Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
ldo58 Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
I cleared the goblin camp and found the puzzle to go to the underdark. But before going there, I first wanted to clear the risen road (defeat gnolls, get Tyr's sword, visit Waukeen's keep and the Zent)
So after all this, I returned to the empty Selune temple, and I can't find the puzzle room anymore. I've been running in circles for hours it seems. On the mini map I tried to go to the lozenge "path to moonrise towers" as the underdark should be that path , but it's not the location of the puzzle. Actually it's just nowhere.
I'm going nuts. If someone could give directions to help find that room back, Shadowheart will send you blessings.

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Go to Priestess Gut's room, from there you should find it quite easy I believe

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Can you remember where you fought Priestess Gut, assuming you spoke to her first? There’s a door in her room on the main map that leads to her private quarters, and if you go round to the left once you’re in those you should find the path to the puzzle.

EDIT: I see I was too slow, and SneakyHalfling got in first smile.

Last edited by The Red Queen; 08/03/23 09:20 PM.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Originally Posted by The Red Queen
EDIT: I see I was too slow, and SneakyHalfling got in first smile.

It's no joke, I'm LITERALLY a sneaky halfling shadowheartgiggle

Last edited by SneakyHalfling; 08/03/23 09:57 PM.
ldo58 Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
I fought Gut on the stairs up from the main hall. I killed a goblin there and that triggered the alarm. I'm sure I visited her room too, wherever that was, but I don't know which one it is.

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
So go here where my char is inside the temple:

[Linked Image from wolkestudio.com.ar]

You will find this door:

Which takes you here:

In there just follow the path, is pretty tiny place, and there is the puzzle and the stairs

Last edited by SneakyHalfling; 08/03/23 10:37 PM.
ldo58 Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
@sneakyHalfling : Thanks so much ! Thanks to your map I found the room back. I think I could have run around for days without it.
I wish I could give you points for the answer or something like they do on Steam boards.
Many thanks again, also to all other members who helped.

Last edited by ldo58; 09/03/23 04:57 PM.
S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Yay! Glad it helped.

Have fun in the Underdark!

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by ldo58
@sneakyHalfling : Thanks so much ! Thanks to your map I found the room back. I think I could have run around for days without it.
I wish I could give you points for the answer or something like they do on Steam boards.
Many thanks again, also to all other members who helped.

If you need help solving it let me know. it's kinda my thing in multiplayer games - solving children's puzzles - in record time.

My character is named "Let me solve it"

Blackheifer
ldo58 Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Thanks, but this is not my first run. I already solved it in the past, although I think it will probably still take some tries to get it done.
There used to be a bug earlier, in that some globes seemed to stack onto eachother as you turned. I hope that has been resolved meanwhile.

old hand
old hand
1. its still bugged
2 you don't actually have to slove it if you pass a perception check there is a lever that also opens the door

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by ldo58
Thanks, but this is not my first run. I already solved it in the past, although I think it will probably still take some tries to get it done.
There used to be a bug earlier, in that some globes seemed to stack onto eachother as you turned. I hope that has been resolved meanwhile.

I should have put an /s in there. Although seriously

12 Moves
N= North Piece , S = South Piece, W - West Piece, E = East Piece

N -1 W - 3 S - 1 W - 2 E - 2 S - 1 E - 2

Blackheifer
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Ussnorway
1. its still bugged
2 you don't actually have to slove it if you pass a perception check there is a lever that also opens the door

I do this in any run, and if I had to use all inspiration or even save scumming (not necessary yet), because I don't like the moon puzzle or puzzles in general. Thank you, Larian, for the second method.

Link Copied to Clipboard