Print Thread
S
Stuff Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Hi everyone!
Folks, I'm having a problem here, could really use some help.
Been playing the game without a problem for some time. But as soon as I enter the Shaman's Realm by the end of the second act, the screen turns black with some objects in rainbow colors, I took a screenshot:

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Tried to load an older save, it doesn't have the problem, but as soon as I load a different cell (doesn't have to be the Shaman's Realm, a simple house at the Imp Village) it will turn the screen black too. So it appears to have corrupted everything =\.
I searched online then, apparently this is something that can happen, even with Divine Divinity (played it last year without a problem though). But the solutions I found didn't work for me, that was changing RGB to a value other than 555 and Alpha Bit to 0. Rebooting also didn't work.
I also tried running the .exe in compatibility mode with other operating systems, the only different result I got was with Windows XP, I got just a black screen, without rainbow colors, don't know if it is progress, but it's different:

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

The game, during load times, display a message that my system is not running at 16 bit color depth. Now I don't know how to change that, but searching in my control panel, I found that I'm running at 8 bit with no option to change it, could be a hardware limitation, don't know. My rig is relative new, the monitor, not so much though, it's a simple LCD 22" Samsung monitor from about 2008 at 1920x1080 resolution and 60 hz. Don't know now if this is my problem here.
Could really use some light *wink* *wink* with this, people, please. Really like this game, but it can't be played like this.

Some additional info:
I Have the game on Steam. Automatic update is active.
Processor: Intel Core I5 10600KF
RAM: 16 GB at 2400 MHz
VGA: GTX 1650 Super
Storage: SSD 500 GB M.2 NVMe

Last edited by Stuff; 12/04/23 01:18 AM.
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
I may be pleasantly surprised, but these forums are pretty much entirely BG3 focussed these days, and not particularly busy, so unfortunately you probably won’t get your question answered here.

I don’t think there’s a specific Beyond Divinity Reddit, but you could try the D:OS one at https://www.reddit.com/r/DivinityOriginalSin or the Larian Discord, to which there’s a link on their webpage.

Alternatively, you could contact Larian support directly if fellow gamers can’t help. Again, there’s a link to support info on the Larian webpage.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
S
Stuff Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Wow, thanks for the fast reply!
Yeah, I imagined that I was on my own when this appeared. It's the great fear when playing older games, but then I thought "who knows, maybe I'll find something in the official forums".
Always loved older games. There's just something about them, they come from a time when gaming was in its infancy, there were fewer stakes and agendas, you could just try whatever, see what sticks, it's been progressive hard to find this liberty of mind in new games.
But thank you for the suggestions, I will try Reddit and Discord.

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard