Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
E
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
E
There is a hard coded shortcut to "Add to Wares" using (Left) Shift + Left Click on an item in inventory. It would be nice to be able to assign this function to a custom keybind.

It would also be nice to have a keybind for "Send to Camp" instead of Right Click -> Context Menu -> Click Send to Camp on every individual item.

V
stranger
stranger
V
I'll second this. A shortcut for sending to camp would be awesome. Also, when you´re at the camp, the auto select camp supplies when resting should automatically get the needed supplies from the camp supply, a big QoL improvement smile

veteran
veteran
On a side note, it may be somewhat "meta-gamey", but when the ONLY purpose of an item is to be sold for money (so called "vendor trash") it would be nice if the game would mark it as "Wares" automatically.
Pathfinder does this (in a slightly different form) and it's a significant QoL improvement when it comes to inventory management. Especially i ngames like this where your inventory tends to become relatively messy relatively quickly...

Last edited by Tuco; 12/07/22 09:19 AM.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by eventHandler
There is a hard coded shortcut to "Add to Wares" using (Left) Shift + Left Click on an item in inventory. It would be nice to be able to assign this function to a custom keybind.

It would also be nice to have a keybind for "Send to Camp" instead of Right Click -> Context Menu -> Click Send to Camp on every individual item.

+1

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Vanmakt
Also, when you´re at the camp, the auto select camp supplies when resting should automatically get the needed supplies from the camp supply, a big QoL improvement smile
+1

Originally Posted by Tuco
On a side note, it may be somewhat "meta-gamey", but when the ONLY purpose of an item is to be sold for money (so called "vendor trash") it would be nice if the game would mark it as "Wares" automatically.
+1

E
stranger
stranger
E
Seconded. It might also be a good idea to change the mouse cursor according to whether the keys for "send to camp" or "add to wares" are currently pressed while inventory is open.

veteran
veteran
I believe this is intentional ...
In my honest opinion "Send to Camp" is supposed to be QoL feature, so player dont have to teleport in and out every single time he "forgets" to store something. laugh

Not unlimited inventory, where you put everything you find so you can sell it later. wink

Originally Posted by Tuco
when the ONLY purpose of an item is to be sold for money (so called "vendor trash") it would be nice if the game would mark it as "Wares" automatically.
I would also appreciate, if the game would remember what did you marked as "wares" and keep making it automaticaly aswell ...

I mean, if i sold 15 Leather Armours ... i would say that there is pretty good change that i would like to sell that one i just looted aswell. :-/

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
stranger
stranger
+1

S
stranger
stranger
S
Seconded.

addict
addict
+1

addict
addict
+1
( a Thumbs Up option/icon on these forums would be sweet. It seems to be called "Topic Ratings" in the Ubb Threads system.)

apprentice
apprentice
+1!
Look, I'm here too LOL!
Honestly, in this game, the inventory is a big challenge for me...

It's too messy and there are too many disposable items.

Every day, I convince myself that, on the release, they will give some use to forks, glasses, skulls, and trinkets that we only use to sell for 1-5GP

But it wouldn't be my priority for implementation.

In this aspect, I believe that Larian is quite concerned about the UI and has been working hard on it, so we will definitely have news regarding inventory management.

stranger
stranger

...or add the possibility to tag multiple objects and then "send to camp" / add to wares / sind to companion XY.

And if that is not possible, and if i really have to use the Right Click Menu, please ensure, that said options "send to camp" / add to wares / send to whomever are always at the same spot!

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by pipboy2000

...or add the possibility to tag multiple objects and then "send to camp" / add to wares / sind to companion XY.

And if that is not possible, and if i really have to use the Right Click Menu, please ensure, that said options "send to camp" / add to wares / send to whomever are always at the same spot!

+1

addict
addict
Send to camp should go. It is stupid.

veteran
veteran
Not even nearly ... as demanding removal of feature you can easily ignore imho. :-/

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 07/04/23 08:31 PM.

veteran
veteran
You can't really "easily ignore" features that heavily affect the way you interface with a game, but this is a 20-years old argument at least, at this point.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
veteran
veteran
Sure you can ...
I keep ignoring it every playtrough, and i have almost 2000h played. O_o

Maybe you should try it before you call it impossible?

I dunno, this just seems weird to me, and i happily admit that i just cant understand it ...
I dont like to play Fighter > therefore i dont play Fighter ... and im happy ... why demand deleting Fighter to everyone? That just dont make any sense to me.
Same story with lots of other optional features ...

I get that people dont like potion throwing, bonus action shove, high ground advantage (when that was still a thing), omnipresent AoE from bombs or acid vials, or jump across whole AoE effect ... bcs no matter what NPCs will keep doing those things ... there is no way to escape it.

But im just physicaly unable to understand how someone can be bothered by something they have to do on puporse ... like using fast travel from certain places, learning spells from scrolls that dont belong to your class, using scrolls with non-caster classes, throwing potions with different than healing effects on your whole party, acessing other characters inventory, using "send to camp" button ... and many more.
None of it can be done accidentaly ... none of it can be used by NPCs ... all of it can be avoided (and i know bcs i tryed, unlike others) ...
So how exactly can any of it bother anyone?

This is model example of standing in fire and complaining on that it hurts.

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 07/04/23 08:46 PM.

veteran
Online Content
veteran
For me, part of it is honestly the principle of the thing. You named six different mechanics there. Add onto that all the ones you named that can't be easily avoided that's at least ten mechanics that just entirely break verisimilitude. Not to mention things like changes to how certain spells work, stealth, etc. I don't think these mechanics individually are all that problematic, as I've said before. Hell, I'm fully in favor of fast travel, I have no problems with it beyond Larian not even trying to give the teleportation circles in-game explanation when that would make them more interesting. But taken as a whole it all feels... sloppy and careless. Like they really don't care about the ruleset or consistency, and that sense of carelessness is gonna irk folks. Another aspect of it is that there are so many ways to give yourself advantages that it reaches a point where if you choose not to, then you start losing the satisfaction of playing the game. Because if you lose, it's not because you weren't good enough, it's because you're actively choosing not to use any of the many tools the game provides you with. You're not playing against the game anymore, you're playing against yourself.

And yet another thing to consider is that people care about the setting, and most of these mechanics break the setting for no other reason than because Larian thinks it'd be fun or funny. Even if they don't ever use the mechanics themselves, they know that the game world is fundamentally broken. It doesn't matter if they never use the mechanics, they know the mechanics are there and the world is shallower as a result because it allows for those mechanics.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Gray Ghost
Another aspect of it is that there are so many ways to give yourself advantages that it reaches a point where if you choose not to, then you start losing the satisfaction of playing the game.
Why?
And i mean it ...

If there is something you dont like about the game ... pick any mechanic that i listed in "can be avoided" part ... and try to tell me where is difference?

How is that possible that if you simply decide not to do something you dont want to do ... you loose satisfaction of playing the game.
But if the game will not allow you do the exact same thing ... you gain satisfaction of playing the game?

While not doing it, and not being able to do it ... is exactly the same?

Take Wizard scrolls for example ...
You dont learn non-Wizard spells from scrolls ... so you only have Wizard spells.
VS.
You cant learn non-Wizard spells from scrolls ... so you only have Wizard spells.

How is that even different? O_o

Because if you lose, it's not because you weren't good enough, it's because you're actively choosing not to use any of the many tools the game provides you with.
I just have to ask, is this just an argument, or did you really experienced that?
Have you ever loose any combat and said to yourself "ok, this is entirely on them, i did everything perfectly and there was nothing i could do" ?

You know why i ask this way right?

Its bcs it was said countless times in the past that "this game is build around gimmics and cheese" ... wich is simply not true.
As long as the game can be completed without any exploit (and it can), you dont need them ... if you dont need them, there is no way it would be "build around them" ...
Its just easy button, not basic package ... that is just in our heads, people around here are often so hard focused on all those exploits, they cant even think about any combat encounter without them, but that is not game fault. :-/

Also ... there is RNG ... if you keep rolling low on hit or damage, there is not really much you can do about it.

And yet another thing to consider is that people care about the setting, and most of these mechanics break the setting for no other reason than because Larian thinks it'd be fun or funny. Even if they don't ever use the mechanics themselves, they know that the game world is fundamentally broken.
This is just mindset ... and quite broken itself i must say. :-/

I mean ... there is way to ignore it, you just choose not to ... you can also mod it away, if it bothers you so much (Maximuuus started with that and it seems like he is quite happy with his progress), you just choose not to ... and yet, neither seems sufficient.

I dont really know how else to say it, but it feels like there is some fundamental error in play here, that just dont allow some people to allow others have their fun.
Can i be honest for a while?
The only argument that really make some logical sense, even tho its ridiculous ... is that people are just pissed that someone else had something that took them lots of effort easier.
Simple, basic, human jealousy. -_-
And that makes me sad panda.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard