Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
enthusiast
enthusiast
One ticket for the Hype Train, please! Last time I was this excited was 20 years ago and I just discovered BG2 has an active modding community!

Since the old Bioware is dead I am glad Larian is here with their character-driven stories. BG3 ticks all the most important boxes for me.

Story us, the players, can infuence? Bingo!
A way to play a meaningfully evil charatcer? Got it covered! (if the last PFH is anything to go by)
Vast character creator? Obviously!
Talkative/interactive companions? Yes!
Optional romances? Of course!
A wizard with a cat? Sure thing!

I am so excited and so impatient to finally play the full thing! 3 more weeks, EA folks! 3 more weeks!

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Vitani
Since the old Bioware is dead I am glad Larian is here with their character-driven stories. BG3 ticks all the most important boxes for me.

It is the same for me.

And I forgot to mention one thing in my already quite long post: there is finally an interaction between a warlock and their patron.
This is something I have been waiting for. Without any interaction with the patron, the warlock class was always a bit uninteresting for me in RPGs, it was just another caster class with slightly different spells.
Being able to communicate with the patron gives this class so much more flavor, I think.

My second game will most likely be a pact of the archfey warlock.

veteran
veteran
I too am excited about the warlock class! That's gonna be my first run, an archfey warlock. For all my issues with the game, I still think it's gonna be fun, and I'm still gonna play it a bunch until the next dragon age game comes around. Or Rogue Traders, whichever comes first.

addict
OP Offline
addict
I wonder how many times I will replay this thing... I wonder what 750 hours in EA translates into for release? LoL!

veteran
veteran
Saw this excerpt from PCGamer on Reddit😊:

Choice truly is king in Baldur's Gate III, in a way that I've never experienced before in gaming, and that extends through its every facet, from how you design, spec, and equip your character, to what companions you discover, take with you or kill, who you romance and how, what quests you discover or take and how you choose to play them out, how and if you discover the consequences of your actions on that previous quest, how to tackle each and every fight tactically, how you involve yourself in interactions between companions, how you get to a certain destination, and when to even travel to Baldur's Gate and engage, one way or another, in a story that has major implications for all of Faerûn. The possibilities are dizzying when you start to think about them.

How Baldur's Gate III will be received by critics remains unknown at the time of writing. However, there is one thing that I do know after playing the game and hearing about the journey Vlncke, Smith, and the Larian team have been on for six years — RPGs are about to be changed forever with Baldur's Gate III. The reactivity to player choice this game offers, regardless of anything else, makes it a landmark moment in the history of gaming and, just like its esteemed series forebears were all those years ago, it is going to be a new benchmark that all subsequent CRPGs will be measured against.

So, to quote the legendary Baldur's Gate ranger Minsc himself... Make way villainy, hero coming through!

old hand
old hand
In order for me to board this train, I'd have to jump off at full speed first.

Fear my wrath, for it is great indeed.
I'll still play a custom Tav first, but I'm excited to experience the new Wyll and Mizora story!

I
enthusiast
enthusiast
I
I'm mostly immune to hype these days, but heck....the game isn't even out and I already have character scenes in my head. I don't think that has happened ever before. And I've been playing these games since the 1980s.

As for disaappointment...well, many things can diappoint a little but it takes a lot to ruin a game for me if the story mostly works. Such as the disaster of Mass Effect 3's ending.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Icelyn
Reddit😊
Except picture of nice looking cat ...
Nothing particulary new said huh?

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Reddit😊
All aboard the BG3 cat hype train!!!

[Linked Image from i.redd.it]

Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
Reddit😊

Not that I’m going to do it, but I just realized the Dark Urge will have interesting dialogue options involving that cat.

Remember the human (This is a forum for a video game):
veteran
veteran
Reddit😊

This is the fan train, not the news van!

Reddit😊

Rather have my ferret familiar from BG2. Is that on a separate train?

Nobody's perfect... I'm a nobody.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Reddit😊

I'm so looking forward to scratching that little head kitty

Also taking a look inside the envelope, I'm nosy like this.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Zerubbabel
Not that I’m going to do it, but I just realized the Dark Urge will have interesting dialogue options involving that cat.
Dont you dare even think about it!

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
veteran
veteran
This!!!!!!!!!😮

Is it a cat delivery service, or is someone writing the cat a letter?😊

addict
addict
Question is, were are the tracks leading too? And can bears also ride?

It just reminded me of the bowl of goat's milk that old Winthrop used to put outside his door every evening for the dust demons. He said the dust demons could never resist goat's milk, and that they would always drink themselves into a stupor and then be too tired to enter his room..
veteran
veteran
I love Larian and all the devs and people making this happen. Full stop. I love Baldur's Gate 3* more than any game I have ever played and have sunk more hours into the EA than probably any non-Larian employee (a few members of my guild have more).

However, it's perfectly ok to be respectfully critical, and for those people who are expressing uncertainty and doubts that is all perfectly normal for people who are so heavily invested. This close to release its hard to contain the excitement after so many years.

But yeah, I have games scheduled both single and multiplayer throughout August. I have roleplaying runs, murderhobo runs, Serious Runs. It's going to be BG3 seven days a week as much as I can squeeze in for the foreseeable future.

I may not even look at Starfield until months after release. I expect to be playing this game for the next decade. I want to die in the middle (preferably end) of a BG3 (or other module) run with some of my favorite Guildies on Discord.

My last words - "Guys, it was great, take care...Blackheifer out..."

Is that enough of a fanboi for you :P

*Elden Ring is a close second. I will take a break for Shadow of the Erdtree

Blackheifer
N
stranger
stranger
N
Originally Posted by RumRunner151
I wonder how many times I will replay this thing... I wonder what 750 hours in EA translates into for release? LoL!

You won't have any time left over to play Cyberpunk DLC. Then where would be your Starfield allocation?

Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
This!!!!!!!!!😮

Is it a cat delivery service, or is someone writing the cat a letter?😊

You've heard of chicken wings and catsup, now get ready for cat wings and chicken soup.

Remember the human (This is a forum for a video game):
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard