Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
D
I've just finished a playthrough where I tried to romance Astarion. It went well, and I had very high relation with him before camp party. At the camp party, I choose him to bed with, and saw and asked him abt his back in the morning after scene.

But that was it. No other scene would ever follow, and I have done every single quest and killed every single enemy there is to kill in the EA in that playthrough.

Asking someone who had posted a vid about the scenes in his romance scenes past what I got, I learned two things:

1. Apparently, there is a necessary trigger to advance his romance beyond that first sex scene: You need to have become a True Soul.
2. Game mechanics will often have Shadowheart override Astarion in dialogue triggers.

So... there isn't excatly much/any clue from Astarion that you need to become a True Soul to advance the romance. And at that stage of the game, there will usually only be a single, remaining option to use the tadpole (dialogue) power in the Underdark.
Yet the way he talks to the PC in camp, doesn't indicate he is disinterested. Hope that can change.

As for companions overriding each other's dialogue... Larian, if you could just stop that entirely, especially when it comes to approval-giving/taking dialogue. And camp dialogue just mustn't be overriden.

Last edited by Demothios; 17/03/23 04:16 PM.

"Tribe?"
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
I’m not sure I understand the point about needing to become a true soul. It sounds to me as though you’ve just exhausted the romance content in EA but I’m sure there’ll be more in the full release, whatever options we pick with respect to the tadpole.

Regarding overwriting conversation triggers, I agree that’s an issue and it’s one that has been mentioned here multiple times. Larian have obviously decided they’re not going to rework this for EA but we’ll have to keep our fingers crossed they’ve been listening and we’ll see this addressed in August when the game comes out properly.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
D
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
D
The YouTube video creator who posted the Astarion romance vid responded that she had tested it without doing enough tadpole checks to become truesoul, so I trust that it's correct. The vid in question is of a stage on Astarions romance that is in the game, and that players *can* experience. Under the right circumstances, that is.

*Why* it needs that trigger, though... meh, best story explanation is probably that Astarion likes exploring those tadpole powers, but there's just no hint at all that it will prevent romance progression beyond the camp party, if not a true soul.

And yeah, I'm slightly worried they haven't given any indication that they're working on the conversation triggers and companions overriding each other. I did hear about this issue in other contexts earlier, after all. But yeah, fingers crossed.

"Tribe?"

Link Copied to Clipboard