Next Thread
Print Thread
#847113 11/03/23 09:45 AM
D
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
D
I am unsure if it is new-ish feature, or if it's a bug, or both... but the camera only follows my chosen character sometimes. It alternates randomly between not following and following when the chosen character is moving. Only double clicking gets camera to follow for a while again.

The annoying part is obviously the randomness, but as I said, I am unsure if this is feature or bug... and I just haven't been able to find where to turn on camera follow *permanently*. Any help, or otherwise validation that this is a known issue... and that it's being addressed, us appreciated.

"Tribe?"
veteran
veteran
It's by design
If you zoom out as you travel then the camera will auto-adjust as you move around the terrain

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.
D
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
D
Originally Posted by Ussnorway
It's by design
If you zoom out as you travel then the camera will auto-adjust as you move around the terrain

Huh. Thank you for the reply. I seem to recollect that when I started playing back in late july, this wasn't a thing and camera-follow was always on, no matter the level of zoom. It's not something I was bothered by untill fairly recently.

Is there no feature in the options, then, to adjust how camera-follow works? If so, what's it called?

"Tribe?"
veteran
veteran
there are 3 cameras;
in gameplay settings at the bottom are your tick boxes, dymanic camera is what you are calling 'follow', shake [which i personally find makes me dizzy] and combat camera which is very buggy and the one that changes the most... there is also the O key bind for the 'tatical' camera which is just the dymanic turning on or off

as of the patch 8 combat camera should jump to a face frame shoot of the character when a crit happens to 'look dramatic'... it doesn't work correct unless the character and the target are both at the same level

as of patch 9 the camera [and the selected character] will jump to the main character at the start of 'MOST' talking scrypts i.e, anytime a combat [ends] or cut seane happens the main character should be auto selected... this change casues a few issues, one of which is resetting camera settings

the big issue is Larian designed the area without taking the camera into account and it tends to get stuck so they made a few changes in order to try and fix that or at least make it happen less

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.
D
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
D
I should have responded to your reply sooner, Ussnorway, but anyway:

Thank you for putting both the chronology and where to find the relevant settings (and their name), and an explanation of the context in your reply. When I read it first, I thought "oh, this really explains everything"... then thought that you should at least get a thank you... but then *stuff* happened, and I forgot about the thank you part until now.

So, thanks! :-]

"Tribe?"

Link Copied to Clipboard