Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#844680 16/02/23 11:36 AM
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Here now follow step by step over the entire Goblin Camp Arc several dozens of screenshots to inconsistencies:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
When we meet with Guard Olak at the Goblin Outpost, he mentions the Duke's kidnapping, but it bothers me that we can't ask any follow-up questions about the Duke in the course of the conversation...

"Nicht in Ordnung." = better than the current Anglicism. "Nicht gerecht." would also be possible, but I highly doubt that a fierce Goblin would even use such a wording.

Female Version = "Schreiberin"

Grat the Trader is floating...

Gribbo & Krolla lack their Brawler ("Schlägerin") designations.

Male Warrior Sul with female designation.

Last edited by Lotus Noctus; 16/02/23 04:15 PM.
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Too many space bars?

If you are caught by Devout Mezzka trying to poison the Gobbos, then there may be a dialogue with [Detect Thoughts]. I can't remember if the screenshot with the blue highlighted text is part of that. Anyway, Devout Mezzka has a cut off answer dialogue...

If you confront Tracker Grikka with a Dwarf, you can react accordingly to the grilled Dwarf. His remains are hanging on a spit over a "campfire", but the translation unfavorably speaks of a pit = "Grube". "Weg da vom Lagerfeuer. Jetzt!" would be the clearer translation.

"[...] miesen Fresse [...]." & "[...] Hornfresse." = better than the current Gallicism. A somewhat coarser language is a prerequisite for Gobbos anyway.

One of the three Goblin kids asked us to kick a Dead Adventurer, who by the way is actually dressed like bandits (with bandana or neckerchief?) and doesn't look like adventurers, in the "chew". But the cutscene only shows us kicking him in the shoulder or side....

Last edited by Lotus Noctus; 17/02/23 03:34 PM.
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Why are the Improvised Drumstick and the Improvised Ladle not usable for improvised melee combat...?

The Ogre speaks all about music and dancing, but when I try to make the Ogre dance or at least to distract him with a Bard, unfortunately nothing happens... It would be nice if you could distract Ogres, and especially this Ogre, with the bard music, like we can do with other NPCs.

In the complete Shattered Sanctum there are standfire bowls to light, but the fire is everytime displayed at the bottom instead of at the top...

If we are captured by Priestess Gutt and then free ourselves from the chains, but do not touch the cell door, Priestess Gutt and Polma become immediately hostile.... On the screenshots you can see that as soon as I get near the cell door, the NPCs become hostile. I would understand this if I lockpicked or opened the cell door... This way it is simply overdone...

Last edited by Lotus Noctus; 16/02/23 01:48 PM.
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
When interacting with the War Drums, there is an option to destroy them, but if you select this option, nothing happens afterwards. The drums remain intact.

Please use if possible High German pronunciation and not regional German: It is "der" and here "[...]den Schlamassel[...]". https://der-die-das-train.com/de/Schlamassel Alternatively, use "das Dilemma" or "die Misslichkeit".

The plural as well as in general the correct term must be researched here again in the English original and then accordingly in the German and adapted. According to this explanation: https://rpg.stackexchange.com/quest...the-term-for-any-member-of-the-zhentarim --> Zarys and her fellows are Zhentilar?

Polma is a female Ogre Bodyguard with a male ogre voice...

Clip, clip at the Spider Pit. (Clipping) - My MCs arachnophobia was too big. grin

Last edited by Lotus Noctus; 16/02/23 03:45 PM.
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Only objects "quietschen" (doors, rubber ducks, car tires) and living beings, on the other hand, "quieken" (animals, torture victims). Therefore, the correct translation for Warlock Gurk (referring to Liam) and the Gobbo Kids (who act with animal cruelty against Halsin as a cave bear) must be "Gequieke", "gequiekt" and "quieken" in German.

Missing translation...

More common emphasis: "Wenn der Träger beim Kampf im Wasser[...]".

Branding Smite is available for both melee and ranged combat, but the skill icon is cumbersome. For example, I only use throwing weapons on my Barbarian and only wanted melee combat icons in my hotbar. The BM maneuvers are a more flexible example here. There I can choose the icons for the hotbar. The current Branding Smite icon with the selection category I would find much better, for example, with all the caster classes, because otherwise the hotbar is crowded very quickly.

Last edited by Lotus Noctus; 17/02/23 07:51 PM.
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
"Behausung" is more appropriate here. The other paraphrase is a technical word from road construction and seems out of place: Enclosures (Einhausungen) are the complete or extensive modification of disturbing emission sources or against hazards from the terrain environment. They can refer to stationary machinery, production facilities or traffic routes.

No one says this at the end of the sentence in practical use in German. Either "Ihr geht Eures Weges, ich meinen." or another good and more prompting emphasize would be "Ihr werdet Eures Weges gehen und ich gehe meinen eigenen Weg."

Unreachable items in our camp on the altar.

Unification of the book title with the salutation in the book. So either "Verehrter Elminster" or "Wertester Elminster". Furthermore it should be read: "[...]da ich unter einigem Druck stehe[...]".

Last edited by Lotus Noctus; 17/02/23 07:53 PM.
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Torturer Spike was translated only half-heartedly. All sources still need to be translated accordingly as (Folterer) "Zacke".

Here please replace the Anglicism Champion with "Held" according to Wyll's Folk Hero background and translate.

Sazza reward with delayed dialogue breaks the immersion... When you save Sazza from Minthara and thus complete her questline, you get the Assassin's Touch in a selection window, but curiously during the dialogue with Minthara. Sazza then walks to the central room near Priestess Gutt and the other Goblins. At the first follow-up dialogue, she suddenly says, "Here. That's all I have. I'm not trying to kill you again, really." Actually, after this sentence, the reward window should appear...

Last edited by Lotus Noctus; 17/02/23 05:26 AM.
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Minthara is incorrectly referred to as Madam(e) in German. Apart from the unfavorable Gallicism, the actual translation is totally wrong here anyway. The English original speaks of "Mistress" to emphasize the hierarical structure (masters / mistresses and subordinates). Therefore, the German translation must be "Herrin" Minthara.

Similarly, by the way, for Brawler Krolla and Volo, the context with lady ("Dame") is more appropriate. However, here the Gallicism should be replaced by the German equivalent "Dame". (No screenshots - memory protocol.)

Last edited by Lotus Noctus; 17/02/23 04:45 PM.
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
The hidden treasure behind the waterfall, which Sazza mistakenly ascribes to Dror Ragzlins, belongs to Tracker Klagga. This can be concluded from his love letters that can be found there. Besides, Boss Ragzlins has his own Goblin treasure right above his throne chair.

Last edited by Lotus Noctus; 19/02/23 08:18 AM.
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Context Chaos destroys whole immersion: The dialogues and information seem to have been originally designed for Brian the Dwarf. The fact is Piltred the Warbler makes no sense here. The Dwarf Brian should be retained, since the other sources all mention him. Brian and Liam are members of Aradin's adventure party and Brian had the map / poem to the temple...

Last edited by Lotus Noctus; 17/02/23 05:46 PM.
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
The correct translation for "[...] den Ställen [...]" & "[...] den pens [...]" (missing translation at all form the Rancid Note) is called "den Gehegen". In addition, the regional German should again be replaced by standard High German pronunciation, the word "wo" is thus superfluous and should be removed. In "Namen" the "n" is too much. It must only read "Name".

The plural form of Worg should be aligned. In some places it is translated into German as "Worge" (no screenshot). Here shown at the screenshot the belittling diminutive form is emphasized with "s" (Worgies - yellow marked text). Better would probably be the normal plural form "Worgs" and the belittling diminutive plural form "Worgies".

Follow-up dialogue with Sazza after talking with Minthara - missing translation.

Dialogue with the Owlbear Cub - his mother can't be captured (gefangen) bcs we killed her...

Warrior Plig is standing instead of sitting...

Missing translation...

Last edited by Lotus Noctus; 17/02/23 08:39 PM.
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
When Dror Razglins questions the Dead Mind Flayer, the cutscene shows nothing but crap. I also have no idea why my eyes are glowing green, since the Hobgoblin is doing the Speak with Dead and not me. Further information: The Mysterious Artifact was in my possession at the time.

Last edited by Lotus Noctus; 20/02/23 02:29 PM.
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Kagran's statement is very confusing and contextually unclear. He speaks of a foreigner in Faerûn. We know that the Illithids are not from Faerûn, and here his statement would fit, bcs we all are in Dror Razglins room with the dead Mind Flayer. BUT both dialogues for the female and male form are shown with my Bard, which means the statement refers to our character. But Humans, Elves, Dwarves etc. pp. are very much part of Faerûn. What shall Kagran express here? Pls clarify.

I believe this was the second dream scene at camp. I can choose the following answer: "I am not fighting you. The parasite does." The dream visitor's response is then: Ah.... you are not aware of this, are you? An animal part of you is fighting back. --> This denial sounds totally contradictory. I have answered nevertheless before that I am, so to speak, quite clearly conscious that not I, but the parasite fights the dream visitor? What should I not be aware of here? Pls clarify.

The dead Elf near Halsins cell - I noticed that some NPCs don't have subspecies in their description... Intendet?

If you refuse Volo's treatment, steal his Ersatz Eye and interact with it you will be cursed. It is unclear how exactly, since one still had both healthy eyes...

Last edited by Lotus Noctus; 17/02/23 08:32 PM.
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
If his store is closed, as he says himself. Then why is there still the icon to open it?

Unstable Geodata. You run up the stairs and then fall through the map into the spider pit...

It must read "Von der Festung aus [...]".

Missing space.

If we destroy the bridge while the Zurga was on it and she dies falling into the chasm, no XP are granted. I dunno if intendet. Further information: Just before Zurga actually falls, a window pops up from her, asking why we are committing property damage or an attack, but it disappears just as quickly as it popped up, because Zurga herself dies falling into the chasm.

If we destroy the bridge before the dialogue with Rozzak and Minthara, then afterwards you can't follow them on their recruitment walk and they simply disappear from this area. It would have been more authentic if Rozzak jumped over the chasm and Minthara also or, for example, used a Misty Step spell.

Last edited by Lotus Noctus; 17/02/23 09:04 PM.
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
If we use a Misty Step spell scroll in the Goblin Camp, the weird hair discoloration bug occurs again. My female Bards hair turned partially blonde as a result. Normally she has Raven Black hair with Midnight Highlight color.

If we intimidate Tracker Kirz, she tells her mates, that we are ok. But at the follow-up dialogue she mentioneds her Goblin-Veteran Crusher and that he will deal with the cowards (no screenshot). This kind of behaviour is not fitting. She should bow and scrape to us.

It's a "Silbertablett".

Clipping...

Major blunder of the narrator - During the initiating dialogue with Minthara he spoilers that the Mysterious Artifact is a Gith-Artifact. At this point, we've only been in possession of the artifact for a short time, but we don't know anything about it yet. Suddenly, during this conversation, the narrator blurts out this information. -.-

Last edited by Lotus Noctus; 17/02/23 10:17 PM.
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Ok, in this room (next to the Worg Pens with Halsin) you can loot all the sarcophagi except this one not.... But you can push the lid aside to get to the skeleton and loot it. So the description partially fits, but it is confusing. I think many people won't loot the sarcophagus at all.... I would remove the description entirely so that people are more encouraged to "try" to get to the loot, and not inadvertently assume a general impossibility...

If we refuse to be castigated by Abdirak in the follow-up dialogue, the reactions of my party members still take place, although nothing happened at all. The reactions should only occur in the case of actual castigation.

If you also buy Loviatar's Scourge from Abdirak in the follow-up dialogue and give it to a bystander in the inventory. Then Abdirak walks to the party member in question and retrieves it. Besides the pointless loss of gold, the question arises why he doesn't use the Ritual Dagger or Ritual Axe instead. (With the axe then accordingly the blunt end... I myself also use axes with non-lethal attacks, so it wouldn't be a contradiction for the scene).

It should read "Wir erfuhren [...]".

Last edited by Lotus Noctus; 19/02/23 11:42 AM.
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Lae'zel is female hence it should be read: "Die Githyanki Lae'zel, die uns[...]"

[...] ihr Leben zu verschonen."

Sazza's meeting explicitly refers to Minthara and Minthara is female, so it must read in each case: "[...] einer Drow [...]" & "[...] diese Drow [...]", Comma setting: "[...] der Wahren Seele, der Drow, vorzustellen."

"[...] aus dem Hain entkommen."

"[...] Wir müssen [...]"

The Owlbear Cub shows up at our camp and you can feed it two ways. If you don't want to throw the food but give it to it and you have selected the corresponding dialogue option, nothing happens. You can start the dialogue from the beginning and use other dialogue options, but they all lead to the same result (the Owlbear Cub steps on a branch, gets scared and runs away)... This loop probably shouldn't be.

In the text outlined in blue, it appears that we have given Mol the idol and we are waiting for our cut of the proceeds in Baldur's Gate. In the text outlined in red (appears when we defend the Druid's Grove against Minthara), the quest is shown as failed, suggesting that we supposedly did not manage to organize Mol the idol in time...). Pls dissolve the contradiction.

Here you can see an oversized cooking pot. Why? Should this be a kettle with hot oil to be tipped from the siege wall? This should be better represented. It looks strange.

A milk can mistakenly called a cooking pot. It shoud be called "Milchkanne".

Last edited by Lotus Noctus; 20/02/23 04:17 PM.
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Here it must read "Es gibt keinerlei [...]" and "[...] bestätigt [...]".

Instead of Gallicism, "Spelunke" (more shady) or "Freudenhaus" (brothel) would be a good euphemism for the Blushing Mermaid here, depending on your emphasize or simply summed as "[...] diese Vergnügungsstätte [...]".

The wooden training weapons are clipping.

It must be read "[...] hier unten?"

Last edited by Lotus Noctus; 21/02/23 06:30 AM.
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Unification with the name in the book title with the name of the protagonist in the book --> Boing vs. Bumpo!

Missing articles. It should be read: "[...] von der Vettel [...]" and "[...] wie die Vettel [...]".

When defending the Druid Grove, you cannot enter its inner area where the Druids are entrenched. But if you enter the inner area via the secret path in the Underground Passage, then a) Rath, Silver and Arron are hostile and b) all other druids are completely missing. Here a) all druids should have been present and b) not necessarily immediately hostile, but maybe just surprised... This approach seems unfinished...

Last edited by Lotus Noctus; 21/02/23 03:19 PM.
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
When switching from the inner dwelling of the Druid Grove to the camp, sometimes this display error appears in the storage boxes.

Most of the Gilded Chests weigh 20 pounds and have a value of 1 gold. Some others only 5 pound by a value of 42 gold and I think that's way better. Please unify.

The Find Doni Quest cannot be completed. I find Doni and when I talk to Rikka, the quest does not update.

The English original here talks about slitting his throat. Censorship? If not it should be read: "Jetzt schlitz ihm die Kehle auf und öffne das Tor!"

Last edited by Lotus Noctus; 21/02/23 03:19 PM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard