Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Where's patch 10?

STILL WAITING FOR NEW COMPANION AND CUSTOM PARTY WITHOUT MULTIPLAYER.
BECAUSE WHY FUCKING NOT???
S
old hand
old hand
S
Originally Posted by Street Hero
Where's patch 10?
There wont be a patch 10 as announced in the previous PFH.

T
stranger
stranger
T
and you know any news, any comments or until August in standby mode???

C
C
Also any specific day in August for the release? Need to schedule my vacation accordingly. 😄

Originally Posted by crst
Also any specific day in August for the release? Need to schedule my vacation accordingly. 😄

Just a quick Google search instantly shows it to be the 31st of August.

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
I think the reason there was no response to that query from back in Feb in this thread was that the 31 Aug date was confirmed in a community update later that same day smile

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Pator
[*] Fixed a crash that would occur when booting the game using Vulkan.

This issue sadly still persists for me. I would think it has something to do with my AMD 7000 series graphics card and their drivers maybe. I already sent a support email a few minutes ago to help with this issue.
The DX11 Version works thankfully.

And yes, my gameversion is updated to patch 4.1.1.2154614

[img]
https://imgur.com/VGPdAUo
[/img]

Best regards,
Pator

Yes, D3d11 works and supports HDR, fortunately. Running Windows 11 build 22624.1755. I don't get the crash running Vulkan, but Vulkan doesn't support HDR last I checked. For me, the D3d11 version runs much better than the Vulkan version in terms of image quality--I play at 4k. The Vulkan version looks a bit off on the texturing compared with the D3d11 version. Hard to say exactly because the D3d11 HDR version looks splendiforous. So I'm a bit particular about IQ. I'm running an RX-6900XT and the Vulkan version runs fine but doesn't look as good. Which is sort of weird as from day 1 Larian said that Vulkan was the API default. You could be right about the 7000 series, though--I just don't know. I'm still somewhat surprised that Larian doesn't do a D3d12 version since this game has taken such a long time in Early Access--I bought it on day one figuring I'd have maybe 9 months to wait--hah-hah...;) Shaping up nicely, though, although Chapter 1 is getting somewhat long in the tooth...!

I'm never wrong about anything, and so if you see an error in any of my posts you will know immediately that I did not write it...;)
old hand
old hand
Running Windows 11 is a dice roll as each new update breaks as much as it fixed... having DX11 & Vulkan as options for each user is one of the things Larian got right

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.
Originally Posted by Waltc
Originally Posted by Pator
[*] Fixed a crash that would occur when booting the game using Vulkan.

This issue sadly still persists for me. I would think it has something to do with my AMD 7000 series graphics card and their drivers maybe. I already sent a support email a few minutes ago to help with this issue.
The DX11 Version works thankfully.

And yes, my gameversion is updated to patch 4.1.1.2154614

[img]
https://imgur.com/VGPdAUo
[/img]

Best regards,
Pator

Yes, D3d11 works and supports HDR, fortunately. Running Windows 11 build 22624.1755. I don't get the crash running Vulkan, but Vulkan doesn't support HDR last I checked. For me, the D3d11 version runs much better than the Vulkan version in terms of image quality--I play at 4k. The Vulkan version looks a bit off on the texturing compared with the D3d11 version. Hard to say exactly because the D3d11 HDR version looks splendiforous. So I'm a bit particular about IQ. I'm running an RX-6900XT and the Vulkan version runs fine but doesn't look as good. Which is sort of weird as from day 1 Larian said that Vulkan was the API default. You could be right about the 7000 series, though--I just don't know. I'm still somewhat surprised that Larian doesn't do a D3d12 version since this game has taken such a long time in Early Access--I bought it on day one figuring I'd have maybe 9 months to wait--hah-hah...;) Shaping up nicely, though, although Chapter 1 is getting somewhat long in the tooth...!

It may be different because of our setups, but my SO and I play on TVs, TCL6 series. TVs are stacked top is 65", bottom is 75", but that's the only difference. We play via GeForce Now. For some reason, I have always loaded with DX11, she loads with Vulcan...maybe it's vice versa...Anyway, to me at least with this setup, our performance is identical and visually there is no discernable difference.
Just my experience.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by iBowfish
We play via GeForce Now. For some reason, I have always loaded with DX11, she loads with Vulcan...maybe it's vice versa...Anyway, to me at least with this setup, our performance is identical and visually there is no discernable difference.
Just my experience.
because the cloud is doing all the work not your system but even if you did have a computer the two should rendor the same... its basically which part [Cpu vs Gpu] does the rendor

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard