Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
I've logged 111 hours in the game as well as played 40 or more hours in offline mode, having redone various segments or going pre-stormfist castle after almost escaping Iona's dungeon, etc. I was now at the phase of selling all my loot, having gathered the council of 7. I've done the same over some 6-8 hours of logged time, and since it was getting too time consuming I started using the quick save/load shortcuts. I've used the option a lot in a short frame of time with numerous merchants, mainly over two hours I guess. Not sure if this caused the issue, but the game has graphic glitches now. Started as a few glitched shelves and every time I leave and enter a house it gets progressively worse. The second time of entry into a house, which was different from the first, all furniture glitched graphically. The glitch is multicolour, mostly green. Third time, the NPCs was also glitched similarly, fourth time the NPCs were blacked out. At this point teleporting back to the Aleroth starting bed using a pyramid won't work, trying to use a pyramid to go there crashed the game both times I tried. Loaded a save before the glitch appeared but it persists. Verified game file integrity, 10 files were missing. After they were re-acquired, the problem still persisted. Loading a game sometimes has everything and everyone blacked out except the player character.

I haven't messed around with the files of this game. Haven't used hex editors for this game. Haven't got such software installed or used any such utility for other software. I play on a Lenovo Legion Y540 laptop, the only peripherals used are a mouse and earphones, used throughout the playthrough. No major OS update, maybe a few security ones, since I started playing DD almost around a year ago.

I do not want to restart the game of course- was looking forward to Beyond Divinity which fixed 2 of the few shortcomings of DD that really annoy me. The game is too long to consider restarting for me. Any way to fix this?

R
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
Additional info- game played in software mode, 800x600 resolution, no older OS compatibility mode enabled. Aside from the usual broken quests and very rare, non-replicating crash (only Mardaneus' shelf with the book did but that wasn't a problem), the game ran fine throughout.

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
I may be pleasantly surprised, but these forums are pretty much entirely BG3 focussed these days, and not particularly busy, so unfortunately you probably won’t get your question answered here.

I don’t think there’s a specific Divine Divinity Reddit, but you could try the D:OS one at https://www.reddit.com/r/DivinityOriginalSin or the Larian Discord, to which there’s a link on their webpage.

Alternatively, you could contact Larian support directly if fellow gamers can’t help. Again, there’s a link to support info on the Larian webpage.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
R
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
@THe Red Queen I thank you for your reply. There is a subreddit for the older divinity games but it won't be very helpful for technical issues, also it is very small and very inactive. I've never visited the Original Sin one, as I'd assumed it mainly focused on D:OS1 onwards. I'm far from getting around to playing those. In any case, I've stopped posting on reddit.

I'd tried again shortly after making this forum post and restarting the laptop and the bug remained. However I loaded it up again just now, and the issues seems to be gone for good probably. I've teleported to the Aleroth base without CTD and there's no graphic glitch. Same for the houses in Ars Magicana, which is where I was when I encountered the issue. While it is gone for now, it is not a done deal and may appear again, in which case I'll make an update here even with the faint hopes that someone would know a fix. But I have a very strong feeling it won't happen again, right till the moment I'm done with the game.

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard