Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
I
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I
With 16 Wisdom, SHILLELAGH should be doing a minimum of 4 points of damage. It is repeatedly only doing 1 point of damage against mundane enemies (goblins). Please advise/fix.

old hand
old hand
all correct at my end
obviously the first thing you need to check is that you do in fact still have it active as it only lasts 10 turns

[Linked Image from gog.com]

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.
Z
addict
addict
Z
If you use it in off hand than it's not a bug.
It should not add the wisdom modifyer to the damage in off hand.
Out of that i never saw this bug in a not modded game and I played sooooooo much.

Last edited by ZOZO1006; 23/03/23 02:11 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by ZOZO1006
If you use it in off hand than it's not a bug.
It should not add the wisdom modifyer to the damage in off hand.
Out of that i never saw this bug in a not modded game and I played sooooooo much.

So if you do a ranger Dual Wielder with 4th level Druid Initiate and grab Shillelagh can you then have it in off-hand and have the wisdom bonus?

Blackheifer
old hand
old hand
it makes your weapon a magic [blunt] weapon that rolls Wisdom to hit instead of Str or Dex... in the early builds is was consentration which broke every combat so Larian changed it to 10 turns the same as invis [many other effects]

now it also follows other combat rules so you get extra damage for 2handed and yes you can carry in the off hand... personally i think Larian just fucked up their text when they made the change as the point of the spell is to get Wisdom to hit not Wisdom to damage but a build that doesn't have either Str or Dex is very uncommon anyway

C
journeyman
journeyman
C
Originally Posted by Ussnorway
it makes your weapon a magic [blunt] weapon that rolls Wisdom to hit instead of Str or Dex... in the early builds is was consentration which broke every combat so Larian changed it to 10 turns the same as invis [many other effects]

now it also follows other combat rules so you get extra damage for 2handed and yes you can carry in the off hand... personally i think Larian just fucked up their text when they made the change as the point of the spell is to get Wisdom to hit not Wisdom to damage but a build that doesn't have either Str or Dex is very uncommon anyway
I do not know if I undertood correctly. But point of Shillelagh is to get spellcasting modifier to hit and damage both.

We are all heroes, you and Boo and I! Hamsters and rangers everywhere, rejoice!
old hand
old hand
in D&D Shillelagh allows a Wisdom Druid to still fight in combat but this game doesn't really have a pure Wisdom build so it doesn't matter

i took a look at the code and see Larian made a mistake... results depend on base weapon but i found a way to cheat with off hand weapons

first the base weapon with-out spell buff active

then the same weapon with the spell buff

and last one is with a crit hit

there are other mistakes but the point is Larian says the spell should make a weapon that does D4... which is total bullshit because they 'assumed' a base club when they made the text and there are at least 3 other weapons that can be used with this spell

Last edited by Ussnorway; 25/03/23 11:10 AM.

L
addict
addict
L
This is the relevent part of the code:
data "Boosts" "WeaponProperty(Magical);WeaponDamageDieOverride(1d8);WeaponAttackRollAbilityOverride(SpellCastingAbility);Attribute(InventoryBound)"

So all wpns do 1d8 and use spellcasting modifier for attack and dmg rolls. If the wpn is used in the offhand (without the fighting style) you dont get stat modifier in damage bonus.

old hand
old hand
1st the spell checks you have a blunt weapon equipped or you can't cast it unlike say 'light' which only needs a target you can see

2nd the weapon is now bound for the next 10 turns i.e, you can't drop it [you can still put it in bags as a work around]... making enemy fighters at a disadvantage because you can make them drop their weapons

a sample half high-elf Druid str 10, dex 10, intel 13, Wis 16 and con or charisma gets the rest

not accounting things like high ground, fairy fire [advantage] poison or electrical damage this sad Druid takes a touch in each hand then outfights rangers or fighters with magic weapons in melee... doing 4D8 + 3 V_=50% of the time

the question isn't does the code work so much as; is this really what should be happening? only Larian knows for sure what they expected but we know other weapons don't work this well

Link Copied to Clipboard