think you're doing the deluxe edition a bit of a disservice. I certainly don't tend to care about deluxe editions either but even for non DoS fans there's stuff to at least find interesting. The digital character sheets are a neat inclusion, but to me the big draws are the OST (one of the few aspects of the game I have zero problems with is the music, just gorgeous) and the digital artbook, which I'm looking forward to going through eventually. I wouldn't have paid for the deluxe edition on its own, but those two things probably make up the bulk of the value and I'd say they're probably gonna be worth paying extra for, with the other stuff just being gravy.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Gray Ghost
but even for non DoS fans there's stuff to at least find interesting.

That's what the last part of my last sentence was supposed to mean 😅 Sorry if it was unclear.

Last edited by Maximuuus; 27/02/23 01:56 PM.

S
old hand
old hand
S
I'm not a DoS fan, but I'll take it as a free gift for playing the game early lol

I don't know shit about D&D. I'd have done it anyway just to get a feel for the ruleset. And the classes.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Wormerine

Body types reconfirmed!

What do you mean with this?

Originally Posted by Icelyn
Originally Posted by MelivySilverRoot
I also like the new art cover :
[Linked Image from larian.com]
Love the new art!!!

Me too. They look so much more at life and real than before, good change of style.

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by geala
Originally Posted by Wormerine
Body types reconfirmed!

What do you mean with this?

Possibly the Body Type selector shown in the below, and in the same screen flashed up in the trailer?

Originally Posted by Salo
[Linked Image from cdn.cloudflare.steamstatic.com]

We only see a body type 1 (which seems to be the EA female body type) and 2 (existing male type?) but it doesn’t seem a huge stretch to imagine that there might also be types 3 and 4, or even more. Here’s hoping!

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
S
old hand
old hand
S
If they don't, I am so going to download a mod and steal daddy Halsin to be my half druid/half barbarian player character 3

Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
Game: Baldur's Gate
Release Date: Baldur's Date
Metacritic Reactions: Baldur's Great
Negative Reviews: Baldur's Hate
Game Gets Delayed: Baldur's Late
Final Additions to the Game: Baldur's Fate
Game Gets Further Delayed: Baldur's Wait
Collector's Edition: Baldur's Crate

Remember the human (This is a forum for a video game):
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by Zerubbabel
Baldur's …

hahaha up

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Silver/
If they don't, I am so going to download a mod and steal daddy Halsin to be my half druid/half barbarian player character 3

And I want a skinnier type with less muscles for my Barbarian. Who needs muscles if you have Frenzy? groovy

Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
Next update better be called "Baldur's State"

Remember the human (This is a forum for a video game):
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Zerubbabel
Game: Baldur's Gate
Release Date: Baldur's Date
Metacritic Reactions: Baldur's Great
Negative Reviews: Baldur's Hate
Game Gets Delayed: Baldur's Late
Final Additions to the Game: Baldur's Fate
Game Gets Further Delayed: Baldur's Wait
Collector's Edition: Baldur's Crate

Your friend who's multi-ing with you : Baldur's Mate
That other friend of yours who said he'd buy the game but didn't : Baldur's Bait

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard