Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 23 24
Volunteer Moderator
OP Offline
Volunteer Moderator
Hi all

I was lucky enough to be invited to Larian’s creator day event on 7 July in Ghent. I got to meet a bunch of folks who create online games content and are way cooler than I am, and be part of the live audience sitting through that marathon PFH. But I also got to see another presentation of the game earlier in the day which covered some of the same stuff but also some different elements, and even got to play a bit of what looks like a nearly - but not quite - release version of the game. Though I feel I barely scratched the surface and there’s tons of stuff I wanted to discover (and you probably would have wanted me to discover!), but the time absolutely flew by.

I was wowed by the character creator and the added polish the game has acquired in the form of animations to bring key moments, including companion entrances, to life. I was sad at the lack of a fully voiced protagonist, and there were some other of my wishlist items that don’t seem to be there, but overall I was so impressed by the way the game was looking and am now even more stoked about the full release.

Bearing in mind that I only had chance to get my halfling ranger/rogue to level 2 and adventure as far as the druid grove, and so am only going to be able to share some impressions of the early game plus the little bit of the later game shown in the earlier presentation, feel free to ask me any questions below and once I get back to my desk with a proper keyboard tomorrow UK late afternoon I’ll start answering the ones that I can.

In the meantime, I’ve had limited success trying to keep half an eye on what’s being discussed here, but I can see that there’s stuff people feel strongly about. Which is great, and we’re all here because we care, but I hope that we will stop before disagreements turn into arguments and we’ll all do what we can to keep things constructive and friendly.

Looking forward to chatting with you all about what we’ve all seen over the past 24 hours!

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
old hand
old hand
I am happy for you, it must have been a very interesting experience to play the final version of the game beforehand. I bet playing it brings much more emotion than watching a reveal - basically other playing it (and not being very good at it, either...).

old hand
old hand
I'm impressed that you managed to escape the character creator. Even after ~400 hours of early access, I'm probably going to be stuck in that thing for far too long.

Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
favorite new thing?

Remember the human (This is a forum for a video game):
B
old hand
old hand
B
Did you notice any changes to the trading or any sign of crafting?
Any new content up to the point/place you managed to get to? Probably not as it was only level2 and the grove.
What about the xp and the level progression? Did it feel about the same speed/pace?

enthusiast
enthusiast
Is rolling available for stat generation or is point buy the only method for stats?
Thanks!

old hand
old hand
Also, could you shed some light on attributes? Are racial attributes still a thing? Are rolled stats a thing? Anything completely different?

Edit: Alodar was faster smile

Last edited by neprostoman; 07/07/23 11:40 PM.
veteran
veteran
Without spoilerly details, how different is what you saw of Act 1?

D
addict
addict
D
When you say "Ranger/Rogue" are you implying that multiclassing is in? Or is that just how you think of her?

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by dwig
When you say "Ranger/Rogue" are you implying that multiclassing is in? Or is that just how you think of her?

multiclassing was confirmed this morning.

Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
Originally Posted by dwig
Multiclassing confirmed.
Respeccing whenever you want confirmed.
Being encouraged to blend classes for unique combinations confirmed.

Remember the human (This is a forum for a video game):
veteran
Online Sad
veteran
I would like to know:

1) Is it possible to multiclass the companions?

2) Are there any additional options to the difficulty settings besides the three standard settings?

3) Is it possible to pause the game during realtime exploration?

C
addict
addict
C
Super glad for you! What a treat, and the effort you put into moderating, it's very well earned!

addict
addict
Can you rename the Dark Urge like you can Tav? Or are you stuck with the name “Dark Urge”?

enthusiast
enthusiast
Big grats on the event !

I do have a question, its probably not as important but im still curious, do you know if there is hair dressers and or barbers, or any kind of changing custom apreance ingame ?... thanks

veteran
veteran
That's great, that you were able to go to the event. I hope, you had tons of fun.
I also want to know , if you can roll stats and If the gameplay feels a lot different.
Tuco made a thread about what wasn't mentioned in the PfH and might not be in the game. Is there any chance, some of that made it in and just wasn't adressed in the game?

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
S
stranger
stranger
S
have they said something about changing origin character attributes or classes?

also is there news regarding party after act 1, can you keep everyone or only 3 + you obviously will stay

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
I have a few questions that haven't been added yet...

1)Were there any QoL updates to the inventory system?

2)How did multiclassing work in game? Do you just have the option of choosing any class each time you level up?

3)Were there any changes made to the camping/resting system?

Happy for your experience!

Do you have any news on how the discussions are handled? Are companions stats taken into account when performing a roll? Can we change who's talking in a conversation?

... because it's fun!
addict
addict
Are you the Red Queen sitting in the front row on the end with Red hair? :)~

Joking aside ( see what I did there..) I enjoyed PFH, Then that happened. Ive watched it again since, Im still excited to play. Im even more interested in THE DARK URGE path. It wont be my first play through however.

Last edited by Doomlord; 08/07/23 06:16 AM.

DRAGON FIRE-AND DOOM Dragons? Splendid things, lad-so long as ye look upon them only in tapestries, or in the masks worn at revels, or from about three realms off...
Astragarl Hornwood, Mage of Elembar - Year of the Tusk
Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 23 24

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard