Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
In the English original I understand what is meant to be expressed by "to foil" (counterpart) at this point, but it ends up in a double negation... Maybe "Devil Mask" or "Devil Image Mask" would be better, at least in German "Teufelsabbild-Maske" is more appropriate.

Missing translation...

The better and nicer translation in the sense of "let someone leave" is here: "[...] ehe ich Euch von dannen ziehen lasse."

Here again emphasize: "[...] das ganze Unterreich erleuchten [...]".

The orange highlighted text leads to the question of why we don't have more answer choices in the dialogue options. Here it bothers me that we don't put one and one together and try to stop Philomeen from getting into our hometown with a very high explosive, especially in the case of possible [Baldurian] tag... Also, the German translation is strange in the sentences with "Stellungnahmen" (public comment). "Als Druckmittel bei Verhandlungen" ("as leverage in negotiations") would be more coherent.

Here, the first two words are exceptionally allowed in reverse order. The context here is namely that we have already let Philomeen know in advance that we know Laridda. From there it is not a real question, but a conclusion of Philomeen, which she justs wants to be confirmed again. Hence it should read: "Ihr habt Laridda bei der Grabung gesehen?"

Consistency. In all previous sources, "clan" was translated into German as "Klan" with "k".

First of all, the question is why we are so disparaging, the dialogue with Lunkbug and just do not start directly with Laridda. It is extremely impolite in real life to have a dialogue about someone who is standing right next to you and whom it concerns. Also, if Laridda immediately joins the conversation, this approach makes absolutely no sense or her indignation is not emphasized here clearly enough....

The following German translation is totally confusing and hardly makes sense. I translate it literally into English for better comprehensibility: "Go on? I have given her everything. And she has the forehead to send you to break me?" I can guess roughly what is meant to be expressed here, even if the attempt is very unfortunate. However, I don't know what the first sentence is supposed to express? Who should go further here, we or was this an attempt to make Lunkbug muzzled because it is none of his business? Who should be the addressee of the first marked sentence here? I recommend to omit the first sentence completely and to translate the second and third sentence as follows: "Ich habe Ihr alles gegeben. Und sie hat die Unverfrorenheit, Euch zu schicken, um mich bloßzustellen." or alternatively "Und sie hat die Dreistigkeit, Euch zu schicken, um mich zu demütigen."

Murmath, the dead Drow und Spider corpses sometimes vanish if you have some distance and reappear when you are very close... I dunno what is the cause of this...

Last edited by Lotus Noctus; 09/03/23 02:03 PM.
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
At the top of the second page, there is an unnecessary carriage return / line break and in the marked text, the beginning of the sentence needs to be capitalized: "[...] Die Tentakel [...]".

It is extremely nonsensical that Skickpit calls himself "Stinkpit" (see second screenshot)... Also, you don't get XP if you poison the two Duergar. In the Goblin Camp you get at least some XP, please adjust accordingly.

If we poisen ourself with the same poisened beer and then cure ourself with an Elixir of Silvanus (it says it heals even the strongest poisonings) then nothing happens, it doesn't work at all...

Last edited by Lotus Noctus; 09/03/23 05:46 PM.
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
"Was denn?" sounds too aggressive and ungrateful in this context (after his liberation from the Duergar). Better is: "Was nun?" (in the sense of what happens now).

Consistency: "Rothé-Ältester" and "Rothé-Kuh".

All the dead Deep Gnomes whose bodies are to be thrown into the water by the Duergar have placeholder portraits...

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Consistency. Ebon Lake has so far been translated into German exclusively as "Schwarzsee".

The fire bowl clips into the bone-like material.

The value of the idols of the various deities fluctuates very strongly. Pls adjust the proportionality.

https://baldursgate3.wiki.fextralife.com/Crafting --> Again, I'm surprised by the lack of proportionality compared to +1 weapons and armor, measured against the in-game statements. Adamant is presented as an extremely rare and valuable resource. Adamant should be at least equivalent to +2 weapons and armor, if not much higher.

Last edited by Lotus Noctus; 10/03/23 12:00 PM.
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Complementary to the "Sharrans" (Shariten vs. Sharraner) from page 1, at the end of the thread, following screenshots:

"Sharraner-Inquisitor" or why not simply Inquisitor of Darkness / Darkness Inquisitor - in German "Inquisitor der Dunkelheit", derived from the Shield Knights (Helm), Morning Knights (Lathander), Storm Knights (Talos) etc. pp. --> https://baldursgate.fandom.com/wiki/Temple_of_Helm_(Temple_District) --> Often the followers are not named directly after a deity, which reduces the problem of salutations (Sharran vs Sharites in this case) or even makes them obsolete altogether.

"Tagebuch eines Sharraners" / "Tagebuch einer Sharranerin" --> Here it is up to you to choose a more neutral term or to go into detail and define a gender, but then also to consistently adjust all other related references accordingly. But remember in German "Shariten" is not neutral (Sharit / Sharitin) and "Sharraner" and "Sharranerin" is more close to the English original... Difficult I know. Unfortunately I also have no better suggestion...

Moreover there is something mixed up. In the continuous text of the diary, the Hell Knights (https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Narzugon) with masks are mentioned. Correctly, however, they should be Merregon Legionaires (https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Merregon)... Hence the word "Höllenritter" must be replaced by "Merregon-Legionäre".

Here it must be read: "[...] im Tempel der Shar [...]".

Why not call it simply "Mitgliedschaftsregister"?

The Cap of Wrath that we can loot from Thudd's corpse is not displayed correctly on non-small characters (Humans, Tieflings). It was displayed correctly on my Dwarf.

Last edited by Lotus Noctus; 13/03/23 11:59 AM.
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Consistency. The absolute has always been exclusively female in German. Hence it must read: "[...] Absolute..." and "[...] Liebling der Absoluten [...]". Precession concerning the thief Thulla. It may read "[...] Tiefengnomin [...]".

Here the same concerning the Deep Gnomes. The umbrella term " Gnome" makes more sense, if it would be really Gnomes of most different subspecies, otherwise one may be precise. "Duergar-Rebellen" should be replaced by "Duergar-Aufwiegler". Rebels has too positive connotations (Star Wars, Freedom Fighters) and doesn't fit well with slavers... Agitator is more nefarious and fits better to the Duergar. It also fits better into the overall context. Rebels are associated with a very large uprising. Agitators are the precursor to encouraging others to do so, and this fits better with the small band of Duergar around Brithvar and Kur...

You can walk into this, I don't know how to call it, covered fire bowl...?

The weapons are not properly displayed over Commander Thrinn's cape. It blends together.

The word "Meuterer" is used only in the context of maritime insurrection. Otherwise, one always speaks only of "Aufständischen". In this case the word "Meuterer" should be replaced by the word "Aufständische". "Gnome" should be precised to "Tiefengnome".

Here again "[...] Tiefengnomin geklaut [...]" (context Thulla). The collapse is not metal but rubble and debris.... Hence it must read: "[...] - hat uns unter tonnenweise Schutt begraben." Alternatively "Geröll" or "Schutt und Geröll" and it must read again "[...] der Absoluten."

Aaaaaand again "[...] der Absoluten."

And precision work here again: "Die Tiefengnome [...]", because they are indeed all Deep Gnomes and not Rock Gnomes or Iron Hand Gnomes, which can be made up of different gnomish subspecies, I suppose.

Last edited by Lotus Noctus; 13/03/23 03:54 PM.
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
The ropes, which can be found in the Underdark have different weight classes: 6x 0.1 = 0.6 pounds and 1x 1 pound... Some id's of the items concerned still have to be made consistent and stackable as well...

The liberation of Nere is buggy as follows: If you want to ignite the blasting powder with Alchemist Fire or remove the collapse itself with Smokepowder bombs, the impacts alone trigger a sympathy loss with the Deep Gnomes. The same applies to damage to crates etc. pp., this means that as soon as the Deep Gnomes have a too high sympathy loss they become hostile. The problem with AOE-surfaces is not yet considered here and would intensify the whole problem...

The narrator reports that four Deep Gnomes were buried with Nere, two of whom were killed by him, but this is false. In fact, there are only three: Wicky, Meerna and Beldron. When they are freed, Nere and Beldron survive. Meerna is murdered by Nere shortly after, and Wicky's body is found afterward in the collapse. A second body (the narrator explicitly mentions two Deep Gnomes killed by Nere earlier) is not present. Also, the narrator talks about the two of them being burned by Nere's powerful magic, but that's not what Wicky's body looks like at all....

The German word "ausschneiden" is used, for example, in activities with kindergarten children. The word "rausschneiden", on the other hand, is used in hunting or sacrificial rites, for example, and is accordingly more brutal and fits better in the overall context. Hence it must read: "Schneidet Ihm das Herz raus [...]".

The marked wooden crate and the rope on it are not lootable, because not reachable...

Last edited by Lotus Noctus; 14/03/23 09:38 PM.
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Here I am picking up the fourth Devilsfoil Mask (German: "Teufelsabbild-Maske"). Normally a statement from a party member follows immediately, but here there was none only XP suddenly. This is a bit strange that there is no statement, but XP. I assume that the masks will be relevant for a later quest. Therefore, I already point out to implement at least 2-3 additional masks into the game when increasing the party size?

Complementary to the "Mykoniden" / "Mykonidenzirkel" from page 1 (Last edited by Lotus Noctus; Wed Mar 01 2023 04:42 PM.)

There is a similar problem here as before with the demise of the Duergar invaders and Ursurpator Glut. When we defeat Nere and hand out his head to Sovereign Sboa, then Sovereign Sboa gives us another new title: "Lebenssänger". In the follow-up dialogue he addresses us as usual only as "Friedensbringer"...

After defeating Nere, there are also new dialogues with the different Myconides. The correct German singular form for "Mykonid" is without "e" at the end... and the word " Kreis " has to be adapted as the word "Zirkel".

Last edited by Lotus Noctus; 14/03/23 01:29 PM.
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
It must read: "[...] Eisenhände [...]".

Standardization to "[...] Mykonidenzirkel [...]".

Here it must be specified to '[...] "ich befürchte".' --> https://deutsch.yabla.com/lesson--fürchten-vs.-befürchten-1303

The Hand Crossbows intertwine with each other as well as with our character's back...

Here we are literally only a shadow of our self...

The mirror is highlighted to interact, but nothing happens (at least for a custom party), not even a statement... Probably you need a certain character like Shadowheart in the active party?

Brithvar and Kur are very well aware that Philomeen (female) is the fugitive. I would be very surprised here if they do not give an exact description of the perpetrator.... Therefore, it must read: "[...] der Tiefengnomin [...]" and "[...] eine Tiefengnomin [...]".

Since they are all Deep Gnomes, you can emphasize it that way. I would only use the word Gnome as an umbrella term if there were actually several different subspecies of Gnomes. Conversely, their slavers are rightly referred to as Duergar and not Dwarves.

Last edited by Lotus Noctus; 15/03/23 08:02 AM.
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
The Lava Elemental seems buggy. I was hoping to get rid of its Magmatic Regeneration with the Create Water spell, but that didn't work.... Further information: I lured the Lava Elemental out of the Lava Lake onto the stairs beforehand, of course.

Grym is also buggy. It says that he becomes vulnerable when hit by the forge's hammer, but he was actually immune (see log) to crushing damage, although his description said otherwise.... Also, "EMPTY" is missing the text / translation.

Here it should correctly read "Diamantenfluch" and it does not only affect the Adamantine Longsword, but all Adamantine weapons. Why is it called Diamont Curse and not Adamantine Curse anyway? What have Diamonds to do with Adamantine?

Also, here is the following bug regarding the forging of a second Adamantine item. First you have to use the lever to change the mold, and then you have to follow exactly the same order as the first time you forged the item. For example, if you first use the crucible or the mold holder by missclicking instead of first using the lever to eject the previously placed mold, the whole process will be buggy, even if you continue correctly...

By the way, once you enter the Underdark, there is a new dialogue option at Halsin, but it bothers me that after complete EA exploration, more specifically finding the Grymforge, you can't make a statement at Halsin to inform him about it in response.

Last edited by Lotus Noctus; 15/03/23 08:52 AM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard