Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 24 1 2 3 4 23 24
old hand
old hand
Have you seen utility cantrips (Shape Water, Druidcraft, Prestidigitation, Mold Earth, Gust etc. pp.) or VHuman in character creation? Is exhaustion a thing? Did you try to make a full custom party from start and is it possible to save our char builds?

Last edited by Lotus Noctus; 08/07/23 12:51 PM.
veteran
veteran
I feel like i should say im happy for you ...
But to be completely honest, im much more jealous on you. :P
But happy too!
If this invite was reward for your work here, you earned it and much more. smile

Originally Posted by The Red Queen
halfling ranger/rogue to level 2 and adventure as far as the druid grove
Most important question first:
How did your Halfling look like, and will you change your profile again? laugh
//Edit: Actually ... there is one important question for me about looks.
Have you noticed any darker hair collors, or is it all just bright pastels? frown

Not so important question then:
How Sneak Attack worked? Especialy with off-hand attacks?

And the least important question:
What things that are not curently, were part of reaction system? And especialy, was Sneak Attack damage one of them?

Maybe i swaped importance of those questions accidentaly. O_o laugh

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 08/07/23 06:29 AM.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
veteran
veteran
Yes, how did the halfling look? Did they fix the proportions?

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
old hand
old hand
Nice informations, although I did not need to see the female one of the main (?) adversaries. I especially like that the potential party members are not locked after Act 1 and that you can change play difficulty on the fly. BTW my planned way of playing sounds so boring (having a custom char, being mostly good, using only EA companions) compared to all the possible "evil" stuff they made so much effort for at Larian. grin

What I would like to know and didn't find searching, although it must be there: When does the early access to Act 1 phase start from the Digital Deluxe Edition (which you seeminggly get as upgrade as EA player)? Is it August 3rd (on PC) or three days earlier?

F
addict
addict
F
Did anyone catch how many ki points monks gain per level now?

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by FrostyFardragon
Well ...
Dark Urge character, that was running around Nautiloid crash, so level 2 i asume ... had 2
During that Karlach romance scene, the other Dragonborn Monk, was on level 9, presuming our companions still level with us, well at least Karlach is level 9 there ... had 10
And during that Goblin fight ... they had 5 ... but i have no idea how to figure out what level they are.

Anyway my guess is that level = ki points ... +/-

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
F
addict
addict
F
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Originally Posted by FrostyFardragon
Well ...
Dark Urge character, that was running around Nautiloid crash, so level 2 i asume ... had 2
During that Karlach romance scene, the other Dragonborn Monk, was on level 9, presuming our companions still level with us, well at least Karlach is level 9 there ... had 10
And during that Goblin fight ... they had 5 ... but i have no idea how to figure out what level they are.

Anyway my guess is that level = ki points ... +/-
Thanks for trying. 1 per level is as per PnP rules, but they did say they had increased them. Which would be pretty much essential to make Four Elements not suck.

Last edited by FrostyFardragon; 08/07/23 10:26 AM.
L
addict
addict
L
Hi Red Queen

I hope you had a lovely time!

Question: have they changed sneak attack?

Thanks

Volunteer Moderator
OP Offline
Volunteer Moderator
Okay, checked in at the airport and waiting for my plane home, so will start working through these and see how far I get!

Originally Posted by neprostoman
I am happy for you, it must have been a very interesting experience to play the final version of the game beforehand. I bet playing it brings much more emotion than watching a reveal - basically other playing it (and not being very good at it, either...).

Yes, I felt so fortunate to have this experience, and certainly I don’t find watching other people play nearly so much fun as playing myself, and I think BG3 is a game that rewards actually getting stuck in and creating your own story. Though I make no claims to being very good at it either! And it definitely was helpful to get shown some stuff I’d never have had time to find probably even if I’d played for days grin

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
B
old hand
old hand
B
Okay, checked in at the airport and waiting for my plane home, so will start working through these and see how far I get!
You poor thing!
In your absence the forum has been fast, furious and prolific smile

Volunteer Moderator
OP Offline
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by Tarlonniel
I'm impressed that you managed to escape the character creator. Even after ~400 hours of early access, I'm probably going to be stuck in that thing for far too long.

Despite giving myself a stern talking to in advance, I probably did spend too long in character creation before forcing myself to get started! I am going to easily spend as long or longer than I had to play the game yesterday just getting my first character perfect once the game releases.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
Volunteer Moderator
OP Offline
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by Zerubbabel
favorite new thing?

This is SO hard. I saw loads I loved, some of which I definitely don’t want to spoil, but I guess maybe the character creator changes? There’s no way a character creation system is ever going to be enough for me, but the improvements exceeded my expectations and I’m foreseeing hours of fun.

I’ll not say some of the other stuff right now in case it comes up later in the thread, but anything that I really enjoyed and doesn’t crop up in this chat I’ll add at the end!

Volunteer Moderator
OP Offline
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by Beechams
Did you notice any changes to the trading or any sign of crafting?
Any new content up to the point/place you managed to get to? Probably not as it was only level2 and the grove.
What about the xp and the level progression? Did it feel about the same speed/pace?

I didn’t actually manage to do any trading so not sure on that.

But my character did start the game with an Alchemy Pouch (and a Keyring and a Camp Supply Pack), and there was a screen for alchemy that apparently lets us create “poisons, elixirs and weapon-coatings” from raw ingredients, though unfortunately I never had chance to play around with it.

And yes, while the bit of the game I played was very definitely recognisable from EA there were also a number of noticeable changes. Some of those will probably come up in the chat here, but if not then if anyone is interested I’ll go into a bit more detail about the kinds of things I noticed, but I expect folk would most enjoy discovering them for themselves in a few weeks!

Level progression is a tricky one. As I said, I was still only level 2 on reaching the grove, whereas in EA I’d tend to hit level 3 at the grove even if I’d not visited the Ancient Ruins (as I didn’t yesterday). But I’m not sure if the slower progression was due to any changes in XP balancing, or mainly because I discovered one of the aforementioned changes which allowed me to bypass some of the stuff on the nautiloid. (I’m assuming that what I found was a shortcut and the stuff from EA or something like it is still all there, otherwise the prologue is definitely shorter!)

Volunteer Moderator
OP Offline
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by Alodar
Is rolling available for stat generation or is point buy the only method for stats?
Thanks!

With the caveat that I didn’t have much time to hunt around in options, I didn’t see any option for stat rolling or any attribute allocation system other than point buy. But see next answer …

veteran
Online Content
veteran
That is such an amazing experience, good for you! My biggest question is how did the dialogue options look? Does it seem like there are more than there were in EA?

Volunteer Moderator
OP Offline
Volunteer Moderator
Are racial attributes still a thing?

From our recent chat on this topic, I realise this is going to be a divisive one!

But in the build I got to play with, for my custom character, each race seemed to have a default +2 and +1 to different attributes, but this was configurable (it had to be a +2 and +1, though, not three +1s). So I was able to give my halfling +2 Dex, +1 Wis. I’m pretty sure, though not 100%, that this included humans, but didn’t have time to look through every race to see what they got in addition to their stat bonuses.

old hand
old hand

From our recent chat on this topic, I realise this is going to be a divisive one!

But in the build I got to play with, for my custom character, each race seemed to have a default +2 and +1 to different attributes, but this was configurable (it had to be a +2 and +1, though, not three +1s). So I was able to give my halfling +2 Dex, +1 Wis. I’m pretty sure, though not 100%, that this included humans, but didn’t have time to look through every race to see what they got in addition to their stat bonuses.

Yikes, I guess I'll have to live with that! I wonder if there would be a toggle for this option.

Last edited by neprostoman; 08/07/23 11:12 AM.
L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L

That is certainly a very interesting change if it is the case. I wonder what they will end up giving to Humans to offset that then? They just seem... bad if they don't get the flat +1 to everything?

Also impacts thoughts on what race I will be playing as the game begins.

Volunteer Moderator
OP Offline
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by Boblawblah
Without spoilerly details, how different is what you saw of Act 1?

This is a tricky one! Definitely different enough that I’d not want to make any assumptions or skip through scenes if I were really playing, though I did yesterday to try to see as much gameplay stuff as I could. I suspect more changes have been made to some areas than others.

And the whole thing just felt so much more polished. I mean, it’s still BG3 so possibly not compared to some AAA games, but just things like little animations to bring things to life, like the imps you first encounter with Lae’zel.

If you don’t get enough info about changes from the rest of this chat and want to discuss further once other questions are answered, I’d be happy to go into a bit more detail.

veteran
veteran
Thanks for answering questions!😊 In the PFH they said you could dye your camp clothes. Can you dye your armor as well? How about transmog?

Page 2 of 24 1 2 3 4 23 24

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard