Print Thread
U
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
U
Shadowheart died during
the fight with the minotaurs in the Underdark
, and when I tried to use a Scroll of Revivify on her, it said "Target Blocked" even though my character was literally right next to her body.

N
stranger
stranger
N
I've experienced this as well, multiple times in multiple locations. Usually it's in the overworld map, not dungeons. Several times the target character had sunk into the ground, other times they were out in the open. Very frustrating.

S
stranger
stranger
S
I also had this problem recently. My party member was dead at the shore. I believe they were "underwater" so blocked by the water. No way to get passed it. Reload.

T
stranger
stranger
T
Still occurring. This is more than just slightly annoying, and it happens far too often. It also doesn't just happen for revivify, it also occurs when someone is down mid combat and you want to target them for healing. This has occurred both within dungeons and outside in seemingly open terrain. It is a game breaking bug imo.

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
I’ll agree that it’s a bit irritating though if I’m understanding your problem right I don’t notice it all that much, except when a big foe dies on top of things. I think if you can’t actually target the party member sprite because other stuff is in the way, you should be able to target the character portrait either over on the left, or in the combat queue if you’re in battle. And then for revivify once you’ve managed to select your target then can click on any area of clear ground to have them resurrected on, as you probably know.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
L
addict
addict
L
^^
You could also try shoving them, repelling blast etc the body to a better area.
I cant remember the last time this happended in a playthough.
also try from a different angle.

The only time I see this is when I forget that I have to target twice to revivify. After hundreds of hours of play, I STILL forget that I have to target the body, then target clear ground. I usually click the body, then nothing happens, so I click the body again, and I get the blocked message.
Or click the character icon, then try clicking it again. Same message.

Also, I thought you could go to camp after a character died and then you could talk to Withers for a resurrection, even if the character wasn't travelling to camp with you, no?

veteran
veteran
It's far more common in multiplayer than single and the work around is to rez them at your camp for 200 coins

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.
O
stranger
stranger
O
Ooh. I had that issue too. had to move around the downed character a few times before I could target him with the effect.

but hey things happens. I have had worse glitches while playing video games. In the scheme of things its irritating but manageable. I find the lack of reliable auto saves more frustrating. nothing like transitioning into an area and being ambushed without a save before triggering the transition.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by iBowfish
The only time I see this is when I forget that I have to target twice to revivify. After hundreds of hours of play, I STILL forget that I have to target the body, then target clear ground. I usually click the body, then nothing happens, so I click the body again, and I get the blocked message.
Or click the character icon, then try clicking it again. Same message.

Also, I thought you could go to camp after a character died and then you could talk to Withers for a resurrection, even if the character wasn't travelling to camp with you, no?

This is probably the cause in most cases where players are experiencing issues.

T
stranger
stranger
T
I had yesterday this problem and found a Video.

Link Copied to Clipboard