Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
veteran
veteran
How about we let the players be the judge of BG3 guild interest?

If lots of people do in fact want to join a guild in BG3, then they'll respond to this thread or otherwise create "looking for guild" threads.
If there is ~no interest in guilds, then we wont see anymore of these threads and this thread will fade into obscurity (as long as it isn't self-bumped again).

OP Offline
Originally Posted by footface
What is zerg protocol?
"a no drama, no zerg protocol"

"No drama No zerg" was our first guild rule. Some people "zerg" through game content really fast.. think of the hilarity and destruction of Leroy Jenkins. In my guild we are the exact polar OPPOSITE of that smile So we prefer a much slower pace so we can enjoy the environment, the lore and most especially the teamwork and camaraderie of playing together.

We are a drama free adult guild that is normally 30 years of age and older that plays a relaxed game of D&D together, just on a computer smile And we actually KNOW who Gary Gygax and Dave Arneson were smile

There is room for everyone in this game. The strictly SOLO player, and those who prefer a group, party experience. It's D&D based folks! :)~~~

PS:

Last edited by Commodore_Tyrs; 26/04/21 04:44 AM.
OP Offline
Originally Posted by mrfuji3
How about we let the players be the judge of BG3 guild interest?

If lots of people do in fact want to join a guild in BG3, then they'll respond to this thread or otherwise create "looking for guild" threads.
If there is ~no interest in guilds, then we wont see anymore of these threads and this thread will fade into obscurity (as long as it isn't self-bumped again).

This is a thread pointing more at guild leaders and founders. You are right -- they will make a decision to launch or not to provide guild resources -- time -- to launch in this game. The deck is stacked against guilds at the moment because there is no dedicated section of the forum here to post a "looking for guild" type post.. or to advertise their guild. But that's ok. It's very early still.

I know quite a few guilds that are taking a wait and see approach to BG3. Some have already recruited. Personally I'm waiting until right around game launch (end of 2021/early '22) before I put real time into recruiting. For now, my guild Tyrs Paladium is only taking applications for people we already know and have met through the years of gaming, with rare exception.

But yes I think its important to LET guilds form, let the pen and paper old school players to play, let the MMO community come over and play this cooperative mmorprg.

This game needs a welcoming community and this thread is an effort to speak to guild leaders and such, or those thinking about making the plunge.

Last edited by Commodore_Tyrs; 26/04/21 04:47 AM.
OP Offline
We will build a thread here for guilds... ;)~~~

veteran
veteran
There are already places where players gather to play BG3: Discord servers.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
OP Offline
Thats true, and most guilds utilize Discord as a communication medium, along with their guild forum, which can be a great place to gather for game tips and learning about character and game mechanics without the troll farm you tend to find on the game's official mother boards.

OP Offline
Holy cow its been 4 YEARS since I've posted this! smile Now that the game is FINALLY ready to launch in August 23, 2023, I will be resurrecting this thread.

Are their ANY MMO GUILDS planning to support this game?

S
old hand
old hand
S
I'm not sure if a one single bg3 discord server wouldn't be better. With some subsections where only certain guilds can post.

That way, players can see all listed guilds immediately, but also have access to a general chat.

Being in a guild is nice and all... but looking for players to get better match ups is going to be more important to almost anyone than guild loyalty.

Worst of all, the way coop is currently implemented sucks. Your "whoever picks an item up, gets it" policy is enough for me to lose interest permanently. I don't want to be in a team with people hording items they don't even use, and accusing me of drama when questioned.

Your policies don't address the massive gaps in playstyle that cause drama, such as:
-- loot goblins vs. quest completionists
-- voting for story decisions
-- anything related to taking companions along to farm approval.

If it's three players, you can only really get 1-2 characters up to very high approval. If that wasn't bad enough, only the leading character in the cutscene gets the approval.

"No drama" is not enough to stop drama from happening.

Additionally, even if you craft policies now, the game may look different on release. Optimally, someone could create a mod to enable better coop. This is the only way to really /enforce/ "no drama".

I believe Blackheifer is the most immersed in drama free coop here. If he's willing to aid you, he would know most what tends to go wrong on the regular.

As is, you may get taken advantage of. The most annoying players tend to behave badly and call people's reaction "drama".

Imagine someone splitting off from the group, making ALL the story decisions. Player 2 is busy stealing every book in the grove. You're trying to recruit Wyll. Player 1 tells you to leave him since he wants to romance Shadowheart.

Player 2 just spend all of the group's money on better armour. Don't worry, she'll get it back! Oh, no, she was caught stealing. Not to worry. Let's just reload the save from 2 minutes ago! Hahaha, maybe 5th time's the charm?

This is why I don't play coop...

Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
Originally Posted by Commodore_Tyrs

What a great scene from Children of the Corn

Remember the human (This is a forum for a video game):
Originally Posted by Zerubbabel

🤣 Nice... 👍

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Zerubbabel

shadowheartgiggle shadowheartgiggle shadowheartgiggle

OP Offline
Ahh, you have been in "drama free" guilds that DONT GET IT. Unfortunately, it is very difficult to get a guild RIGHT. However, there are guilds that manage it.

I will ALWAYS support guild play. None of the problems you mention happen in our guild because we have stringent guild rules that are actually followed. We also have a slew of volunteers to monitor things and they know exactly what to do should someone act unbecoming of our guild rules. Finally, WE HAND SELECT new recruits. They become part of our guild and community. We can create coop groups lead by DMs. GOOD GUILDS ORGANIZE THESE THINGS IN ADVANCE.

Guild leaders and officers SET THEIR PLAYER ENVIRONMENT and expectations. Guild camaraderie is a BEAUTIFUL THING. Its VERY D&D in its essence. Guild life I believe will be very strong in BG3.

This thread is for those who have already formed, are branching out from other games or plan to form a guild. Thats it. (We are not debating if guilds are good or bad for BG3. I feel the social aspects of guilds will make those hand around BG3 longer, and thats good for EVERYONE)

Last edited by Commodore_Tyrs; 12/03/23 05:39 AM.
OP Offline
Thank you and WELCOME to Tyrs Paladium ibowfish! :)~~~

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard