Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
Does anyone else get a weird vibe that some of the forum users, or at least their responses, are not generated by humans but instead are AI-powered?

I've gotten this feeling from some recent posts, specifically by a user that started posting again very recently, after not posting since EA started.

It is not uncommon for AI-powered bots to be used on forums and social media platforms to interact with users and provide information or answer questions. However, it is important to note that these bots are typically programmed to follow specific guidelines and may not have the same level of understanding or creativity as human users.

Regarding the specific case of AI users on the Baldur's Gate 3 forum, it is possible that some users may have developed AI bots to participate in discussions or offer suggestions related to the game. However, it is also possible that some users may be mistakenly assuming that other users are AI bots based on their level of knowledge or the nature of their contributions to the forum. Ultimately, it is important to approach all forum interactions with a healthy dose of skepticism and verify information from multiple sources before making decisions or drawing conclusions.

What are your thoughts on this?

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
I would encourage everyone to engage in good faith on these forums and to assume that other forum members are doing the same. If you have concerns that a user is not genuine then please PM me or use the forum functionality to report suspect posts.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by The Red Queen
I would encourage everyone to engage in good faith on these forums and to assume that other forum members are doing the same. If you have concerns that a user is not genuine then please PM me or use the forum functionality to report suspect posts.
That’s exactly what an AI would say…*squints*

Really the next few years is going to be wild.

OP Offline
Originally Posted by The Red Queen

I just wonder is all, and was curious if anyone else felt this way too.

I've thought this on many occasions, but it really hit me again recently after playing around with Bard and Chat GPT myself a little bit. I saw a few posts that really delivered that "disconnected" feeling.

I don't have concerns that a user isn't genuine, I mean just because they may be AI doesn't mean they're any less of a person than the rest of us, right? Right? confused

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard