Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
A
So when i create my own tav, and then my own love interest, i create a perfect replica of myself. The only person i love is myself ... it would be nice if Larian where to program in some funny dialogue that occurs in such a scenerio. Here is what i would want to hear them say.... not sure, i am not a writer. Maybe copy the scene from garfield a tale of two kitties, and have us dance around one another?

In general thou, does anyone else do this? Please tell me i am not the only one who does this? I think its funny, albeit a bit immature.

veteran
veteran
Allways ...
But i dont see it as "the only one i really love is myself" ... i see it as introspective dialogue with my dark self, that tryes to seduce me onto dark path of selfishness. smile

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
I
journeyman
journeyman
I
I have a theory about Gale, that it was never Mystra who spoke to him and so on, but it was himself spoke to him and did things. So, Gale was in love with himself, a replica of Gale, via magic or some sort of mental disorder.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by AusarViled
The only person i love is myself

If you're doing it because you're just being funny/roleplaying, no it's not weird. If you're being honest, then yes, it's weird.

W
W
Originally Posted by Boblawblah
The only person i love is myself

If you're doing it because you're just being funny/roleplaying, no it's not weird. If you're being honest, then yes, it's weird.
Even weird enough to contemplate seeking some counceling. Or get into management training.

veteran
veteran
Someone watched too much of "Loki".

veteran
veteran
So when i create my own tav, and then my own love interest, i create a perfect replica of myself. The only person i love is myself ... it would be nice if Larian where to program in some funny dialogue that occurs in such a scenerio. Here is what i would want to hear them say.... not sure, i am not a writer. Maybe copy the scene from garfield a tale of two kitties, and have us dance around one another?

In general thou, does anyone else do this? Please tell me i am not the only one who does this? I think its funny, albeit a bit immature.

I love it! Especially if you are also roleplaying a narcissistic personality. I'd love to hear more about how this affects your playstyle. Do you take a darker route like Nere, or is more a Gale kind of Narcissism?

If you are good does the source of that good come from what other people may think of you rather than a true need to be virtuous?

Blackheifer
A
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
A
Break down on how it could be done in bg3.

Good/ lawful. A Paladin/ cleric as they often are not allowed intimate contact with others. A Paladin may love them selves as a way to experience pleasure without breaking their oath or contact with a diety. They use their ability to wish in hollow versions of themselves. No free will, walking puppets

Evil / lawful. A Warlock, creates a pact with a devil to bring a more powerful version of themselves to life. The devil is identical visually but opposite gender. You conceive yourself with the devil, lorewise it's female as I rp as a guy. The devil, feeds on your soul by passionate kissing, then smothering you in flames. This kills the soul of the baby by replacing it.

Chaotic Evil. A Rogue worshiping scothbenoth. Prays to God of perversion to make Iomedae <homebrew> or faeurun mad, and also anger the goddess of love. Scothbenoth takes your form and you do everything NSFW under the sun. You gain some powers, maybe a +10 to charisma

... would not say it's for egoism. In history there been cases of identical twins of opposing genders, falling in love and having kids. It's really weird, so it makes a fun rp for a game. Albeit it's much crazier then the tav mintharia romance lmao

Last edited by AusarViled; 19/03/23 04:39 PM. Reason: Spelling errors
veteran
veteran
Break down on how it could be done in bg3.

Good/ lawful. A Paladin/ cleric as they often are not allowed intimate contact with others. A Paladin may love them selves as a way to experience pleasure without breaking their oath or contact with a diety. They use their ability to wish in hollow versions of themselves. No free will, walking puppets

Paladin's/Cleric's are not celibate in 5e*.

*Just the people that play them. (Kidding, I love playing a Cleric)

Blackheifer
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
So when i create my own tav, and then my own love interest, i create a perfect replica of myself.

I’m interested that you seem to see what we’re doing here as creating a love interest and then romancing them. If you are indeed talking about creating the dream visitor’s appearance rather than a custom party member?

The way I see it is that we’re telling the game up front what our character finds appealing, so that it can later show whatever power it is visiting us in our dreams taking on that shape to mess with our heads.

When I do this part of the CC sometimes I head canon it as someone that the character is actually in a relationship with (pre kidnap), or an ex, or a lover who had died, or some other real person they know, and other times I think of it as not being a real person the character knows but just representing the type of person they might find attractive. I’ve never just created a copy of my Tav but I could totally see that being a valid and interesting choice for a character I might want to play. But in each case, I think whoever is visiting us in the dreams is the same being, just wearing whatever face we have told the game our character would find most appealing.

Or perhaps you see it that way too, and I’m just reading too much into what you’ve said about romancing the character you create?

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
S
old hand
old hand
S
My mother once had a budgie, which she mistakingly kept alone.

It fell in love with a reflective bell.

His beloved wife.

I admit, I also had more fun creating two custom characters that would romance each other. Naturally, they were what I'd consider attractive. Makes it easier to play in my mind cinema with, get immersed in their backstory, no?

With, for some people, not particularly compelling companions as of the moment... making Tav in love with you, as you are in love with Tav... 1000 IQ move :P

Unless, Tav is also you. In that case I'd like to study you! Seeing yourself in the other, as they themselves in you, Ah ... Is the "other" nothing but a middle man to self love? The angst. The Drama. The selfcest.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Blackheifer
Do you take a darker route like Nere, or is more a Gale kind of Narcissism?
I just want to say that this sentence lead me to realizing that all our followers are Narcissists ... O_o
EVERY - SINGLE - ONE OF THEM!

---

//Edit:
Also, since we are talking about being weird ...
Was it weird when i created Drow, and tryed to create her Deep Gnome duplicate as dream person and called her "mini me" all the time in my head? laugh

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 19/03/23 05:50 PM.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Was it weird when i created Drow, and tryed to create her Deep Gnome duplicate as dream person and called her "mini me" all the time in my head? laugh

See THAT is funny.

old hand
old hand
Also, since we are talking about being weird ...

It's only a sign that you watch sequels of movies too often. groovy

old hand
old hand
so you want to be able to go fuck yourself?

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Ussnorway
[Linked Image from cdn.discordapp.com]

W
veteran
veteran
W

I don’t get it. Are the orc and the furry the same person?

veteran
veteran
Yup, Vulpera is alt from future. smile
Or Orc is alt from the past. laugh

A
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
A
I was going to say for me its my blood elf named *sexia* blood elf monk <good with her hands> making love with her newest version, *sexiest* a dracthyr evoker.

Or my male dracthyr named* baphomett* making out with my alt night elf demon hunter. Yes they look identical-ish. I do this rp quite often. I play on Dalaran should tell you enough about me.

veteran
veteran
[Linked Image from media.tenor.com]

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard