Next Thread
Print Thread
H
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
H
Hi,

As a newcomer to D&D I regularly forget that I've used a spell that requires Concentration, and that using another will immediately break Concentration for the first one. Is there a possibility to include a toggle in Settings that pops up a message asking if you want to break Concentration to use the spell/ability/whatever you were going to use, with Yes/No options? I know not everyone would like that, hence the toggle in Settings/Accessibility idea, but for me it would make it easier to avoid making careless and annoying mistakes.

veteran
veteran
+1; good suggestion.

I'll hijack this thread to also advocate for a single-action "undo" button (ideally for actions that don't involve rolls).
- You move slightly too far and can no longer target a creature with some spell? Undo that move, as long as you didn't provoke any AoOs along the way.
- You accidentally click an icon that uses up a resource you don't want to use? Undo.
- You cast a spell that cancels your previous concentration spell? Undo.

Basically, this would cover all situations where in tabletop you'd say to the GM: "Oh, I didn't realize that would work that way. Can I do this instead?" along with fixing the accidental button presses that can ~only happen in video games.
- E.g., in Solasta I'll often click the "swap equipped weapons" button, and then realize I actually want to use an inventory item, but can't because I've used my free item-interaction for the turn. However, as I haven't actually used my swapped weapon yet, imo it's reasonable for me to undo the swap.

This would obviously be more work than a dedicated Concentration-related-warning, but it's in a similar category of player-friendly mistake-fixing tools.

enthusiast
enthusiast
if that is implemented correctly it would surely help. Especially since you end the turn of your character by pressing "end turn". Theoretically you could undo everything your char did (even though i tihnk that eould be too much). Undo move would be really good since it happens pretty often that i want to do something like casting a spell, move closer and am still not in range.

But do open a separate thread for that topic. Removing shove is too important for adding something else to this one :P.

Link Copied to Clipboard