Next Thread
Print Thread
#845419 24/02/23 06:34 PM
A
addict
OP Offline
addict
A
Currently in Druid Grove and notice GPU usage is around 40%. I'm using RTX 3090. CPU usage aren't high as well so no bottlenecks.
Tried both Vulkan and Directx11 they are both same low GPU usage with low FPS around 60. It can dip below 60FPS occasionally.

Testing Cyberpunk 2077 i have over 90 FPS with 99% GPU usage. Same with God of War.

Last edited by Archaven; 24/02/23 06:37 PM.
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
We clearly have different expectations, as 60 FPS sounds pretty damn good to me! Especially as game performance won’t be optimised yet.

That said, that your resources aren’t being fully utilised does raise questions. There is a frame rate cap setting in video options, though I suspect it’s off by default?

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
old hand
old hand
I would expect better results from dx11 with that card but yes 60 frames (with no battles going on) is fine

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.
A
addict
OP Offline
addict
A
WIth 60FPS i still experience occasional stuttering. It's not consistently 60FPS and it occasionally dips below around 42. just performed a test while moving the camera the FPS drops to 39FPS with just 31% GPU utilization.

They have already been 3 years in EA for first Act and yet performance won't be optimized yet? Sure i bite it. Hope Larian see this and fixes this upon release. PS. testing is without frame cap and v-sycn disabled.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by Archaven; 25/02/23 03:14 AM.
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by Archaven
They have already been 3 years in EA for first Act and yet performance won't be optimized yet? Sure i bite it.

I confess that’s a guess on my part. I am assuming that while there is some performance tuning in the course of development when degradation is observed, given that things are changing all the time the real effort in making the game run as smoothly as possible happens towards the end when the game functionality has largely stabilised. Why would you spend time and effort optimising something that might change significantly before release?

I’ll admit that might just be an old-fashioned perspective on the development cycle, though, and for all I know Larian may have an approach and the tools to support it that iteratively performance optimises for each release!

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
A
addict
OP Offline
addict
A
genuinely wondering if you have performance issues yourself. what GPU you used? yeah i sure hope that they spent nothing in optimizing the game at all on EA and just want going to that optimization for the whole game instead of EA. still few months to go before release, i hope Larian now spend their time in "optimization". content should have been completed and if the amount the time they have now is on polishing and optimization then it's good to go.

these optimization issues seems present in the past 3 years. a quick google it's the same issue.

C
journeyman
journeyman
C
I fear that no optimization will solve your issue. I give high propability that you have something fishy going on on your own system.

Some obvious reasons come to mind.
1. Bottlenecking somewhere else heavily
2. Some kind of li its set to this game. V-sync vs monitor max hz setting limits, fps limit, GPU limits of all kinds.
3. Some kind of setting corruption.

I propably would start from 3. and partly 2. By doing full manual cleanup of settings (which uninstall does not do)
If new install with totally cleared setting does not help I would proceed to examine my own system carefully.

Nvidia 3080 set to use 4k resolution and ultra settings and vulkan is 100% of time at 100% GPU load.

Last edited by Cirrus550; 28/02/23 05:34 PM.

We are all heroes, you and Boo and I! Hamsters and rangers everywhere, rejoice!
old hand
old hand
Larian spent their time getting GeForce and PlayStation , with Xbox (and Monk) still to come... Optimisation of frames is something you do months after release or it's pointless guys

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.
D
stranger
stranger
D
Ryzen 7 5800X
NVIDIA RTX 3080
32GB RAM
Game installed on NVME

When I zoom in FPS drop to around 20!
Worst so far in the blighted village. The game seems to have massive problems with height/levels.

Otherwise the game is nearly perfect: a hybrid of DnD5 and Divinity Original Sin 2.
The GUI is clunky at some times and I managed to get "jump" removed from my main "tab" and only can use it now in Bonus Action Tab - but the quests, the fights, the inclusion of your surroundings - its awesome :)

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by DailyLama
The GUI is clunky at some times and I managed to get "jump" removed from my main "tab" and only can use it now in Bonus Action Tab - but the quests, the fights, the inclusion of your surroundings - its awesome smile

If the jump button disappeared, all you need to do is open your character sheet and go to the spell list.

You should see the jump action in your spellbound.

Drag it down to your action bar

Last edited by Aurimas_IGL; 15/03/23 03:42 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
I'm sure Larian is optimizing the game as I write this.

However, in terms of performance, I've had different experiences on different machines.

The best way I've found to run the game on weaker PCs is to cap the FPS in the video card software and turn off some texture settings.

Even the best computer in my party (i7-11th, rtx3070, 32gb) is struggling without removing some features directly in the video card software instead of the in-game settings.

On the other hand, our worst machine can run the game with graphics similar to PlayStation 2 using the settings within the GPU.

When we play multiplayer, the host can handle the bad performance, if they have a better computer.

W
apprentice
apprentice
W
Getting 90 to 120 fps (I capped it at 120) CPU utilisation is 18 to 25%… GPU is currently around 32% 4k (on a 32" monitor) Generally it is stable, but occasionally there are drops of 20 to 30 fps for no apparent reason, on Windows 11 using NVIDIA driver 531.41. Considering it is a beta build, I think the game looks and runs great with HDR and maxed settings, so I can't wait for full release… No real issues.

Last edited by Wompoo; 27/03/23 12:11 AM. Reason: more accurate fps

Link Copied to Clipboard