Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#846386 04/03/23 10:12 PM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I'm not use to games that doesn't help/suggest things. Pretty big learning curve. I'm starting to get some of the game, but have issues with quest. There is nothing in the text/conversations that tell you want to do. Like suppose to examine a corpse even though there is no corpse. Stumbled across the mortician building (was never told there was one), but still no body.
Is there a easier way to keep up with quest?

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Ouch. no answer huh? I'm about lvl 5 now, but seem to be stuck now. Areas not explored slaughter my party without effort AND I'M AT THE EASIST SETTING!!!!! Found some guides/walkthroughs but doesn't really take account of what level you are. IGN seems to cover some, but not the gap between lvl5 and 6-7.

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Yes, unfortunately the Divinity Original Sin forums here aren’t particularly active, most folk here now are, like myself, here for Baldur’s Gate 3. Sorry!

You could try the D:OS Reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/DivinityOriginalSin/, perhaps?

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
S
stranger
stranger
S
Hi, if you are having trouble on the easiest setting my advice would be to take it slow and try out different ways of appoach for hard to do quests or gathering new equipment. the early game is unfortunately one of the harder parts simply because your player characters are not fleshed out yet!
Since there's no easy way to redistribute attribute points, the distribution of them is utmost crucial. You should know exactly what your characters are supposed to do in combat and then build them the way to achieve that effectively. If the possilibities are simply overwhelming I'd advise to look up some guides and builds, and how to play em. Also knowing the carfting recipes helps a ton. You really don't need to min max or do everything exactly in order, the game allows for alot of freedom. If you feel like you miskilled just start anew with a plan made out for say lvl 1-10 for example.
Lastly, non combat-wise Id recommend getting certain skills and items early on: 1. loremaster for infos on enemies 2. walk in shadow/sneak to grab stuff 3. crafting/blacksmith to make/buff equip 4. spellbooks for skillusers asap 5. teleporter pyramid! 6. pickpocket for easy money/items. Hving ticked off that list should be enough to get you through early game on any difficulty. And the rest will only depend on how well your party synergizes in combat. Dont follow step by step walkthroughs, make your own adventure! This game's got the tools for it.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
found another guide https://www.tihie.com/divinity-original-sin-ee . seems like a pretty big change from most builds, but then EE did change the game a bit. Trying to use 3 of the builds from that one (2 for the companions), and a mage from another guide. https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/pc/170514-divinity-original-sin-enhanced-edition/faqs/72764
Basically spending time trying to get a better feel for the game and anything else that would help. looking for a few more sites to help out. Part of the tricky part is HOW to play with the spells to get the best outcome. And it seems dual wands (and dual daggers) actually help with more AP, more important then having a shield.
Have played with crafting, and blacksmith, but making armor at the levels i'm at gives WORSE armor then what you can get find/buy. But I can't find a guide (so far) about what actual specs you get vs blacksmithing/crafting.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard