Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
F
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
I'm doing the Save Mayrina quest and am now standing in front of the Gnarled Door in Auntie Ethel's underground hideout. I've passed some dialog checks, seen Ethel walk through the door, etc., but I cannot do the same. Is it possible to advance past this point?

I've tried glitching through the door as seen in some older videos on YouTube, but that doesn't work. I've worn one of the masks in the same room but immediately lost control of that character. What to do?

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
You should be able to walk through the door as if it’s not there (because it isn’t), but getting the right angle to click on the other side can be tricky, so you may have to fiddle around with the camera a bit.

The masks allow Ethel to charm anyone wearing them, but there is a spell that protects against any fey creature trying that. You don’t need to know that, but it may help wink.

addict
addict
You should best click a good distance above the "door" (so that he/it is not highlighted), as if you wanted to an area far away.

While standing before the door, I could use the arrows to move the camera behind the door. Players are no longer visible, but I could then click on the ground there and they ran through the door to the spot.

F
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
Originally Posted by The Red Queen
You should be able to walk through the door as if it’s not there (because it isn’t), but getting the right angle to click on the other side can be tricky, so you may have to fiddle around with the camera a bit.

Ah, yes, thanks.

I had tried "walking" the camera through the door like I'd seen on a few YouTube videos and only saw black and assumed the area was un-clickable. Turns out I can do this and click somewhere in the black area and it can be the floor on the other side, and I then walk through. I had best luck turning the camera 90 degrees away from the door and strafing left with "A".

On the YouTube video I saw the area behind the door was rendered normally, and it was over a year old, so I assumed that a bug had been fixed and some other more in-game obvious way to achieve this had been implemented.

Last edited by ForkInBrain; 09/03/23 12:43 AM.
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by ForkInBrain
On the YouTube video I saw the area behind the door was rendered normally, and it was over a year old

Sounds like the video was from before whatever patch it was where Larian blacked out rooms behind closed doors on the map. Glad you made it through smile.

Link Copied to Clipboard