Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
veteran
veteran
Would indeed steer clear of blatant spoilers. There's really no reason to not be considerate.

F
addict
addict
F
And yet you didn’t call out Blackheifer’s spoilers which are still there.

Care to explain?

O
OcO Offline
enthusiast
enthusiast
O
No spoilers...but pudgy dragon just might be the cutest horrifying terror I've ever seen.

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I didn’t think those were spoilers - too vague - but I can’t edit it at this point.

Blackheifer
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by FreeTheSlaves

Care to explain?

Originally Posted by Blackheifer
I didn’t think those were spoilers - too vague - but I can’t edit it at this point.

I’m not seeing anything I’d consider specific enough to be a spoiler in Blackheifer’s posts either, but if you can link to the post(s) you think are problematic, @FreeTheSlaves, then I can pop spoiler tags round that content too.

EDIT: I think I’ve realised which post FreeTheSlaves must have meant (and that their post was in response to it). I have not seen the film yet so don’t know how much of a spoiler talking about Sofina is (or indeed who Sofina is), but I’ll spoiler tag the specific points in Blackheifer’s post I think might be a bit tmi. @Blackheifer, I know you can’t edit the post any more as it’s time limited, but PM me if you want any further changes to what I’ve done.

Last edited by The Red Queen; 05/04/23 11:44 AM.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
veteran
Online Content
veteran
Having read the post myself, there weren't just vague, they were contextless word salad that barely made sense.

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by Gray Ghost
Having read the post myself, there weren't just vague, they were contextless word salad that barely made sense.

Ouch!

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
veteran
Online Content
veteran
I didn't mean it as an insult or anything. Just that without any knowledge of the movie, I don't think the post could be a spoiler because it doesn't convey information that means anything without context. It would be like saying "the diary was a horcrux" to someone who had only read the first Harry Potter book. Yes it is a spoiler technically, but without knowing what a horcrux is or what diary is being spoken of, it doesn't reveal anything.

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by Gray Ghost

Ha!

I mean that's what I was going for so thank you!

Originally Posted by The Red Queen
Originally Posted by FreeTheSlaves

Care to explain?

Originally Posted by Blackheifer

I’m not seeing anything I’d consider specific enough to be a spoiler in Blackheifer’s posts either, but if you can link to the post(s) you think are problematic, @FreeTheSlaves, then I can pop spoiler tags round that content too.

EDIT: I think I’ve realised which post FreeTheSlaves must have meant (and that their post was in response to it). I have not seen the film yet so don’t know how much of a spoiler talking about Sofina is (or indeed who Sofina is), but I’ll spoiler tag the specific points in Blackheifer’s post I think might be a bit tmi. @Blackheifer, I know you can’t edit the post any more as it’s time limited, but PM me if you want any further changes to what I’ve done.

I don't think anything I put qualified as a spoiler either but I appreciate you doing that.

What we need is a thread in the other channel to discuss spoilers, maybe in a week or so.

Blackheifer
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I don't think this needs a spoiler tag but it solves the problem of Edgin's Lute used as a weapon.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Whew, ok, that was keeping me up at night. Would be funny if this made it into the game.

Blackheifer
I've seen em all and they all sucked.

THIS movie was everything that I wanted in a D&D movie. I saw it with family and friends.

I rate it a 9/10.

GO SEE IT WITH FAMILY & FRIENDS!!

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Its been out a week and the reviews are solid both on audience side and the critics.

Rotten Tomatoes 90% and 94% for audience
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/dungeons_and_dragons_honor_among_thieves

It has a 72 Metascore on metacritic, which is very good.

Originally Posted by Commodore_Tyrs
I've seen em all and they all sucked.

Yeah, they really did.

I think it helped that the Directors - John Francis Daley and Jonathan M. Goldstein are both DMs - and that they made sure to include comedic aspects to the story.

Every successful D&D Media has had comedy as part of the storytelling process. Can't wait for the sequel.

Blackheifer
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
For the second time today, ban evasion is not acceptable on these forums. Alt accounts will be banned with immediate effect and posts from those accounts are subject to deletion at moderator discretion. Which has happened here, so unless you happened to spot the offending posts before they were removed, this warning will lack some context!

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
So for those who have seen it, - and without any spoilers - who is your favorite character and why?

For me it's Olga The Barbarian. Michelle Rodriguez absolutely killed it in that role, she has such great physicality on screen especially for someone who is only 5' 5". They also captured the class incredibly well with the "everything is a weapon" mentality.

The fight scenes with her were so well-done, funny and brutal at the same time. Can't wait to see it again.

Blackheifer
apprentice
apprentice
It certainly appears as light-hearted fun that isn't too deep, but I haven't seen a movie analyst hyper-analyze, let's say, the scene with holga's former lover. The movie >could< be deeper than people assume. But if it's not then it's still fun.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Just seen this. Pleasantly surprised. Some BIG laughs in this one. Grinned all the way back from the theater.

- The XXL Dragon subverting your expectations......... and obiously exceeding his eating routines laugh laugh laugh
- Hugh Grant as a villain laugh
- Five Questions For The Dead laugh

The action in parts was a bit Marvel-ish, but this was good entertainment. In retrospect I'm glad that they didn't just go with a more typical epic LOTR type of fantasy movie, just set on the Sword Coast or wherever.

Last edited by Sven_; 22/04/23 09:36 PM.
veteran
veteran
I saw the movie now too. It was really good and felt like a typical D&D adventure group.
I loved the tiefling druid, since that was a concept, I was toying with for a while.
The scene with the Intellekt devourers was really funny 😁

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
W
veteran
veteran
W
I also finally got around to seeing it and enjoyed it more than I thought I would. It really nailed the feeling of D&D.

I especially love how they portrayed a Paladin. Completely badass but also utterly insufferable.

I’m bummed that the movie didn’t do better in the box office. This seems like sort of movie that would have definitely found it’s audience and earned enough money to justify a sequel back in the days of home video releases, but only pulling in $200 million in ticket sales in 2023 might prohibit another film. Really a shame.

R
R
Not doing well in the box office is a bad thing. WotC put alot strategically into it. Other than BG3 their licensing strategy has been pretty bad. I would really love to see them use the license more liberally and let many flowers bloom like Games Workshop has done with the WH license. No real short term impact on BG ,3 but less network effect and a less successful license owner can lead to less of a long term overall impact.

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by Warlocke
I also finally got around to seeing it and enjoyed it more than I thought I would. It really nailed the feeling of D&D.

I especially love how they portrayed a Paladin. Completely badass but also utterly insufferable.

I’m bummed that the movie didn’t do better in the box office. This seems like sort of movie that would have definitely found it’s audience and earned enough money to justify a sequel back in the days of home video releases, but only pulling in $200 million in ticket sales in 2023 might prohibit another film. Really a shame.

$200 Million so far with a $150 Million budget - which vastly exceeded expectations. That's just Box office - there are other tie-ins that we won't have the numbers for. They already have a series planned which Paramount+ has agreed to distribute and they are discussing a sequel or other films now in the same universe.

Also, it released 2 months ago, we have not seen home purchase sales or rentals yet (they just became available a few days ago) and it's not on any streaming service. So all told I think you can probably expect another couple hundred million out of this from everything.

Blackheifer
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard