Page 30 of 31 1 2 28 29 30 31
G
addict
addict
G
Sigh.

veteran
veteran
Look, I think Larian likes to upset people's sensibilities by showing the most extreme pathways at times. Nobody is forcing you to play like that, I am sure there are plenty of more traditional, vanilla and family friendly options for dating and relationships that don't involve bear sex. You do you and don't worry about what other people get up to. It's not your job to police the bedrooms/fantasies of the world.

Blackheifer
veteran
veteran
I thought that dinner date with Karlach was disgustingly wholesome

enthusiast
enthusiast
Couldent agree more, but most of all, you have a modesty option, and most of all, choise, dont like it, dont do it... but just couse someone has a problem with something nude, that dosent mean all adut people have, dont take away other peoples choise... my point is i think every one got mostly everything, and thats what matters, i also want a rpg to be more then hack n slash...

apprentice
apprentice
Wow. I can't believe people are still complaining about this. Glad Larian didn't listen though. I saw the genitals option in character creation.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Sozz
I thought that dinner date with Karlach was disgustingly wholesome

I know, it's was so revolting, but I believe in tolerance as well...

Blackheifer
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Aurora42
Couldent agree more, but most of all, you have a modesty option, and most of all, choise, dont like it, dont do it... but just couse someone has a problem with something nude, that dosent mean all adut people have, dont take away other peoples choise... my point is i think every one got mostly everything, and thats what matters, i also want a rpg to be more then hack n slash...

Aurora, you are such an advocate for freedom!! Even though I sometimes disagree with what you write, I respect your ability to enjoy and to not overload them with unnecessary meaning! A trait some people should learn for sure...

A
journeyman
journeyman
A
I played BG 1 and 2 when they came out (yes, I'm old) and loved them. So I was really excited to see Larian make BG 3. I splashed out on EA, in a fit of mindless enthusiasm, and have played though Act I twice, though that was quite a while ago and I have been avoiding playing since because I want it to be a fresh(ish) experience at launch.

...But, the more I see of BG 3, the more despondent I get. I mean, what were they thinking with that new trailer? It looks really really awful. It seems like they are making mistake after mistake, stupid game breaking mechanics, unlikable NPCs, cringeworthy "romance" and now bear sex. ugh.

enthusiast
enthusiast
not sure how i should read your post, but it pretty much says, if other can play in ways i disaprove off, it should be removed, is that it ?

PS modesty filter, problem solved ?

Last edited by Aurora42; 07/07/23 11:06 PM.
A
journeyman
journeyman
A
not sure how i should read your post, but it pretty much says, if other can play in ways i disaprove off, it should be removed, is that it ?

No, it is not solved by a modesty filter. If the game has one single npc I can stomach having in my party, then it is a bad game for me. If the combat is cheesy and full of shoves and exploding barrels, that is a bad game for me. If I want to play a character with a particular moral position on life, and there is no content for that, then it is a bad game for me. If every romantic interaction in the game is cringeworthy and awful, it is a bad game for me. This IS a zero-sum game - every inclusion of shite reduces the fun we get from playing it. If I took a dump on your kitchen floor, I don't think you would be very happy with me telling you just to ignore it ("if you don't like it, don't look at it, or smell it").

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Arkhan

No, it is not solved by a modesty filter. If the game has one single npc I can stomach having in my party, then it is a bad game for me. If the combat is cheesy and full of shoves and exploding barrels, that is a bad game for me. If I want to play a character with a particular moral position on life, and there is no content for that, then it is a bad game for me. If every romantic interaction in the game is cringeworthy and awful, it is a bad game for me. This IS a zero-sum game - every inclusion of shite reduces the fun we get from playing it. If I took a dump on your kitchen floor, I don't think you would be very happy with me telling you just to ignore it ("if you don't like it, don't look at it, or smell it").

Some games just don't live up to our expectations. But may be, just may be, give it a try. You could be able to make your playthrough cringe-less still.

A
journeyman
journeyman
A
Originally Posted by neprostoman
Some games just don't live up to our expectations. But may be, just may be, give it a try. You could be able to make your playthrough cringe-less still.

Oh, I'll definitely give it a try. I have already paid for it after all. But I am not terribly hopeful and it just seems that every announcement from Larian is including something I don't like. (Not quite true - I actually rather like Sword Bards.) Put it this way, if they had a community update #21 and announced they were adding guns to the game, would you not be upset? Even if you didn't have to use the guns?

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Arkhan
Originally Posted by neprostoman

Oh, I'll definitely give it a try. I have already paid for it after all. But I am not terribly hopeful and it just seems that every announcement from Larian is including something I don't like. (Not quite true - I actually rather like Sword Bards.) Put it this way, if they had a community update #21 and announced they were adding guns to the game, would you not be upset? Even if you didn't have to use the guns?

I don't know. I'll probably would, but I lowered my expectations and decided to put faith in their vision the moment I bought the game like 3 years ago. Knowing their specific humor and their weaknesses after playing DOS and DOS2. I'll focus on the best parts of the game and try and stretch some plot limitations laugh

Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
WHY WAS THIS THREAD RESURRECTED
I THOUGHT WE KILLED IT IN THE BEFORE TIMES

this really is the Ketheric Thorm of threads

Remember the human (This is a forum for a video game):
T
apprentice
apprentice
T
It would be great if the possibility of romantic relationships with the characters was limited by their preferences, views and prejudices. In the current version, they are strangely illegible when choosing partners. This is justified only for the player's character, for whom it is the player who makes decisions and forms preferences based on his inclinations, sympathies and views.

M
apprentice
apprentice
M

Not sure if I read your post correctly, but it pretty much says: if others can search for content on the darkweb (fe. bestiality) that I disapprove of, that's fine. I can just choose not to.

V
enthusiast
enthusiast
V
Guy is fine with murder, slavery but sex..sad, and pathetic.

I say they should charge double for a baby version that cuts all content that can be seen as mature including nudity, sex, violence, or extreme cases of evil. That should satisfy prudes.

Last edited by Volourn; 10/07/23 02:51 AM.
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
I'm not understanding why this thread was necro-ed. In general I don't mind that rather than starting a brand new thread on the same topic, but generally would want it to be clear what new and different point the person resurrecting the thread is making and what they now want to discuss, so folk don't have to start looking through months old posts to get context. And then start getting het up and arguing about things that also happened months ago.

I'm tempted just to lock this thread, and I will if there are any more insults thrown around.

Given that we now know there will indeed be modesty filters in the game (though we might have our doubts about how effective they are!) much of this old discussion is now redundant anyway.

I'll leave it for now, but fair warning has been given!

Last edited by The Red Queen; 09/07/23 09:41 PM.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
enthusiast
enthusiast
I necroed the thread... and i agree with you, normally i would have made a new thread, but after the presentation, same old arguments came up that been beaten to death in this thread... And that BG3 is ERSB 17 M game with strong sexual content, it was a thing a year ago, and was a thing a few days ago... it wasent just a random thing back then, it will be part of the game, for those that choose so... its important to show its not just something new Larian threw into the mix for some publicity stunt...

What is good though, is that we now know we have a modesty filter, and i hope its a good for those that want options to avoid these things, couse as what Sven says, BG3 is all about Choise... and i think we all will have to navigate things we like over things we like less... and personally i think thats a good thing

Last edited by Aurora42; 09/07/23 10:22 PM.
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Thanks for clarifying why you posted here, Aurora42. That does make sense, much as I'm sure more than one of us would prefer some of the discussion here fade into the mists of time.

I'll continue to leave it open, but reserve the right to lock it if people aren't civil, or if people start directly responding to points made months ago rather than ones made now.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
Page 30 of 31 1 2 28 29 30 31

Link Copied to Clipboard