Next Thread
Print Thread
#848242 27/03/23 07:20 PM
V
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
V
I hope Larian will answer this soon as I know I am not the only one that wants this feature. Taking your character to different games or making them a companion on multiple play throughs or magic item trades for new characters. It’s literally the only thing holding me back from buy this on PS5. I refuse to give Larian money if they do not include this feature.

Please don’t comment if all you’re going to say is “but that makes the game easier”. I do not care. It’s a video game. This is a feature you don’t have to use or allow people in your games if they use it. BG 1&2 had this and it was one of the best parts of the game.

veteran
veteran
Well, actually in the multiplayer community this is one of our big asks. Especially if you want to run a group of characters/players through multiple campaigns (once more campaigns become available). Bg3 is set up to accept fan-made or additional DLC games on the engine so it's not unreasonable to look at the next step of being able to do exactly that.

+ 1

Blackheifer
L
addict
addict
L
It would be great to take your characters into other player games. Did i hear Larian say they would implement this? No. Do i think it will be available with 1.0? Definitely not.

I would atleast like the option to save your character in character creation. Then if you join a MP game you can just select this character to use in their game.

P
addict
Online Content
addict
P
I'd love it if they gave us the ability to save or export characters, but the feature I would like even more is the ability to either pre-make lvl1 characters, or save a lvl1 copy of your character when you start a new game.

The wait for everyone to be done making their character in multiplayer is very lengthy, at least it is with me and my friends. This would help stop that.

Piff #848261 28/03/23 10:20 AM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Piff
I'd love it if they gave us the ability to save or export characters, but the feature I would like even more is the ability to either pre-make lvl1 characters, or save a lvl1 copy of your character when you start a new game.

The wait for everyone to be done making their character in multiplayer is very lengthy, at least it is with me and my friends. This would help stop that.
+1

S
old hand
old hand
S
It doesn't even sound like much work, it would just require to take the data structure of the character, encode it, output it to a file or a string of text and add a field to import it back. Probably a day or two from a single competent developer.

old hand
old hand

Piff #848399 02/04/23 01:30 PM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Piff

Solasta has that feature, I think. Being able to pre-create a level 1 character seems feasible and reasonable, although personally I'd put many other fixes or features ahead of it.

O
stranger
stranger
O
There are so many things about character creation and party structure in this game that are questionable that I just shake my head and accept the lack of choice inherent in the system.

Why can't I roll dice for ability scores? Why can't I really nerf one ability to make another really good. If I was sitting at a table and rolled one of those characters I would be rerolling in a heart beat. It's my game and I should be able to min max if I want to.

Not being able to build a powerhouse party or a group of less than optimal companions detracts from my enjoyment of the game in many ways. I also have very little use for the npcs I'm forced to use. Sure they have story beats that advance the plot but you know after trying to replay the game, I find the story detracts from the replay value. The original games (BG I & II) did this too but at least I could make a solo multiplayer play through and skip all the tedious infighting and power plays of the plot characters, especially the back stabbing and arguments amongst the rest of the group.

This might be a tad off topic, but these things tend to affect each other and I feel the need to vent my feelings on the subject.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by ovelteen
The original games (BG I & II) did this too but at least I could make a solo multiplayer play through and skip all the tedious infighting and power plays of the plot characters,
BG3 still allows for it, but it's rather tedious. You need to launch 4 seperate instances of BG3, host game with one, and join in with the others. Create your characters, start the game, make a save, quite with three accounts - and vualá! You have 4 customs. If you create party that way, you won't be able to dismiss your party members as they are all player characters.

Last edited by Wormerine; 04/04/23 09:09 AM.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard