Print Thread
B
Boyaki Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
Hello,

I tried researching an already open topic on this but couldn't find one.

Simply put my xp curve is set too low. I need 50 xp to go to level 2, and not much more for the next level, so by the time I end the tutorial i'm already level 3.
I believe the isssue is mod related but :

- I remove all mods from my computer
- delete files in documents
- uninstall/reinstall the game
- create new games and so on

But the issue persist. I assume there is still some files that have been modified and remain after a steam uninstall but I have no idea where to find it and if that is even the issue.

The game is playable but having to keep track of the normal curve at all time to know when to level up as the game intended remove a lot of fun

veteran
veteran
Its not an issue ... that is by design.
Many DnD classes really starts at level 3 ... so its important to reach that fast ... everything after become conciderably slower wich every next level.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
B
Boyaki Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
But I do reach level 5 near the time I go to the druid grove and I don't think this is by design

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Hmm, I'm normally hitting level 3 at around the time of reaching the grove for the first time. And from checking a couple of my old saves I can see that it should take 300 XP to get to level 2 and 900 to level 3, in line with the 5e table, so your 50 to go to level 2 does sound weird.

Unfortunately I've no idea what might be causing your issue or how to fix it, my only suggestion would be to submit your savegame to Larian support to see if they can help. You can attach your zipped file if you use the feedback form on the launcher, which automatically puts in your game version number, or via the support site at https://larian.com/support/baldur-s-gate-3#modal.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
B
Boyaki Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
So I did find a solution but not the cause.

I went to my user > Local > Larian and delete everything. So I don't know what was the problem, but Yeah nontheless

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
I’m glad that your problem has been resolved at any rate!

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
veteran
veteran
Hitting level 2 at 50 must have been your mods yes

If we agree the mind sucker ship at the start is indeed the 'tutorial' then killing either commander zorg or the mind sucker (or both) should make any class level 2 before they hit the beach and a good deal of ex can then be collected in the crypt to hit level 3 before the druid grove, 4 around the time you reach the windmill battle so you installed a mod that halved needed experience

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.
Z
addict
addict
Z
It is possible to hit lvl 3 with just picking up shadow and astarion.
But there are a cupple of things I need to do and some skill checks and some luck.
First to succeed all checks with the devouler and kill it.
Kill from the stairs the two imps before they get destroyed by the dragon or the cultists.
Free shadow and kill everyone on the way.
Then kill with acid the newborn mindflayer.
And finally killing e eryone else( all cambions on the way out I clouding the mindflayer). I usly ending with 65-90 XP missing but i never checked the exact number. Around Astarion or after crushing the mindflayer's head I hit lvl3.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by ZOZO1006
It is possible to hit lvl 3 with just picking up shadow and astarion.
But there are a cupple of things I need to do and some skill checks and some luck.
First to succeed all checks with the devouler and kill it.
Kill from the stairs the two imps before they get destroyed by the dragon or the cultists.
Free shadow and kill everyone on the way.
Then kill with acid the newborn mindflayer.
And finally killing e eryone else( all cambions on the way out I clouding the mindflayer). I usly ending with 65-90 XP missing but i never checked the exact number. Around Astarion or after crushing the mindflayer's head I hit lvl3.

How do you damage the newborn Mindflayer? That shouldn´t be possible as the pod protects it. I tried with different attacks and spells with no result.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by JackTheReaper
How do you damage the newborn Mindflayer? That shouldn´t be possible as the pod protects it. I tried with different attacks and spells with no result.
change the girl to a sucker
toss in a caustic brine
wait for your free 75exp
[Linked Image from gog.com]

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.

Link Copied to Clipboard