Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 45 of 46 1 2 43 44 45 46
stranger
stranger
- The ledge you're standing on blocks targeting for stuff below you when it's Line-based targeting vs. Curve-based targeting used for arrows or Magic Missile. Frustrating, since it's usually obvious that the character just needs to stretch out their arm for the line to clear the ledge...

- Darkness Spell seems to block all targeting AND damage for big AOE effects like Fireball? If this is intended, it's contrary to 5e rules + pretty counter-intuitive

Last edited by shmeck; 19/02/23 05:01 PM.
B
B
Originally Posted by azurefrog
Bug: Boots of Striding are not granting immunity to Prone while concentrating on a spell.

Specifically my tiefling is concentrating on Legacy of Carnia: Flame Blade and has been knocked prone by the Backbreaker action from a warhammer and by the bulette so far.
They also don't grant immunity to being pushed. I was concentrating on hunters mark while wearing boots of striding and Dror Ragzlin still succesfully used "bonus action: shove" to push me into a pit.

S
stranger
stranger
S
A (bug? glitch? freeze?) happened when I activated the mimic trap in Grymforge. I interracted with the first mimic and suddenly black speech bubbles appeared above the entire party + the first mimic and nothing more happened. Idle animations still played so it wasn't a "freeze" freeze, but I couldn't interract with anything and had to reload my save. When I reloaded the black speech bubbles appeared again for some reason, but this time the game was playable.

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by Stormhawke
A (bug? glitch? freeze?) happened when I activated the mimic trap in Grymforge. I interracted with the first mimic and suddenly black speech bubbles appeared above the entire party + the first mimic and nothing more happened. Idle animations still played so it wasn't a "freeze" freeze, but I couldn't interract with anything and had to reload my save. When I reloaded the black speech bubbles appeared again for some reason, but this time the game was playable.

Sounds like this issue, possibly related to a missing line of dialogue or as yet unimplemented cutscene. If so, pressing space one or more times to skip past whatever’s missing works around the issue.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
G
apprentice
apprentice
G
There are a couple of instances where the game skips over a cutscene that's meant to be there and puts you right into combat.

If you let Astarion open the barn door instead of opening it yourself, the new dialogue scene with the bugbear and ogre doesn't play. Combat just starts.

And after the goblins drink the poisoned ale at their camp the scene where you can convince them it wasn't you doesn't play. You're just forced into combat.

A friend of mine tested it and it's the same for them.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Gale has not been in my party yet in this playthrough, but he is waiting at camp.

He hasn't told my character about his condition yet, but after a couple of long rests, he had an exclamation mark, and out of the blue, he told my character that he is in dire need of magic to consume, and asked her for a magic artefact (I had the Sword of Justice in my inventory).

The initial dialogue, where he explains his situation, was entirely missing for me.

(It reinforced my sorcerer's suspicion that wizards are weird 😄)

K
stranger
stranger
K
So i have found some small issues about gameplay, hope it's the place to talk about it smile

1. Mission about helping Volo to escape. As fast as i entered the goblin fort i talked with Gribbo "owner of Volo" and i get the key for the cage where Volo suppose to be. Problem is... Volo isn't in fort i guess, i searched whole camp and i didn't found him. Internet said he suppose to be in "bone cage" in one of 3 rooms behinde Gribbo. Cage is empty. Quest journal says that i freed Volo and i'm going to meet him in camp but there is no Volo in camp, looks like he didn't spawn in this cage smirk EDIT: After we free Halsin and kill all goblin leaders he appears in camp.

2. Aunt Ethel house. After some small talk with our sweet aunt Ethel i were walking a lot in her house and finally i found the secreet room behinde chimney. I walked there in sneaky mode (if thats matter) i searched whole room and there is noone, except victims of Ethel. In moment when i walked out of sneaky mode she appears in a blink of the eye aroud cauldron and force me to talk with her. After this talk she disappear as fast as she appear. I'm not sure if it suppose to be like that, looks pretty weird.

There is something weird with sneaky mode in this game anyway, game feels pretty weird when u abuse that ability, almost like cheating. For example it is possible to pass from Selunit outpost to tower with no problem, only thanks to sneaky mode, same when u are fighting some op bosses, they are weak, since u know how to use sneaky mode.

Last edited by Kozi; 14/03/23 06:51 AM. Reason: edit of 1st point
enthusiast
enthusiast
For me, there were two small issues with the quest "Get help from Auntie Ethel":
  • the quest remains still active even after I had killed Auntie Ethel. Before, I had asked her about the price we would have to pay if she were to help us, but turned down her offer (and attacked her later, to free Mayrina). My last quest log entry concerning this quest is now "Ethel named her price for helping us: one of our eyes".
  • Mayrina's model does not appear next to her husband's coffin (but she appears in the dialogue scene)

Last edited by Lyelle; 25/03/23 12:56 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
There is a little bug in the Zhentarim Hideout: I already saved Oskar when I first visited the hideout, but on a second visit, Brem, the trader, still asked me if I wanted my portrait painted, as if the painter was still there.

Edit: this bug seems to be fixed. After a crash, the game made an update, and now the portrait dialogue part is cut, only the trade option is available 🙂

Last edited by Lyelle; 26/03/23 01:03 AM.
A
stranger
stranger
A
I apologize if this is the wrong spot or if I'm supposed to have done something to see if these have already been reported.

* The attack preview for thrown weapons lists 0 damage, though the attack itself seems to do the appropriate amount. Tested with Lae'zel throwing javelins.

* When a character with Extra Attack does a regular attack (such as with a melee weapon or a bow) they're able to make a second attack, including throwing a weapon. When that same character starts out by throwing a weapon, Extra Attack does not kick in and they are not able to make a second attack. Tested with Lae'zel.

* Disadvantage from long range doesn't seem to prevent Sneak Attack. Tested with Astarion and a Rogue PC.

* I found a scroll of Feign Death which appears to have a question mark for an icon.

* Clicking on a party member's portrait (one of the ones on the left side of the screen) when attempting to throw a potion onto a friendly character just causes the current character to throw the potion at the ground behind that portrait.

* When talking to Halsin in the Goblin fortress, there were several points where the conversation didn't automatically continue after he was done saying something. Pressing the skip dialogue button allowed the conversation to continue.

* Abdirak didn't defend himself at all when I attacked him. Tested with and without talking to him first.

* When you kill all the Goblins in the exterior portion of the Goblin fortress, most of the items lying around become unowned, but not all.

* When bartering with a merchant, and I have stuff in the 'to be traded' area, switching characters removes my items from that area but not the merchant's gold they were offering.

* I ran into a situation where my main character leveled up and the inventory screen stopped including my proficiency bonus in the information it provided about my equipped ranged weapon. Unequipping and reequipping the weapon fixed the problem. This probably relates to the fact that my character was only proficient with that weapon because of the Weapon Master feat.

* The game doesn't provide a warning when you attempt to sell something a merchant doesn't have enough gold for.

* When re-entering a previously explored area, most doors appear closed even though the game considers them open and characters are able to walk through them. Interacting with the door changes it to a properly-displayed closed state, and interacting again changes it to a properly-displayed open state.

* When looting corpses after a fight, picking up an enemy's armor but then dropping it back in their inventory seems to have the looting character equip that armor, even if they were already wearing armor.

* If you have a bag open when you close your inventory, the next time you open your inventory the right-click menu for that bag will list "close" instead of "open". Selecting that option will open the bag, and then everything seems to work properly after that.

* If you're moving items from your inventory proper into a container, dragging an item near the top or bottom of your inventory will cause it to scroll (if you have enough items for it to scroll). When it stops scrolling after that, the main inventory will not scroll at all. The only solution I found was to close and re-open the inventory window.

* Gaining new abilities and having them auto-add to your hotbar doesn't seem to have anything to prevent the new abilities from replacing old ones. This happened with the upgraded jump from Fleetfingers and it replaced my off hand attack. If it matters, I had rearranged some of the abilities in there before this happened.

* I dug up a buried chest under the bridge next to the toll station, but no chest appeared. The next time I was in that area, several real-time days later, the chest had appeared and was lootable.

* I found a "Shattered Flail" which was missing an "if" in it's description.

* The Weapon Master feat's suggestions included 3 weapons my Rogue was already proficient with (Hand Crossbow, Longsword, Rapier) and one I wasn't (Greatsword).

* When dual wielding, the melee attack section of the inventory screen seems willing to display the attack bonus from one of my weapons and the damage from the other. Specifically, it seems to just pick whichever is better for each of those two categories separately.

* Hitting quickload seems to make hidden items like traps and diggable spots visible briefly.

* When I'm in turn based mode outside of combat, enemies on the edge of the visible area are able to continue moving as normal (as in, they're still in real time and not in turn-based mode).

* When looking at party members' gear in the shopping menu, items are marked as proficient or not based on the stats of the character talking to the merchant, not based on the character they're equipped on. As in, if I have a Rogue talk to a merchant, then look at Lae'zel's armor (that she's wearing), she will be listed as not being proficient with it because it's medium armor and Rogues aren't proficient with medium armor.

* The conversation after finding out Asterion is a vampire has a loop or something in it. At the final spot where the player gets to pick a dialogue option, I picked one and he responded to it. Then I was presented with that same choice again except that the option I'd picked was gone. I then had to pick the other 2 one after another (listening to his responses to each of them) in order to finish the conversation.

* Party members who are standing at the top or bottom of a ladder very often climb up/down it randomly, which then necessitates them climbing up/down again when I have my selected character walk off somewhere else.

* If you tell a party member to move up and do a ranged attack against an enemy, they don't seem to properly take obstacles into account. They will attempt to move far enough that the shot won't be blocked by the obstacle, but it often will be.

* When moving a character during combat, it's possible for the movement line to end up on one level of a building but the character moves to a spot on the next level up. Tested near the pile of boxes in the main room of the toll collector building.

Plus a few that might be bugs or they might merely be design choices I don't like:
* When you fight the gate guard at the Goblin camp, the guards' corpses are considered owned and so looting them is labeled as stealing.

* Burning spiderwebs with explosive traps in them doesn't set off the traps. Tested with the ones at the edge of the Goblin camp.

* The attack preview doesn't indicate when an attack against a sleeping target will be an automatic crit. Also, the damage shown is for a regular hit, not for the crit that the attack is guaranteed to be.

* There doesn't seem to be an explanation of how the Loading property works when examining a hand crossbow. I haven't tested this with other crossbows.

* When a party member enters combat, only the party members enemies can see enter combat with them. This allows unseen characters to move an unlimited distance during someone else's turn. It's also possible to accidentally exclude party members from a fight because you don't realize that they're not in the turn order.

* There is no warning when you're ending a turn with your action remaining.

* Sending an item to camp makes it no longer marked as 'wares.'

* Enemy perception in combat seems to be entirely limited to their vision cone. I've had Rogues that were in melee combat with an enemy run around behind that enemy, enter stealth, and then get Sneak Attack against them. Maybe give enemies in combat their vision cone plus also a circle around themselves, so a Rogue attempting that would at least need to pass a Stealth roll?

* Off hand attacks don't require that the character make a main hand attack first.

* There doesn't seem to be any way to get Sneak Attack damage on an off hand attack.

* The Prone condition doesn't give advantage on incoming melee attacks.

* The stats screen during character creation seems to default to bumping stats up to even numbers where possible, which is good, but the suggestions when increasing stats at level 4 was happy to suggest 2 bumps up to odd numbers for stats rather than suggesting +2 to one of them.

* I've seen Lae'zel automatically jump up to ledges that are high enough that she'll take falling damage from when jumping back down.

* There doesn't seem to be any way to cancel a lockpicking attempt after that screen has been opened.

* Characters stop moving when the game gets saved or when I move the mouse over an item of interest.

* When upper floors are made transparent, such as when my characters are moving under them, corpses on those upper floors don't seem to be made transparent as well.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Arkanzier
* When a character with Extra Attack does a regular attack (such as with a melee weapon or a bow) they're able to make a second attack, including throwing a weapon. When that same character starts out by throwing a weapon, Extra Attack does not kick in and they are not able to make a second attack. Tested with Lae'zel.

Yes, it should be possible the other way around, but I think as it is currently, it is intended. The same goes namely for ammo, which is otherwise completely superfluous and you'd probably only use two regular attacks.... Unfortunately, extra attack, throw action, use of special ammo etc. pp. are always their instance of an own full action and actually you can't mix them...

Last edited by Lotus Noctus; 07/04/23 09:28 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
The effect of the timmask spores seems to last a little longer than usual, or at least the audio of our party members laughing uncontrollably does. It won't stop until I took a long rest 😂

enthusiast
enthusiast
I accidentally pressed the key to highlight characters, and found out that we were followed by an invisible, headless entity while travelling in the Underdark 😂

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Edit: My mistake, this invisible model does not follow us, it keeps standing next to the "stairs":

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by Lyelle; 09/04/23 09:37 PM.
D
stranger
stranger
D
Anti-aliasing always sets itself to "none" when application is closed and then started again.

O
stranger
stranger
O
Walked into the secluded chamber and Gale just yeeted himself to the bottom of a cliff upon spawning in.

B
stranger
stranger
B
bug discovered-
Saved Volo and told him to go to my camp after killing his jailer, and then killed all 3 goblin bosses. then talking to him in camp he tells me I killed the goblins before he could study. He only mentioned me freeing him on the day after. I think this happened because I set off 2 flags? 1. killed goblin leaders, 2. freed him from jail, I think it's a bug that his dialogue triggered flag 1 first

enthusiast
enthusiast
The character leading the party kept falling through the stairs near the ochre jelly encounter at Grymforge today (my party had been in stealth mode).
I tried to reload a couple of times, but to not avail. When I tried to avoid this area by jumping to a point at the end of the stairs, the character did not fall down, but glitched through the ground and would not reappear.
Strangely enough, everything was fine yesterday.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I'm not sure if this is a bug, but my party members sometimes walk straight through puddles of acid when they are following me, even if my character walks around them.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Lyelle
The character leading the party kept falling through the stairs near the ochre jelly encounter at Grymforge today (my party had been in stealth mode).
I tried to reload a couple of times, but to not avail. When I tried to avoid this area by jumping to a point at the end of the stairs, the character did not fall down, but glitched through the ground and would not reappear.
Strangely enough, everything was fine yesterday.

I just tried it again, and now, everything is fine. I did not make any changes, and I have also been in stealth mode, just like yesterday. This is a weird bug 😄

D
stranger
stranger
D
When reloading the game in the Grymforge Campsite, everything except characters get dark.

Before loading the save:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

After loading the save:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Page 45 of 46 1 2 43 44 45 46

Link Copied to Clipboard