Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#845784 27/02/23 10:13 AM
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Here now follow step by step over the entire Underdark Arc several dozens of screenshots to inconsistencies:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Spacing - I think the text is too long here. Anyway, it should read "[...] Treffer zufügen".

Near the Zhentarim elevator is a fish barrel that the description mistakenly shows a chest. Here, too, I agree with the many reports of the others: If you use the Zhentarim elevator and get too close to the Zhentarim, they become hostile. Perhaps this can be revised so that you gain access as a "Friend of the Family" and the Zhentarim remain friendly.

This nightshade glowing plant stops glowing as soon as you pick it, but if you leave the area and re-enter, it glows again, but can no longer be picked. Is that how it is supposed to be?

Missing translations...

Correctly it should read: "((*Steigt hinauf. [...]". We are going uphill to the Myconid Sovereign, not downhill, as you can see in the right screenshot.

Last edited by Lotus Noctus; 27/02/23 02:28 PM.
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Concerning the Myconids, the translations are very inconsistent. A few times they speak of the Myconid "king", a few times of the Myconid "sovereign".

Similarly with the Myconid "colony", which was translated a few times with "Kreis" and a few times with "Zirkel"... The German word "Kreis" is more commonly used in calculations or drawings. "Zirkel", on the other hand, more often describes a grouping of fantasy living beings like Druid Circle or Circle of Magi.

I propose the following unifications here:

Ursurpator Glut --> He is not in charge, hence no sovereign / king and later he is mentioned as ursurpator.
Souverän Sboa
Mykonid as correct singular form for "Mykonide" without "e" in German (Source: https://faerun.fandom.com/de/wiki/Mykoniden)

As well as Mykoniden-"Zirkel" instead of "Kreis" or alternatively Mykoniden-"Kolonie" instead of the first two.

Context:

Mykonid (singular)

Mykonidenzirkel oder Mykonidenkolonie

Last edited by Lotus Noctus; 01/03/23 04:42 PM.
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
While farming Luminous Gemstones, I realized that there are some places that are not accessible. Here the Mage Hand spell or cantrips like Mold Earth and Gust
would be really useful, but unfortunately it is not possible to cast that spells / cantrips at this places... Please for appropriate enabling.

What is the leather-bound diary all about? It is highlighted as a story item, but there is no journal entry...

Graphical errors...

Mushroom ring teleportation field - missing text during cutscene? Why does there have to be text at all (here: "interlude pending" text). Why can't the cutscene just play without any text...?

The middle word in the name must be capitalized. It must read: "Kuo-Toa-Plänkler"".

Last edited by Lotus Noctus; 01/03/23 03:36 PM.
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
The emphasis here, as so often, can be precise. It should read: "Heilt die vergiftete Tiefengnomin." und "Wir haben die Tiefengnomin Thulla getroffen, [...]".

Here the camera work makes zero sense because it assumes that we are down at the Black Lake with the corpses.... In fact, we encountered the Duergar above, coming from the Myconid Circle. Lurkan has spotted us, and he and we are right above Gekh at this point....

It should read "Mykonidenzirkel" or "Mykonidenkolonie"(see above for an earlier report).

Furthermore, during the whole EA, the German language has so far exclusively spoken of "der Absoluten" (female form). In the dialogue with Gekh she suddenly becomes male (des / den Absoluten)... It may be because in English there is only one article: "the" and in German "der, die, das", but nevertheless one should commit oneself in general to a uniform spelling / designation.

I would refrain from using bulky single words for species as description, because it is often difficult because of the singular or plural. You can paraphrase it quite simply, for example: "Sie ist eine Tiefengnomin und Sklavin" oder "Sie ist eine versklavte Tiefengnomin."

The sudden formal salutation at the end of the first sentence is immersionbreaking ("mein Herr"). The screenshot before clearly shows a rather aggressive, rough and disrespectful tone. In the original English dubbing, I didn't exactly recognize an ironic or sarcastic tone to it either. My Lord ("mein Herr") should be omitted... Moreover "Tiefengnom-Frau" should be replaced by the word "Tiefengnomin".

Here again, the Absolute is described from the previous female paraphrase in the EA course in German suddenly with male article.

Further above it was still a "Tiefengnom-Sklavin" (singular) here only "Gnom-Sklaven" but in the wrong German plural. Correctly it must read: "[...] Tiefengnomen-Sklaven [...]", derived from the German plural form for "Menschen-Sklaven". Never ever it is called "Mensch-Sklaven"... Or just paraphrase as "[...] mit Sklaven [...]". Slavery as a generic term does not necessarily have to emphasize single species. For a few selected creatures you could do it separately, but for a large number of the same species of slaves or for many slaves of different species I would refrain from it, that makes it also in translations a lot easier and less unnecessarily complex.

Last edited by Lotus Noctus; 01/03/23 04:48 PM.
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Missing "n" at the first marked word.

If we administer an antidote, please put it in the mouth if possible and not in the ear or neck. laugh

The administered Antidote / Elixir of Silvanus is consumed! Why is it in her inventory? It should not be like that.

Missing word. It should read: "Aber noch sind Einringlinge da."

Sounds choppy because the emphasize is missing. Better is: "Wenn Ihr Eure eigenen Wege gehen wollt, [...]"

Last edited by Lotus Noctus; 01/03/23 12:05 PM.
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Is this clipping or in the Drow Studded leather, integrated sheaths for swords?

Different questions. Same answers. Intentional or not? Pls take a look.

Some items / containers are not reachable here.

Here you see Gekh's corpse summoning, but why are the Reanimated Corpses duplicating from the corpses on the ground instead of the laying corpses rising as Reanimated Corpses as they should? Suddenly there are more corpses, which then disappear when dying and then again lie unchanged at their place of origin. I think you can animate that better. Pls make it the same way you did with the Skeletons in the Dank Crypt. Let them rise and when they die their corpses shall remain at the same place we finished them of.

See log. From the Reanimated Corpses that Gekh summons, you get 10 XP each. But if you use Ursurpator Glut's Summoning skill and in this case I made Gekh an undead Minion and killed him, but got no XP. Ok I understand that you want to avoid any exploit but you could instead limit Gluts skill to just one or two per LR...

Last edited by Lotus Noctus; 01/03/23 04:52 PM.
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
The word "gibt" is superfluous here and can be removed.

Missing word. It should be read: "[...] nur um [...]"

After we killed the Duergar invaders and Ursurpator Glut, Sovereign Sboa renamed us from "Fiedensbringer" ("Peacekeeper") to "Verwandte Seele" ("Kindred Soul"). In the follow-up dialogue, he still calls us "Friedensbringer"...

If cave warden Meerna herself wrote her name and title in the book then surely according to her female form of address. Hence it should read: "Höhlenwärterin Meerna".

In the right nostril of this Rothé cow (near of Derryth Bonecloak) you can see a set of teeth appearing... Is it really supposed to be like that?

Last edited by Lotus Noctus; 01/03/23 07:33 PM.
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
The corpses of the two Duergars are not shown here as badly damaged. I assume there was a huge explosion bcs you can loot three Smokepowder Bombs from the dead Deep Gnome.

Here you can get a gem out, but this only works for small species, but the German word "[Kurz]" is nicely meant, but garbage with sauce. Please just use the species tags like for the Tiefling Hideout entry, there are also the corresponding species tagged for Dwarves, Gnomes and Halflings.

When Souvereign's Sboa opens his secret lair for us, you can see trees and a building in the background, which is probably not in the Underdark and definitely not the background of the opened area...

At this sentence the camera zooms extremely close to Souvereign Sboa...

Here, the English headline "Save the Deep Gnomes" has been translated into two different German versions with identical meaning. Please unify to "Befreie die Tiefengnome aus der Grymschmiede".

Here I am unsure. If "Mithraerzl" is only a fantasy expression for "Mithrilerz" (mithril ore), then it is not a discrepancy here and can be ignored.

Last edited by Lotus Noctus; 01/03/23 07:26 PM.
old hand
OP Offline
old hand

Proposal for the translation of the Bibberbang mushroom, which has not yet been done. A literal one-to-one translation is difficult here. But there are the Torchstalk and the Noblestalk translated as "Fackelstelz" and "Edelstelz". Derived from this, you may translate Bibberbang as "Bibberstelz". Alternatively, "ling" is a common ending for mushrooms in German. So "Bibberling" ("Bibberlinge" in plural) would also be conceivable. Both versions are better than "bibberbang" being adopted as a pure Anglicism...

Last edited by Lotus Noctus; 02/03/23 09:57 AM.
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Missing word. It should read: "Aber der bisherige Baelen hat nicht mal [...]"

The logic of intimation is to be questioned here. Can it be that not "Derryth", but the Torchstalk (Edelstelz) is meant. It makes less sense to want to throw Derryth into the chasm, then you can also commit a robbery-murder on her without warning...

The reward selection window at Derryth I didn't expect, bcs she hates her husband and we even did not give her the Nobestalk, so why should she reward us. It would make more sense if it only popped up on her when Baelen died, or on Baelen otherwise, since he is grateful for his rescue in any case.

"Wiederbegegnung" sounds too temporary. "Wiedervereinigung" is more appropriate. Bibberbang-Feld should be either "Bibberstelz-Feld" or "Bibberling-Feld" (see former report).

The word "nächstens" does not exist in German. Surely the word "demnächst" was meant... Hence it must read: "Ich muss demnächst besser aufpassen." Plural: "Bibberlinge... Natürlich waren es Bibberlinge" (or Bibberstelze).

Here, "HEIß" must be written uniformly. Of course, this is tricky even for professional translators. But the spelling and capitalizing HEISS is used in German only for public advertising, so that it is more tourist-friendly, because the letter "ß" is not used in English...

Last edited by Lotus Noctus; 03/03/23 05:42 PM.
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
If you use the invisibility from the Shadow of Menzoberranzan, then there are not even contours.... My user was standing in one of the markings, I've already forgotten it myself.

"Gravenhols" does not exist in German, hence https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Gravenhollow could be best translated as "Gravurkuhle" und "Gravurkuhlen-Gelehrter":

Graven --> https://www.etymonline.com/search?q=graven --> "engrave" context = rune carving / engraving from Stone Giants + grave associations = to dig, grave / tomb cave --> http://dnd5e.wikidot.com/fighter:rune-knight --> the German word "schnitzen" (carving) is used for wood material, for all other material it's called "(ein)gravieren" (engraving) into jewelry and equipment

Hollow --> https://www.etymonline.com/word/hollow#:~:text=hollow%20(adj.),Related%3A%20Hollowly. --> cave --> The german word "Kuhle" https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuhle means cave and grave / tomb cave

Graven --> Gravur + Hollow --> Kuhle --> "Gravurkuhle" Pls take a look.

"Mykonidenkreis" should be "Mykonidenzirkel".

The word "überreizt" is not so appropriate here but "überstrapaziert" is more appropriate.

Species and Passives should be those of the usual undead Skeletons right?

Wrong species. It's a dead Drow not a dead High Elf.

Last edited by Lotus Noctus; 05/03/23 08:13 AM.
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
The Kuo-Toa cannot reasonably fold their arms. They always impale themselves with their clawed fin hands.

There is only one Redcap that manipulates the Kuo-Toa. It also does not look "mirrored". Why are there shown two Redcaps?

The BOOOALs Arms are declared as a melee weapon in the description. In the flavor text they are also described as an improvised weapon. Why can't they be used as an improvised melee weapon? We lack improvised melee weapons...

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
If you approach the Kuo-Toas with a pet (in that case a Rock Spider from Spider Egg) or probably familiar, then the cutscene is triggered.... Tactical positioning of summoned creatures is therefore not possible, because they are treated as characters. Also, it's totally weird when an animal creature suddenly becomes humanized and communicates. Even Druid with shapeshifting can't do that...

When we summon the Redcap by interacting with the drenched altar, it appears in a geometric graphical error.

https://dnd-revival.fandom.com/wiki/Kalender_des_Harptos --> Tarsak without "h".

The initials probably of Lenore? & Yrre? must be checked here again and adapted to the German. Yrre Funkenträger = YF, with Lenore the surname is not yet known in the EA.

If the perception check is successful at the base of the Arcane Tower, then a pipe can be detected, BUT it will not be displayed. With the TAB key, strangely enough, only a hole in the wall is named. The pipe can only be targeted with a weapon attack... or when using the solution:
Gaseous Form spell

In BG 1 it was the "Torwächter", and that makes more sense (guarding territory and valuables). The term "Wärter" is commonly used in German only for guarding prisoners.

The piece of meat, which can be obtained via the dog collar, weighs more than most heavy weapons...

Last edited by Lotus Noctus; 07/03/23 01:59 PM.
F
addict
addict
F
I had a reanimated bulette start dialogue with the kuatoa. Needless to say, it's -4 mental stats meant it failed dialogue and fight broke out.

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by FreeTheSlaves
I had a reanimated bulette start dialogue with the kuatoa. Needless to say, it's -4 mental stats meant it failed dialogue and fight broke out.

Yes, a general problem with the approach that also exists by Auntie Ethel, for example. Instead of addressing the NPCs (by talking to them) to trigger the dialogues (and having time to save before, etc. pp.), there are radii that trigger cutscenes and dialogues. That's why issuess like this happen all the time.... It would be so easy, but apparently they don't want to implement it any other way. Unnecessary extra work, but also self-imposed. grin

Last edited by Lotus Noctus; 07/03/23 02:28 PM.
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
The painting is lootable, but clipping.

The book racks are not lootable, because they are not reachable...

It must be read: "[...] weil Ihr einen bei Myrnas [...]".

Here you can see the condition descriptions that the construct Bernard also gives itself. The second condition (left on the screenshot) is a duplication, because it is already described in the aura (first condition). Accordingly, the second condition should only appear with his allies. Consequently, it should better read: "Dieses Konstrukt bewirkt zusätzlich 1d6 +2 Blitzschaden, wenn es neben einen statisch aufgeladenen Bernard steht."

Here it is very unclear how Bernard's Lightning Aura works. The description (see previous screenshot above) says 2d8 lightning damage per round. But it doesn't explicitly say how exactly this looks in practice. Every time there is an attack against Bernard etc., no matter if he is hit or not, the lightning damage is dealt (see screenshots Magic Missile, Scorching Ray and missed Sneak Attack). So it's a kind of an effect reflector that works only as soon as you make an attack, so the current description is confusing. It should be adjusted. Every time an attack is performed against Bernard, the attacker receives 2d8 Lightning Damage.

When Bernard hugs us, our character is not displayed in the process.

The apostrophes are missing from the quotations (from the found writings).

Last edited by Lotus Noctus; 08/03/23 04:37 PM.
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
On the top level of the Arcane Tower, you fall into the floor or through the stairs in some places.

Here again the quotation marks are missing...

Here it must read respectively: "Diese nesserilische Enklave [...]", "[...] wieder sichtbar [...]" and plural "[...] einigen Shadovari [...]".

For consistency, the word "Automat" should be replaced by the word " Konstrukt".

The blue Sapphire Necklaces are all mistakenly labeled as Silver Necklaces. It could be true for the one highlighted in yellow?

Here it should correctly read, "Den Duergar ins Wasser schubsen." (singular, Corsair Greymon).

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
"Firma" (company) is really immersionbreaking here. It sounds way to modern. I suspect the context is more "mafia business like", hence a better German translation is: "Waffe bereit, Mädel - das Geschäft ruft!", Moreover ist should be read: "[...] versklavte Tiefengnomen [...]" und "Fresse" oder "Fratze" instead of "Visage" (avoiding Gallicism).

On the second screenshot, the penultimate sentence makes no sense at all: "Now get ready for something, I'm going to rip your balls off." Because it implies a subsequent fight.

By two of the three executed Drow in the cells at Murmath and his spiders, the portraits or female and male designations were mistaken.

Here, accordingly, it must be the plural, as the context from the follow-up sentence confirms. It must be read: "Wo sind die Drow hergekommen?"

The spider "hisses" in the first screenshot. But on the second it says that the spiders "chatter". But only ducks and geese chatter. In general, the communication of spiders is called quite differently, namely: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stridulation --> It should read: "Versuchen, Ihre Stridulation zu deuten." or if one wants to avoid terminology, then simply "Versuchen, Ihre Unterhaltung zu deuten". Further infomation: In both cases we didn't use Speak with Animals.

"Grymschmiede"...

Here it must be read "[...] erleuchten [...]".

Last edited by Lotus Noctus; 09/03/23 06:14 AM.
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
If the flavor text and the picture represent a "Silberkelch", then you may as well name it "Silberkelch" and not "Silberglas"...

Geodata - the kettle is in the wall, you can only discover it that way.

We can shove the Ochre Jelly but not into the chasm. Why not? This should be possible...

The ring we can get from Omeluum should be uniformly named as in the journal entry, as the "Ring der Gedankenabschirmung".

Pls replace this Gallicism by the German words "Ihr Blitzmerker" (ironic German term for a person who grasps slowly).

The comma between the letters in the first word is out of place. It should read "Na, na, was [...]".

On the smaller shore of the Ebon Lake you suddenly find the corpse of Bonna (you were able to kill her on the pirate sailboat of Corsair Greymon). I do not think that this should be the case?

If we tell Brithvar to report Thrinn his intention to betray Nere, he becomes hostile. The Duergar patrol still marches past our battle as if nothing happened? This feels immersion breaking.

Last edited by Lotus Noctus; 08/03/23 04:29 PM.
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Missing "t". It should read "[...] ist [...]".

I unfortunately didn't screen the previous sentences, but quintessence here is the answer that the rune powder can light up the entire Underdark when it explodes. Accordingly, the translation should reflect the emphasis on "Zerstörung" (as noun).

The Witch Bolt spell should be interrupted at obstacles (here stairs).

Missing text string.

A missing word here leads to the contradiction of righteous archdevils.... Correctly it must read: "[...] rechtschaffen bösen [...]".

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Church_of_Shar --> Here one may orient oneself by the English original: "Sharrans". From this the correct German version is "Sharraner". If you thought that "Sharites" would be easier to gender, I have to disappoint you (der Sharit / die Sharitin vs. der Sharraner / die Sharranerin have the same result), so with "Sharraner" you can at least stick closer to the original.

Last edited by Lotus Noctus; 10/03/23 11:39 AM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard