Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
So, I'm at the rock fall where they're digging out Nere. Sadly, no matter what I do (or don't do) I get the line, "In some places a spell like that would get you arrested. Here it seems, it gets you killed."

Then there's either a bribe or a fight. I'm going to try the bribe next, but there's no obvious reason for that line to be triggering. I shouldn't be getting it for talking to someone, or walking a few feet, or breathing.

Artist, Writer, Poet, Crank
Art, poetry, and prose of a grim and unserious nature.
https://www.lrjonte.com/
addict
addict
Did you cast friends on someone earlier (or similar spell)?

F
addict
addict
F
Friends and Charm person should show that love heart animation in dialogue so players are in no doubt they’ve cast a mood altering enchantment on the NPC, rather than a buff on themselves.

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
used a scroll of charm person on the Dwarf on the boat I was using. That explains it.

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Right, that's what did it.

Anyway, a bribe made it all go away.

addict
addict
Yeah, I use those spells sparingly like in the blighted village at initial scene. I set up my attack positions before it wares off. That way I don’t find ourselves on the ground between the houses. And I have never found a use for animal friendship.

Last edited by avahZ Darkwood; 14/03/23 11:27 AM.
old hand
old hand
You can use Animal Friendship by the Owlbear Mother bcs she turns hostile at all...

Z
stranger
stranger
Z
I'm facing the same bug, but it happens pretty much in all the locations. It happened to me in Druid's Grove, Myconid Colony, and I think it happened in the Shattered Sanctum as well. The last time it happened, I was watching a cut scene of me getting to Grymforce and somehow, the cut scene ended, and I was already in the Grymforce with this dialogue. And no, I haven't cast any spell on any of these moments

And it happens quite often at the Grymforce. Way too often I'd say

Last edited by Ziggoto; 09/04/23 03:05 PM.
old hand
old hand
there is an animal in a burning barn that is about to charge who ever happens past the way out

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.
apprentice
apprentice
It's happening to me all the time. The trigger happens if I go more than a few seconds without doing anything.

Link Copied to Clipboard