Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#847583 17/03/23 10:10 AM
Dmnqwk Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi,

You have a Launcher that doesn't make much sense. I clicked to launch DOS2, but if I click on the BG3 game which for some reason is listed on this launcher... I can't play it without closing the launcher and clicking bg3 instead.. what gives?

Why have a launcher that doesn't actually launch multiple products - seems redundant and very much designed just to create hostility towards the company.

Regards,
Someone puzzled by a launcher with three games visible, but two of them will never ever EVER work from the launcher unless you close it down then try to run the game which will then invalidate the purpose of the launcher.

Dmnqwk #847603 17/03/23 02:57 PM
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Sounds like you have a bug as the launcher works fine for me, and I don’t recall any other recent reports of problems.

Is your game fully up-to-date? You could perhaps try verifying your game files. And mods could perhaps cause a problem.

If you can supply a few more details about what exactly is happening (or what you are trying that is leading to nothing happening if you’re not getting any error messages!) then I can perhaps move this to the technical issues and bugs part of the forum.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
Dmnqwk #847620 17/03/23 07:10 PM
apprentice
apprentice
The launcher....

While it's very functional and offers options such as choosing between Vulkan and Dx11, it can be a problem for you because it uses unnecessary processing power.

In my case, I prefer to use a direct shortcut to the Dx11 option, which is more stable for me.

Even that way I can't avoiding opening the launcher and closing it every time, just to save some resources.

But overall, the launcher is doing a great job in opening the game. 0 problems with that here

Dmnqwk #847627 17/03/23 09:52 PM
veteran
veteran
willing to bet they are cross platform... sounds like it
i.e, for example BG3 on Gog and DOS2 on Steam or off line installers... that means the launcher has more than 1 account which is something Larian didn't allow for

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.

Link Copied to Clipboard